Accepted [Gamzee24] Staff disrespect and other things [Michael] [Accepted]

Discussion in 'Appeals Archive' started by Gamzee244800, Apr 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gamzee244800

Gamzee244800 Member

1. Server/platform (Classic / Skyblock / Forums / Discord ): FoRumS
    2. In-game name: Gamzee24
    3. Full exact Ban Message: Don't remember, it was a while ago. The message probably says the normal thing when you get banned on forums.
    4. Did you read the rules ? Yes ofc.
    5. Why do YOU think you were banned? Staff disrespect mainly for that ban, and also for every other offense I did then.
    6. Was this an incorrect ban? No ofc not.
    7. Were you ever banned before on SkyBlock? If so, what for? Yes bunch of other things.
    8. Why do you think you should be unbanned? Because I have most surely learned my lesson and I feel like I have changed majorly from the time I was banned. I also sent an apology paragraph to both Michael AND Laini about how I acted and Michael kindly accepted the apology and he kindly let me have another chance. Laini, I don't remember if she even responded. But, nonetheless, I feel like I deserve more chances for the amount of time I've been away. I have for sure changed as a person and ready to deliver some toxic-free behavior. Michael, I hope I have earned this extra chance.
    Thanks for reading and I hope Michael or anyone else can get to this when they can.

2. Gamzee244800

Gamzee244800 Member

3. Michael

Michael Active Member

IGN:
    michael1234
    Hello Gamzee, thank you for taking the time to create an appeal. I apologize for the late response.

After some discussion with the team, we believe that there is not any immediate danger in giving you another chance, under the assumption that you are to be on your best behavior; however, we would still like to discuss your ban before formally accepting this appeal.

As stated in your appeal, you were banned for repeated disrespectful behavior, harassment, rate abuse, and multiple other smaller infractions, ultimately leading up to a permanent removal from this community, as I felt you should not be allowed to interact with the members here, for the time being. The response to your original ban appeal was one of the longest single replies that I have ever written here, if I am not mistaken, totaling over 1,500 words (1,738 to be exact), as well as multiple screenshots spread throughout the response. Under any realistic circumstances, I would never expect to be able to write that much about the infractions concerning a single player.

For these reasons, I hope you will forgive me for still being skeptical, as you have had a countless number of chances, with 29 infractions on the forums alone. In order for this to result in a successful appeal, I would like you to provide a convincing argument as to why you should be unbanned, and also show your changed behavior through interactions in-game, and on Discord, if you choose to interact on that platform. If there are any valid reports of you being rude, dishonest, disrespectful, or harassing others, this appeal will be immediately denied.

I do appreciate the fact that you sent both myself and Laini an apology, multiple months before even creating an appeal, and also tried to discuss your ban with me shortly after the apology was written, asking what you would need to improve in order to be let back. That will definitely help your case. Before continuing with the appeal, I would like you to answer the following questions, as truthfully as possible:

• How were your actions inappropriate?
    • Why was a permanent ban appropriate, given your situation?
    • Do you fully understand the reasons for the decision? If not, please feel free to ask any questions you may have.
    • How have you demonstrated a changed behavior?
    • Have you read through the rules, and do you fully understand them? Please feel free to ask any clarifying questions you may have.
    • Do you have any other unrelated questions, that have not been addressed in the previous questions?

I would also like for you to rewrite the rules, in your own words, and also explain why each one is necessary in order to keep this community a safe and friendly place, for users of all ages to interact.

Once this has been completed, I would like to make myself very clear that this does not guarantee a successful appeal; however, it is a large step in the right direction, and your response will definitely play a large part in determining the outcome. I would also like to make it clear that any infractions, especially ones received shortly after being unbanned, will receive much harsher punishments than normal, as an accepted appeal will indicate that you fully understand the rules, and are aware of your actions. It may lead up to a permanent ban if this behavior seems to be continuing, and I can guarantee that it will be much harder to come back from a second permanent ban.

I truly do appreciate you creating a respectful appeal, in an attempt to prove how you have changed as a person, and show us that you are no longer a threat to the community. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, and we will answer them to the best of our ability.

4. Gamzee244800

Gamzee244800 Member

5. Gamzee244800

Gamzee244800 Member

For some reason, it wouldn’t let me type and send all of this text (I was using my phone so maybe that’s why) so I had to screenshot the text on my iPad, sent it to my phone, screenshotted it there, and sent it from my phone like how you see ^ Michael

6. Michael

Michael Active Member

IGN:
    michael1234
    Thank you for your response.

For the time being, I will remove the ban on your main forums account; however, I would like to make it very clear that any future infractions will be met with much harsher punishments, due to your previous history, and the fact that you have rewritten the rules in your own words, indicating that you are fully aware of what is and is not allowed on our server. Any significant offenses involving insults, harassment, disrespect, or offensive comments will result in an immediate reinstatement of your permanent ban, with very little chance of appeal in the future.

To avoid any misunderstandings, I would also like to clarify that your rating permissions were removed shortly before your permanent ban, and will not be immediately given back to you; however, if you are able to prove your changed behavior through positive interactions both in-game and on our forums, you may eventually get them back.

In order to help you avoid potential arguments in the future, and to ensure that there is no need to infract you for making offensive comments, please remember that there is nothing wrong with simply walking away from a situation. If you feel that you are being personally attacked, please leave the situation by either logging off, or ignoring the player, and create a report. While I understand it may be frustrating to feel like others are being rude to you, and I understand that it is natural to want to defend yourself, it is also important to recognize when doing so will only lead to further conflict. You are more than welcome to come to any member of the staff team, if you feel that you are being attacked, and we will make it clear to the player that this behavior is not allowed.

I would like to thank you for your patience and willingness to work through this situation in a respectful manner. I will leave this appeal open for you to ask any further questions you would like answered, or to leave comments you feel are necessary to add. If you have no further questions, please let me know, and I will archive this appeal.

Welcome back to the forums, Gamzee.

7. Gamzee244800

Gamzee244800 Member

No further questions. you may lock the appeal. Thanks for unbanning me.

8. Michael

Michael Active Member

IGN:
    michael1234
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.