Withdrawn GLaDDeX1234's Helper Re-Application!

Discussion in 'Withdrawn/Inactive Applications' started by GLaDDeX1234, Feb 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLaDDeX1234

GLaDDeX1234 Active Member

IGN:
    GLaDDeX1234
    Discord Name:「//_ビデオゲームマスターVGM」ඞ#8982

IGN: GLaDDeX1234

Timezone: Mountain (MT)

Can you speak any additional languages?: I'm (obviously lol) very fluent in English, and can speak partial French, Spanish, and am learning Japanese (if I had to say, I'd say I'm very basic)

Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence?: I have multiple screen recorders (and their keyboard shortcuts memorized for easy activation), my Minecraft screencap button memorized (and know how to find them in File Explorer), and my Phone is always available in case those fail!

How long can you be active on our platforms everyday?: I can be active literally whenever (having graduated high school and no job yet, I have a ton of free time lol)

When did you first join Skyblock?: I joined /Skyblock in October 2019, and played a downloadable map version for years before (pretty much since I watched a video playing through a Skyblock map)

Have you ever been banned on any platform?: Never have, and never will!

Do you have any past moderation experience?: No I do not, but I hope I can get some!

Do you meet the requirements for staff?: I do meet the requirements! I have over 100 messages to my name, and have had this Skyblock.net account for many months. I got 2FA on my Skyblock.net, Discord, and Google accounts (No hacker's gettin' in anything lol), and a Discord I've had since 2018.

Why do you think you should become a staff member?: I'm...

Friendly!●
    I like being nice, and can very rarely get annoyed by the occasional griefer/troll. I show support and no hard feelings towards newbies who ask the same questions over and over, and help them get the answers they need no matter how long it'll take!

Trustworthy!●
    I'm very trustworthy, I've helped multiple people with building projects (even while they were offline!), and have always tried my best to return items I pick up around the public warps you can die in! About a week ago, player Golden_Donut was having problems with a griefer messing with their Lava/Water sources. I was able to help them fix their island and get rid of the griefer due to the /trust they had given me a couple days ago (when I had helped them make a Cobblestone Generator)! A Mod (I think it was Geo/Frez) was watching, but without trust they weren't able to get rid of the Lava/Water towers the griefer made. But luckily I was on and able to help save Golden_Donut!

Determined!
    I've always been determined to my tasks/work. I'll help someone fix their problems no matter how long it takes! I think very critically and logically, so even if someone I feel is close might have done something wrong, I will try my best to get both sides of the story on both problems to help them reach a compromise, and don't give special treatment to anyone, no matter their rank/island level/or my history with them!

Passionate!
    I love making friends around this server and Discord! It's fun to have friends from so many places around the World and cultures. No matter where you're from, I'd love to be your friend and hope to have some nice conversation/talks about whatever, whenever! I'm also pretty Honest, I would never lie to yall! Lying is a pretty horrible way to get someone's trust, or even /trust. These people I have way less tolerance for (I don't like having 'no tolerance', I like giving people at least a couple chances), but I'll still treat them nicely and help out whenever I can. But if they continue to be a pain, or lie to get their way, I report them.

Approachable!
    I enjoy being approachable, especially to new players! Everyone should feel comfortable coming to me for help, advice, or anything else possible! While I acknowledge I can be a little naïve at times (see the incident with Lucifer_Evil and IAmGetty) and a little bit argumentative (usually when I'm having a bad day), I try my best to stay professional and nice to everyone, but am also trying to work on those so I can be approachable, no matter my mood!

So with that, I think my application must come to an end. I super thank yall for reading, and am fully ready to accept and work on you're criticisms (but keep them constructive please!)! Even if I get rejected, I'll still try my best to help everyone out and make yall laugh/happy (especially after a bad day)! Thank you so very much!

Reopened
    As you probably noticed, the application is reopened. I read all yall's comments last time, and heard them loud and clear. Since then, I worked hard to address the problems and really familiarize myself with this server, and become more active. I really feel like i've gotten to know this Server better, even having branched out to Economy and helping those guys out when possible (and I made a bunch of new friends!)! I feel like i've become super ready for this position, but what do you guys think? Please let us know in the Comments, it's always open!
    -GLaDDeX1234

• Neutral Neutral x 12
    • No Support No Support x 7
    • Support Support x 2
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
  2. Pillow

Pillow blanky Premium

IGN:
    Pilberry
    I'm going to be neutral for now, I don't see you ingame at all (I admit I'm not active either but when I am on I don't really see you on) and I don't seem to see you helping on discord too much, good luck though!

3. PCcoolguy100

PCcoolguy100 Senior Member

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    Neutral.

Help out more in chat, I rarely see you help out. Adding onto this, I rarely see you in the In-Game chat at all. This could be because of timezones, so I'll be more lenient for now.

Good luck.

4. eunice

eunice epiphany Premium

I will start off with neutral for now :))

I see you quite a bit in-game (not lately though cause I haven't really been on during the times you're on) and I know that you love engaging yourself with the community. You're really active in chat and I can definitely see that you have a really passionate and positive outlook- which is a great trait thing to have.

The only thing really stopping me from fully supporting you is that I feel like you could still improve a bit on familiarising yourself with the server. Which I in doubt believe that you will be able to in the coming while as you continue to have your application opened. I would also like to see you a bit more on discord, and helping players in the help channel too. I know that you have been working on forums activity and have been quite active for a while now. Oh yeah and also don't forget about /economy !! It would be nice to see you hop over to eco from time to time

I'll be on the look out for you, goodluck gladdex ^-^

5. boba

boba modern manifesto Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Hey there! It’s great to see you apply for Skyblock! I will be going to be a no support for now.

Activity:

Throughout my time on both servers, I really haven’t seen you helping out. Taking a look at your last economy activity using /seen, I can see you’ve last been active 5 days ago. Survival isn’t really the only place that needs moderation so it’s important you balance your activity. I also do not see you frequently on the discord. You’re not very active there and you should be a bit more active in help channels to show that you have an understanding of the server, it’s rules and we can see how you approach players.

Helping:

As I’ve said, I don’t really see you helping out. Do you by chance have a certain nick on /skyblock? I can maybe look out to see if you’re active. I’d also encourage you to boost your discord and economy activity so we can see you help out there too.

Please do not take my feedback as to discourage you! I hope you can improve you activity so we can all see how you approach players and your understanding of the server.

Best of luck!

6. Mini

Mini gronola bar Premium

IGN:
    minified
    I will be going with no support for now, but am definitely willing to change my stance.

I agree with all the things Boba said, I see you active in the discord but I very rarely if ever see you in-game or on forums. I'm pretty active and we live in similar timezones, so I don't feel like I'd be missing you. Then again there is the possibility that you are active on the server, just not in chat. Being active in the chat is a huge part of being part of the staff team so I'd love to see you reach out more. As for which server you play on most, I haven't really seen you on either so I can't recommend which server you should spend a bit more time on. Just try your best to equal out your time on /economy and /skyblock (and don't forget classic too).

Overall, try to work on your activity in chat as well as the forums and the help section of the discord! Best of luck!

7. Splat1221

Splat1221 Active Member

IGN:
    SplatBerry
    Very nice application, although I recommend you be active on all platforms first :)

8. Pancake

Pancake syrup x Moderator Premium

IGN:
    GangstaPancake
    Sadly, i'm going to have to no support for now but i'll 100% re-consider that when i see some change!

This sums it up for me top to bottom! As a staff member, whether you like both /economy and /skyblock or not, you still need to be consistently active on both platforms and have a wide variety of knowledge so that you are able to help when required. In terms of helping, I think that you have a lot to work on, I rarely see you on in-game, may be due to timezones, but when I do, I rarely see you helping in chat.

You are fairly active on discord but I rarely if not ever see you helping in the help channels, I think this is something you should work on as it is a big part of helping the server as a staff member and community member! In regards to the forums, most of your posts are leisure posts such as suggestions or discussion posts, whilst I don't see you helping in the help/support sections!

Like I said, Calidre's post basically wraps it up for me but once I notice that you are working on these points, I'll be back to reconsider my rating! Good luck!

9. so2315

so2315 Well-Known Member

IGN:
    so2315
    Neutral for me.

I know you play a lot more survival than economy but I have seen an emergence of activity on the economy side these past couple nights I have been on and have seen you decently active/friendly in chat. I'm sure your activity and friendliness is more discern on the survival side (I'm not sure I'm on eco 99% of the time), but, I'm glad to see you on the economy server being active!

I'll be leaning to support if I can see a more consistent model of activity and helpfulness on Eco!

Beat of luck :)

10. bubloe

bubloe Experienced Member

IGN:
    bubloe
    Glad! I'm glad to see you apply :)

I see you on /skyblock a lot and you are always helping players out and being very friendly. I have also seen you helping out in the #help channels on discord lately. I would just say to try coming onto /economy a bit more!

Leaning towards support, neutral for now, good luck!!:cat:

11. boba

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Application withdrawn at the applicant's request.
    If you would like to reopen your thread, please report this post within the next 90 days, otherwise you will have to create a new application if you wish to be considered!
    This thread has been moved to Withdrawn/Inactive Applications.

12. boba

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Application re-opened upon the request of the applicant!

13. PCcoolguy100

PCcoolguy100 Senior Member

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100

Back down to Neutral.

If you're going to apply, you must at least acknowledge your application exists

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
  14. boba

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Application withdrawn at the applicant's request.
    If you would like to reopen your thread, please report this post within the next 90 days, otherwise you will have to create a new application if you wish to be considered!
    This thread has been moved to Withdrawn/Inactive Applications.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.