Free Choice in Saplings?

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions Archive' started by Childelite, Dec 22, 2018.

?

Should we be able to choose our own Saplings?

Poll closed Jan 5, 2019.
  1. Yes!

16.7%
  2. No!

83.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Childelite

Childelite Member

Today, I thought of something that I don't think has been brought up, How we can only get the Oak sapling from /kit sapling. Which made me consider putting this suggestion, would we be able to choose our own Saplings incase we prefer a different wood, tree or Leaf! I'm a Birch/Dark Oak person myself and I'm fine with whatever Wood anyone chooses because, It's just a game. (Leave a Vote if wanted!) Bye for now!

• No Support No Support x 6
  2. Oakk

Oakk Experienced Member

IGN:
    OakiiDoakie
    No support since skyblock needs to be challenging so we can’t add to much stuff that is to good like this, I think it’a fun to trade with others to receive all you want for this example all saplings. Btw the /kit sapling is for people that lose there sapling on the first tree (it’s a oak tree). It would be nice to have all saplings easy but it would make the game a lot easier.

3. Krissy

Krissy hyyh Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

Yeah, kit sapling is only really for replacing your oak tree in case your tree doesn't drop saplings. Saplings are a magical thing because you can get several per tree. So if you invest in saplings once from shop, you are set.

4. Blyx

Blyx Senior Member

IGN:
    Blyx_
    It’s a nice suggestion, however one of the key points of skyblock and wood farming is having to buy the more expensive saplings to get away from oak.
    Like Krissy has said here, you only really need one. Some of the trees, like spruce and jungle, can be grown tall which maximise the amount of saplings you’re likely to get when you’ve reached the 4 needed to plant a big tree.

Another thing to note, is that sale of the rarer saplings in /ah can help further the economy as there is demand for it at a lower price than $250(in-game currency).

5. 52Phenomenon

52Phenomenon Super Moderator Super Moderator Events Manager

IGN:
    52Phenomenon
    No support, /kit sapling is really just to prevent people from starting and getting no saplings.

6. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    No support. I don't see the need for kit sapling to have any other kind of saplings as it is meant to recover oak saplings that the new player never got from the tree or lost it.

7. Monster_Sparklez

Monster_Sparklez Yee yee Bubba Premium Premium

IGN:
    Monster_Sparkles
    As much as I think it would be cool for us to get 2 of each sapling it’s main purpose is if your don’t get a sapling from your first tree

8. lowfps10

lowfps10 Active Member

IGN:
    lowfps10
    The only point of /kit sapling is to get saplings in case you tree doesn't give you any.

Because it was never intended to supply you with more saplings, no support

9. Childelite

Childelite Member

I mean you have to choose what type of sapling, but only 2 of that kind making Jungle and Dark Oak obsolete unless someone really wants it.

10. FatalDisaster

FatalDisaster Hollywood's Bleeding

IGN:
    FatalDisaster
    No support. It really is not expensive at all to purchase different saplings.

11. Leeeroieee

Leeeroieee Well-Known Member Premium

IGN:
    Leeeroieee
    Thank you so much for taking the time to make a suggestion!

Unfortunately, your suggestion has been declined. As stated by others in this thread, the purpose of /kit sapling is to help players who do not receive any saplings from their starter oak tree. While it is possible to obtain other types of trees in the game, it's meant to be a challenge and not automatic.

This thread has been moved to the Suggestions Archive. If you are dissatisfied with this action, please report this post, and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it.

Kind regards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.