Global Global Updates - June 5th, 2023

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Noobcrew, Jun 5, 2023.

1. Noobcrew

Noobcrew Server Owner Server Owner Administrator

IGN:
    Noobcrew
    Global Updates - June 5th, 2023

• Fixed some item stacking issues.
    • Fixed not being able to sell moss blocks in shops.
    • Fixed issues with new shops system on Economy.
    • Fixed shop display issues.
    • Added an extra parameter to the /shops find command that allows you to specify an item name so you no longer need to own the target item.
    • Added the 'owned' and 'wanted' item to the shop transaction message.
    • You can now sell shulkers in shops as long as they don't contain certain items.
    • There is now a [Vote] prefix next to vote announcements instead of [Broadcast].
    • Minecarts with Hoppers will now be limited. Since the update, some users have been using Hopper Minecarts for auto farms and redstone machines. As we've had issues with Hoppers in the past and implemented island limits for this, Hoppers within Minecarts as you'd expect is even worse on the server. We may adjust the current limits if needed but this restriction is necessary as this did contribute upwards of 30% of the overall server lag at times and was responsible for many of the previous lag spikes as well.

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    First thanks noobcrew.

• Winner Winner x 2
  3. luka

luka macdondalds Moderator Premium

IGN:
    Houzo
    Thanks for the update crew!

And thanks to dex again!

• Like Like x 1
  4. *Slagomizer*

*Slagomizer* Moderator Moderator

IGN:
    Slagomizer
    The ability to use an item name instead of having it hand to search is huge, thanks.

Going to have to get a lil creative on all the farms we have with Minecraft hoppers. Is the limit you mention the flow rate, or the number of Minecraft’s with boppers allowed per island, and if so, what has it been changed to?

5. Dexuby

Dexuby Active Member

IGN:
    Dexuby
    Regular farms that utilize minecart hoppers to collect items for example won't really notice a difference. This mainly targets players that used minecart hoppers to bypass the regular hopper limits.

6. *Slagomizer*

*Slagomizer* Moderator Moderator

IGN:
    Slagomizer
    Excellent, thanks for the clarification!

7. KhalDrogo

KhalDrogo Experienced Member

IGN:
    Drogo
    It also targets players that have a number of different farms that make use of the mobility of minecarts, but most of the time aren't in use.

So is it the new hopper minecart limit that just deleted hopper minecarts?
    Because some warning for that would have been nice.
    10 iron a piece!

I have no issue with the limit, just would have been nice to know so we could remove surplus
    What is the new limit? It appears to be 8.

Also, there is still 2 'stone' in shop and it is selling at the wrong price (cheaper than cobble)

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2023
  8. JAWD543

JAWD543 Active Member

IGN:
    JAWD543
    Ain't no way. If I still see lag spikes I want the hopper minecarts back. I hope with this limitation in place that water ways will work a bit better now because with the stacking plugin have water move items is a struggle. The rest of the updates are nice tho. :thumbsup:

9. CraftWithAbbie

CraftWithAbbie Active Member

IGN:
    CraftWithAbbie
    Me and alvideem had just finished building a new improved stone ore gen, placed all the minecart hoppers patiently and crafted an entire bunch up for an item sorter on each ore type, now those carts are all gone. Rip to my hard earned resources crafted together to be voided.

I can understand that stacking a whole bunch of carts together to bypass a hopperimit can cause lag or strain on the server, but single carts non moving on their own, with just a few of each ore going through them can hardly put that much of a strain on the server? Very useful for stone gens to collect the stone before clag removes it in bulk if a hopper limit is too slow to collect them.

10. LeoSteel

LeoSteel Active Member

Perhaps its time to stop limiting the player base and invest in better performance stats?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. JAWD543

JAWD543 Active Member

IGN:
    JAWD543
    Also there are still many issues with the new shop system on economy, one of them being that the sale price in the gui does not match what's on the sign.

12. AJZZ987

AJZZ987 Active Member

IGN:
    AJZZ987
    Agree to the fullest extent

13. MrEPro

MrEPro Active Member

IGN:
    MrEPro
    Thank you I've been missing this

14. Shep

Shep Well-Known Member Premium

IGN:
    lameshep
    Good update.
    Thanks crew, appreciate the effort put into this server. Very nice, i like

15. Noobcrew

IGN:
    Noobcrew
    It's not that simple unfortunately. This is just how Minecraft is and since the beginning of time has always been a performance nightmare.

It is why we took so long to update from 1.12.2 and it is why some of the largest servers today are still on 1.8.9. We already have some of the fastest hardware available for Skyblock but Minecraft servers are single-threaded so it only goes so far, if we could simply pay more to resolve these types of issues we would.

These types of limitations need to be in place so the server can function smoothly and it was something we mentioned before updating to 1.19.2 (there likely will be other things in the future as well). If Hoppers within Minecarts weren't much of an issue we wouldn't bother but there's no reason for us to allow it and favor those auto farming/mining or using specific machines if it negatively affects everyone else.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  16. alvideem

alvideem Member

IGN:
    alvideem
    Will players be reimbursed for the minecarts that were deleted due to this change? Not to mention the resources inside said minecarts. No one had any notice beforehand to ensure items wouldn't get removed. Thanks :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. Noobcrew

IGN:
    Noobcrew
    The update wasn't supposed to remove any Minecarts though feel free to pm me with what is missing and I can look into the logs to see what happened.

18. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    It would appear that the restriction is per chunk not per island/player.
    The most I have in one chunk now is 3 so 3 per chunk seems to be the limit.
    Unfortunately, I had 10 in one chunk so lost most of them.

I have no idea what happens if moving hopper minecarts result in more than 3 in a chunk will result in them being deleted. If not, I assume that a player could place them in the neighbouring chunk and then just push them to where they need them.

19. Fred44223

Fred44223 Member

IGN:
    Fred44223
    I tested pushing hopper minecarts going into other chunks with the max of 3 hopper minecarts in it already and after unloading and reloading the island they disappear and I don't get them back

20. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    Yeah, I've found the same.
    This will cause issues for players using moving carts that might result in more than 3 in a chunk for a period of time.

For those of us that aren't the target of this change, we can likely work with it but I don't know why we have to lose hoppercarts, then try and figure out what the restriction is, losing more in the process, and then have to rebuild to make things work.

I'm more than accepting of this change. It's great if it reduces lag, but it came without warning and so therefore, needless losses. We asked what the restriction was and we weren't told so we have to work it out for ourselves.

If it wasn't supposed to remove minecarts, then I don't know how it was going to solve the issue at hand. If someone has 1000 minecarts in one spot, you would need to delete the excess else the update is somewhat of a waste of time.

Or perhaps just warn the individual players that they are exploiting the mechanic and then ban them if they don't stop it. Doing something like this that effects so many because of the actions of a few, should surely be a last resort.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2023