Denied [Gamzee24] Harassment/Rate Abuse/Rude Comments/Disrespect [Michael] [Denied]

Discussion in 'Appeals Archive' started by Gamzee244800, Oct 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gamzee244800

Gamzee244800 Member

1. Server name (.net / .org ): Forums
    2. In-game name: Gamzee24
    3. Full exact Ban Message: Rules Violations
    4. Did you read the rules? Yes
    5. Why do YOU think you were banned? I honestly do not know as the ban messages for the Forums are very vague, but if I had to guess, then it was probably for being falsely accused of "harassing" a staff member, Laini, because I was mad about my ratings being removed. Also, I was probably banned for saying I was gonna quit the server for a year and I guess that means a free ban so whatever. And my ban was supposed to be a month but then it changed to a perm ban? Like okay?
    6. Was this an incorrect ban? Yes, because I was falsely accused of harassing Laini, when I wasn't (assuming that that's the reason for my ban).
    7. Were you ever banned before on SkyBlock? If so, what for? Yes, many things.
    8. Why do you think you should be unbanned? I wasn't rude to Laini and I did not make any threats at all according to what she said. She says that I made threats on leaving the server if I didn't get my perms back but I did not. She mistook my words and just changed them just so she could have a reason to deny my last appeal, which was an appeal to get back but ratings but she denied it right away just so I couldn't defend myself and say that she was lying about what I said.
    Kerahna fungamer333 Can either of you please deal with this? Cause I know that the Skyblock staff team don't initiate perm bans unless you HAVE to and I don't think I've reached up to Stel's or Queen's level on ban counts. I also know that once Laini sees this appeal, she'll just deny it without letting me defend myself.

2. Gamzee244800

Gamzee244800 Member

3. laini

laini Ma'am Premium

IGN:
    Prxcto
    First of all, you can stop attacking me in this appeal, because I’m not the one that permed you.
    Michael, this is yours.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by staff members**

4. Gamzee244800

Gamzee244800 Member

Well I'm sorry. The ban messages are very vague.

5. Gamzee244800

Gamzee244800 Member

6. Michael

Michael Active Member

IGN:
    michael1234
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by staff members**
    Hello Gamzee, thank you for taking the time to create an appeal.

I apologize for the late reply; I got home later than normal from school, and this took quite a while to write.

I have thought about this for quite some time, and will get straight to the point: Your ban appeal has been denied. You are no longer welcome on this server's forums, and will have to show serious improvement if you want to be considered for another chance some time in the future. Please continue reading if you would like to read through the explanation of my decision.

I apologize for the rather extensive response, and sincerely hope that you will be able to take something out of this, and possibly use this information to help you improve your behavior.

I will give a basic overview of each section of this appeal. I would normally not reply with such a long response; however, I believe that you deserve a full explanation of your punishment, as it is not a temporary ban. I would greatly appreciate it if you take the time to read through this response in its entirety, and are able to take something out of this.

Outline
    • Current Situation
    • Forum Infractions
      • Situation
      • Punishments
      • Explanation
    • Decision/Reasoning
    Summarization

Your last ban was for three days for attempting to start an argument with me, for absolutely no reason. I gave you three days, hoping that you would learn from your actions, but it seems that you did not pay attention to this warning. I explicitly told you that it was your last chance. You have obviously disregarded this warning, and assumed that just because you have not reached the same amount of warnings as another player, nothing could happen to you. That is both a very misinformed decision as well as immature way to handle yourself. You should not assume that the actions of others have any direct effect on your punishments; you shall be infracted according to your actions. At this moment, after talking over the situation with Laini, we both feel that it is appropriate to permanently remove you from the forums for the time being.

You stated in your appeal that the ban was supposed to be a month, and you feel that it was unfair to permanently ban you. Yes, Laini did originally ban you for a month; however, at the time, she was not aware that I had already told you that you had one more chance to behave. She simply did what she thought was appropriate at the time, as permanent bans are generally not given out without any sort of prior warning. I discussed the situation with her, and we both agree that a permanent ban is a suitable punishment, given the severity of your actions and your unwillingness to change.

Current Situation

Right here, you state that you feel that ban was unfair, seeing as you have not reached the same amount of warnings as Stel or Queen. This is a completely invalid excuse for your actions, as the actions of Stel and Queen have absolutely nothing to do with what you were punished for. You are not Stel; your punishments are not going to be related to her in any way. You are not Queen; your punishments are not going to be related to Queen's actions. You are your own person; you will be punished accordingly, based on your actions. Others have nothing to do with this.

I would also like to bring attention to the fact that you are trying to claim that Laini is going to deny the appeal instantly, without letting you defend yourself. That is a complete misinterpretation of the appeal process. The original post in the appeal is your chance to defend yourself; it is your chance to say what you believe needs to be said, for the staff team to consider. I am absolutely sure that any member of the team, Laini included, would be perfectly willing to have a respectful conversation with you about your ban, under the condition that you are willing to converse with her in a civil manner, without insulting her, or anyone else for that matter, as well as admit to your mistakes.

Forum Infractions

Again, here, you refuse to admit to your actions. Instead of owning up to your actions, and asking for genuine forgiveness, you are refusing to acknowledge any wrongdoing on your behalf, which leads me to believe that you are not truly sorry for your actions. I will paste the screenshots below, and I would like you to take a second look at the evidence. You are very clearly harassing Laini, as well as the staff team as a whole, for the decision to remove your rating permissions, after clearly abusing your privileges. I would like you too keep in mind, these are privileges, not rights; they can be taken away at any time if the staff feel that you are not correctly using your privileges. That being said, they can also be reinstated, however that would require a genuine apology as well as coming clean with your actions, before even being considered.

[​IMG]

In these comments, you are clearly targeting Laini, for refusing to accept your appeal that was posted almost immediately after losing your rating permissions. You are personally attacking her, essentially accusing her of abusing her permissions, refusing to listen to your story, and personally criticizing her and basically saying that you don't want to come back until she is gone. If this is not harassment, I am not sure what is.

[​IMG]

You also clearly were targeting her in this comment, where you repeatedly said you did not care about getting banned, called her cocky, and accused her of thinking that she is better than everyone specifically because she has earned the permission to moderate this server.

As far as I can tell, from these comments, you have no intention of actually changing, and stay here solely to cause arguments with people that you dislike.

You have had many chances to change your behavior, and I can currently see no effort on your behalf to significantly change your behavior. You simply wait out your bans, only to come back as the exact same person without any obvious effort to change. Seeing as you clearly did not learn from your previous twenty seven infractions, just on the forums alone, excluding your current ban from both the forums and rating privileges, I would say that a permanent ban is perfectly justified and the only course of action left to take.

Just for personal reflection, I would like to call attention to the sheer amount of infractions that you have had, on the forums for breaking the rules. It legitimately took me about ten minutes to go through and count all of them. You have been infracted nine times for rate abuse, once for inappropriate content, twice for post farming, and fifteen times for disrespect, harassment, or abuse. You assume that you are able to get away with anything, and bans have just become a minor inconvenience for you; you aren't actually changing.

Decision

As I have stated near the beginning of this appeal, your appeal has been denied. You did not seem to have taken your warnings seriously, and just came back to continue harassing users, disrespecting players, and to abuse rating permissions. If you would like to have any chance whatsoever to come back to the forums, you will have to genuinely apologize for your actions, explain why what you did was wrong, and somehow prove without a doubt that you have changed. I am not going to sugarcoat it; this will be very difficult, and I am done being lenient. In the ideal scenario, I would like to see at least a month or two of personal reflection before appealing again, as well as proof that your behavior is actually changing. You will need to regularly interact with players on other platforms, such as Discord, or in-game, and show that you have fundamentally changed the way you interact with the community.

You have had way too many chances and have lost the privilege of interacting with this community on the forums, as a result of your actions. You did not take your warnings seriously, and are now suffering the consequences. As much as I hate being so strict about this, there really is no other option. You have repeatedly shown you cannot be trusted if you are only temporarily removed.

I sincerely hope that you have a wonderful life outside of Skyblock, and are able to reflect on your behavior and understand this decision.

I wish you luck with the rest of your life.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  7. Michael

Michael Active Member

IGN:
    michael1234
    Hidden Content:

Your ban appeal has been denied.
    Thread locked and moved to Ban Appeal Archives.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.