Forum collectibles

Discussion in 'Forums Suggestions' started by DegenerateGnome, Dec 26, 2018.

1. DegenerateGnome

DegenerateGnome Active Member

IGN:
    DegenerateGnome
    Ok, so hear me out. Collectibles. You get points per post, then with said points you can get collectibles on the forums, they would be displayed under your information in the sidebar whenever you make a post and on your profile, you could gather as many of 1 collectible as you like or make then displayed to have some nice little custom profile decor. The collectibles themselves could be styled like minecraft items but not limited to minecraft items (for example have a pancake in reference to noobcrews island as a collectible) Or even use items from minecraft mods as collectibles :>

Thoughts, Opinions?

(as an example of pancakes I attached pancakes from pams harvestcraft to this)

this would also inspire people to create custom collectibles for special events maybe? Then people could vote on the best ones and they would become official. Makes the forums worth visiting more.

Attached Files:

• Neutral Neutral x 4
    • Support Support x 3
    • No Support No Support x 2
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2019
  2. lowfps10

lowfps10 Active Member

IGN:
    lowfps10
    Neutral. It wouldn't hurt to add these, but I don't feel like they're necessary. We already have trophy points, why do we need these? I personally find just trophy points enough

3. BennyDonut

BennyDonut Active Member Premium

IGN:
    BennyDonut
    Support

I don't mind a cute little icon decor on my profile and I could see some benefits to this on forum.

4. milcerine

milcerine Well-Known Member

This would be cute! I'm a big fan of things like this. Like BillOP said it isn't necessary but I think it would be a fun addition.
    Support!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. 52Phenomenon

52Phenomenon Super Moderator Super Moderator Events Manager

IGN:
    52Phenomenon
    I’m neutral, these are a nice little idea but we have forums trophies already so I don’t think we need these as well.

6. Devannn_

Devannn_ Beyoncé Moderator

IGN:
    Devannn_
    Neutral.
    We already have Forums Trophy Points.

7. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    Neutral,

We have Forums Trophy Points that tells us what member are we, having collectibles would be great.

8. iballisticbunny6

iballisticbunny6 Senior Member

IGN:
    SkyDwag
    Neutral leaning to support.

As has been stated above, we have forum trophy points, but sometimes getting those can be real difficult in the long run, so these would help spice up profiles and add some color.

9. DegenerateGnome

DegenerateGnome Active Member

IGN:
    DegenerateGnome
    One thing I forgot to mention is the collectibles being tradeable on the forums :>
    Making event collectibles much more fancy if you have more than 1

10. Manubidoo

Manubidoo Well-Known Member

IGN:
    1byte
    Meh, it's a no support from me. We already have trophy points, this would just be a needless addition. There is no "collectibles" XenForo plugin made currently, so the dev team would have to make one themselves, which adds on to the massive amount of work they do already for the server. Also, I feel as if this would encourage post farming or people making pointless posts for the sake of obtaining points.

11. Lz

Lz Well-Known Member

Quality over quantity

• Agree Agree x 1