Goodbye, Old Friend

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by puddinguy62, Oct 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puddinguy62

puddinguy62 Active Member

Well, its been almost 2 years now, and I guess its time for me to leave

...my island. That's right, I'm leaving my island. I've decided to join a coop, and my 2-year-old island will be gone forever pretty soon. So, since I know all of you were wondering, here's the story of my island (and also my skyblock story) :

It all started back in November 2012. I had just recently made my own Minecraft account (I was playing on my friend's account for over a year before, but I was still a noob), and I was searching through the MCF page to try and figure out what I could do with my very own MC account. And what I found changed my life forever.

Servers.

I found a post created by a man by the name of Noobcrew. It was about 2 months old and talked about this revolutionary thing he called Skyblock. I typed the ip address into Minecraft, and up came a world. But not a regular world, a pre-built world. And there were people with other usernames saying words at the bottom of the page. They seemed to be welcoming me (remember that this was back when the server was much smaller). I remember the first person to welcome me had a username that said RobloxianRoblox. After 5 minutes, I figured out that I had to press "t" to chat, and I started saying thanks. I started to feel like I really fit in here. And then I created an island. It started out small but over time, it grew to a fairly large island that I was really proud about. Then, I was griefed.

I really didn't know what to do or think. I just logged on, excited to play more of my new favorite server, and my island was destroyed. I was filled with rage, so I followed the bridges to griefers made and destroyed every island I could find, hoping 1 of them was the griefer's (I already got accepted amnesty for this, don't worry. I'm completely over doing this now ;) ). I rebuilt the island on my own, and I kind of considered the grief to be a good thing, because it helped me renovate my entire island and make it even better. And that's exactly what I did.

In early 2013, I upgraded myself to $25 donor. That was probably the greatest choice I ever made. Being a donor changed my entire perspective on the server. It also helped me make my island bigger and richer than ever. I also got my first, and only, coop member, a donor (now Skygod) named snorkel2000 (anyone remember snorkle?). We became great friend, but now, he hardly ever comes on.

Later on, I bought $50 donor. That literally changed my entire perspective of my island. It made building my island so much easier, and I could view my island from places that I never could before. Not much else happened until Christmas 2013, when I bought $100 donor. That was big for me for a little while when it first happened, but I had slowly started to grow away from .net. I was really getting into .org by now. So there's really not much else to say, until now.

So, the island that I spent 2 years building up and up on will soon be a memory. I'm leaving it to join someone's coop for the first time ever. I just thought I'd share the story with you before the big moment happens. :>

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
  2. LeePieGuy

LeePieGuy Well-Known Member

3. Moonlight

Moonlight Well-Known Member

You scared me so much ;-;

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. CrazyBirdLady727

CrazyBirdLady727 Well-Known Member

U scared me too! xD

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Jolie

Jolie Active Member

but cant you do that /homes thing with the bed or something?
    then you could coop and have your island :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. LMurph007

LMurph007 Active Member

RIP island

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Daniel

Daniel Well-Known Member

Make sure to tke screenshots before it blows up in the ferocity of a black hole :t

8. PredatorianX

PredatorianX Active Member

Could you post some pictures before you leave?
    You scared me like the others above me too.

• Like Like x 1
  9. puddinguy62

o.o
    Nevermind...

10. Jolie

Jolie Active Member

11. Tribal

Tribal Experienced Member

ermg I remember Snorkels, hes an olddd player.

12. puddinguy62

(WARNING: Noob alert) Uhh, how exactly do I do this?

13. Tribal

Tribal Experienced Member

When you sleep in a bed it saves something, and when you do /homes you spawn on that bed. :p

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Jolie

Jolie Active Member

lol thanks because i didn't know that myself

15. puddinguy62

Thanks but I figured it out myself :p

So, the island will see its 2-year anniversary!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Roblox

Roblox Senior Member

IGN:
    RobloxianRoblox
    Hi

• Winner Winner x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.