Denied Fran's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by fran, Apr 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fran

fran pensive Premium

IGN:
    franfiction
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hello, my name is Fran and I am from Argentina. I am 14 years old. I might look too young to be a moderator, but I assure you that I am very mature and suitable for this position. Although I have been playing since 2014, this is my first staff application. I put a lot of effort and time into writing this, so I’d appreciate if you gave me some feedback on it, so I can improve.​

[​IMG]

“Frxn_” is both my nick and in-game name. My previous in-game names include: Franobrine, Frannn17, subtoHurtful, among others.​

[​IMG]

GMT/UTC -3 Hours — ART (Argentina Time)
    Click here for a list of places sharing my Time Zone.

[​IMG]

[redacted]

[​IMG]

My first language is Spanish, so I am extremely fluent at it. I am also excellent at English. I can understand portuguese, and speak a bit of French and Italian. Although it is not useful for this kind of game, it is worth mentioning that I know Spanish Sign Language.

[​IMG]

Yes, I do. For both my Google Mail and my Forums Account.

[​IMG]

Yes. For screenshots, I have Gyazo, Imgur and the minecraft screenshot keybind set to “F2”. I can also capture GIFs with Gyazo GIF. I also have Action and Bandicam for recording.

[​IMG]

ACTIVE

I am one of the most active players on this server. Even if I have homework or other things to do, I manage to play for at least 3 or 4 hours a day. [I will develop how active I am everyday in another section of this application]

DEDICATED

I am extremely devoted to Skyblock.net. It is a very important part of my life, and I give a lot of time and energy to it. I have been playing here for 4 years, and never got tired of it. This server deserves good moderators (Do not get me wrong, all moderators are good) and active staff members. I strongly believe I would be a good addition to the staff team.

EXPERIENCED

Despite the fact that I have never been a real moderator on this server, I have a lot of experience moderating servers. I have spent 4 years of my life playing here. I’ve met different mods, players, spawns, warps, everything.

FAST TYPER

Being a fast typist gives me many advantages. I can reply and solve problems faster, and mute/kick/ban a player very fast, so the server doesn’t get a lot of spam, or other offenses.

FAIR

I am very fair and objective. I am not influenced by personal feelings or opinions in considering and representing facts. I am very sensible, and when it comes to moderating, I will forget the fact that someone is my friend, and will only focus on the facts.

FRIENDLY

Even though this is not an essential quality for being a moderator, by being friendly I can make players feel comfortable and relax, and enjoy more their experience in Skyblock. I am also very funny, but serious when I have to.

HARD WORKER

As a hard-working person, I never give up. I always feel motivated to achieve something, I don’t believe anything is impossible and I can achieve great things. I will never give up helping people and solving their problems.

HELPFUL

In my four years of playing Skyblock, I have never stopped being helpful towards our fellow Skyblockers. This will never change. I am constantly helping people in chat, via private messages mostly.

HONEST

Being honest is extremely important, especially so players know they can rely on you. I am a honest person, and, as a moderator, I would not let anyone down.

MATURE

Many people think I’m a lot older than I truly am. This is because, despite my age, am I a very mature person. Of course, apart from being mature, I can also be funny, make some jokes with people. Being mature doesn’t mean being serious all the time. I don’t think maturity comes with age.

MULTITASKER

I am able to do multiple things at a time, perfectly. This would be very useful as to help many players at the same time.

PATIENT

Problems are not solved in one minute, they can take a lot of time. Being patient and calm makes me able to take my time to solve a problem the best way possible. This is useful for both the moderator and the player. I can listen to anyone’s problems and wouldn’t be bothered by it, it would be a pleasure.

QUICK LEARNER

I, as a human, make mistakes. However, whenever I make one, I learn fast from it, in order to become a better person. As a Staff Member, with my previous experience, it would take me a small amount of time to become the best helper I could ever be.

TRANSLATOR

This is very important. I don’t believe there are any moderators that speak Spanish as their first language. I would be very useful, as we have many players who speak Spanish, and I am able to translate what they are saying and help them.

TRUSTWORTHY

As I have mentioned before, I am a very reliable person. I will never steal, lie or refuse to help someone. I have helped many people, and plan to help a lot more. I would never abuse my powers.

[​IMG]
    WEEK DAYS:
    • Monday: 18:00 — 00:00​
    • Tuesday: 17:30 — 00:00​
    • Wednesday: 17:30 — 00:00​
    • Thursday: 18:00 — 00:00​
    • Friday: 17:30 — [No Time Limit]​
    WEEKENDS:
    • Saturday: Depends on the homework, extra activities. Usually 7-10 hours.​
    • Sunday: Depends on the homework, extra activities. Usually 7-10 hours.​
    HOLIDAYS:
    • No Timetable set. Depends on whether I go somewhere or not. If I don't, then usually 7-10 hours.​

[​IMG]

I first joined this server in early 2014, so for around four years, although I was inactive in 2015.

[​IMG]

Sadly, I’ve been banned twice on the old server. First in 2014, for griefing. At that time I was between 9 and 10 years old, and did not quite know what was wrong or right. I have grown up and learned that griefing a player is unacceptable. Instead, we should focus on helping other players. Finally, I was banned this year (on the old server) by Laini . Although I am sure it was a wrong ban, as my account was hacked into (it is now safe), there is no way to fully prove it.

[​IMG]

Yes, I do. I started as a staff member in a very well-known server. I went from Helper to Moderator, from Moderator to Head-Mod, to Admin, to Head-Admin. We used to have 50-150 players daily. Sadly, the application on which the server was promoted died, along with the server.

I was also staff on another server. I started off as a Builder, and ended up Moderating the server. It was a big building server, along with a survival world and a private staff world. We used to have 25-100 players daily. Server still exists, but it's mostly empty.now.

There was another server. I was a friendly player who got Helper, then Mod and then got Co-Owner. As the Owner was almost never on, the other Co-Owner and I managed the server. Unfortunately, the Owner, who was an immature kid, stopped paying for the server without telling any of us.

In addition, I have been a mini-mod in this server for a long time.

[​IMG]

Yes, I certainly do.​
    50 Post Count: Yes.
    Two Factor Authentication: Yes.
    2 Weeks registered on the Skyblock forums: Yes, for about 2 years.
    Skype, Teamspeak 3, or Discord for offline communication: Yes! I rarely use Skype or Teamspeak, though.

You have reached the end of my application. Thank you for reading it!​

SUPPORT: 15

NEUTRAL: 3

NO SUPPORT: 3

• Support Support x 13
    • Neutral Neutral x 4
    • No Support No Support x 3
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
  2. Xethorias

Xethorias Senior Member

IGN:
    Xethorias
    I'm pretty I've seen you in-game and you seemed nice. I'm going to go Neutral and wait for some others to reply.
    I'll update my status later.
    Good luck.

3. fran

fran pensive Premium

IGN:
    franfiction
    Thank you!

Thanks, Lycel

Can I get any reasons why, mijiperki ?

4. Michael

Michael Active Member

IGN:
    michael1234
    Support. I see you online all the time, and you have always been very friendly towards me. You help in chat quite a bit, and you have been consistently playing on this server for a very long time.

5. Agent

Agent not really an agent Premium

IGN:
    Agentyy
    I’m failing at containing my excitement about you apply.

Support my fran. I haven’t got much else to say, but unleash my support.

EEEKK YOU APPLIED THANK GOD OMG

6. Beeio

Beeio Active Member

IGN:
    Yubzi
    Support for sure! Very active and caring player although being AFK quite a bit which may need to be tweaked up a little bit, but otherwise great application and good luck Fan! Again, F u l l Support (Edit) at the end of the application it says "you have reached the of my application" was it meant to say the end?

7. fran

fran pensive Premium

IGN:
    franfiction
    Thanks! It means a lot to me! Yes, I have been quite AFK this weekend. It is because of 3 main reasons
    1) I have a lot of Homework to do
    2) It took me a lot of time to write this application
    3) I am watching Infinity War tomorrow, and I had to catch up with the movies I hadn't watched.

8. Xethorias

Xethorias Senior Member

IGN:
    Xethorias
    Alright after viewing other feedback I will be supporting you.
    Good luck!

9. fran

fran pensive Premium

IGN:
    franfiction
    Thank you so much! I look forward to seeing you in the server!

10. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn

SUPPORT!

[​IMG]

11. laini

laini Ma'am Premium

IGN:
    Prxcto
    YOU SAID YOU WOULD TELL ME WHEN YOU POSTED THIS SO I COULD BE THE FIRST COMMENT I HATE YOU

ALSO YOU GOT ALL MY SUPPORT OMG

12. Eleanora

Eleanora Experienced Member

I don't think you are mature since you were ready to engage in an argument with me when I simply disagreed with you on a point and this is not how a moderator should react to opinions and critcism. For now No Support but I think these are things you could reflect on and try to change and I might change my No Support to a Support :--)

13. fran

fran pensive Premium

IGN:
    franfiction
    Thank you so much!
    Also, Laini, you were offline both in game and forums, and it was 12 AM for you so I didn't want to bother xoxo

I will not say that this is not true because it really happened. I truly regret this moment. I just didn't like the fact that some players were saying that a few staff members were not suitable for their position due to their age. Again, I regret this and it will not happen again.
    Thank you so much for your feedback, I will make sure that I keep this in mind to improve!

14. fran

fran pensive Premium

IGN:
    franfiction
    Evux and abdul ,
    Thanks for taking your time to read my application and rate it. Can I get any feedback from you so I can reflect on it?

15. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    SupROt. I would of gone with neutral but be grateful that timezones exist lol

16. Beeio

Beeio Active Member

IGN:
    Yubzi
    Bahahah makes sense

17. vCommand

vCommand Active Member

Support fran. super friendly and a great friend

18. CloudCorp

CloudCorp Active Member

IGN:
    CloudCorp
    Support seen you quite a few times helping ect... I see you as [Franisafk] alot however whilst using that nick u seem to be extremely active. Good luck...

19. Devannn_

Devannn_ Beyoncé Moderator

IGN:
    Devannn_
    Ayyy! You're applying!
    You've got my Full Support, Fran!
    I don't need to explain myself, I'm pretty sure you know why.
    :)
    Good Luck!

20. fran

fran pensive Premium

IGN:
    franfiction
    Thank you all so much!
    CloudCorp , I used to use (not anymore) the nick "FrAFKn" whenever I was AFK, but I always kept checking the computer to see if anyone needed anything, hehe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.