Skyblock /fly

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions' started by abb, Oct 19, 2019.

?

Is this idea good or bad?

1. Good

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Bad

8 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. abb

abb Active Member

IGN:
    justabb
    Hey yall! I was thinking maybe when players vote they could get a few minutes of fly for every vote. I don't really really agree with this but still think this idea is nice. It would be nice if after they vote, they'll do /fly to fly and /fly to disable fly. When players disable their /fly, the countdown / timer for /fly will stop. This is also a bit helpful for players with no ranks ( for me its a bit helpful but not sure for others ) Yeah this is the end, thx for reading and have a nice day!

• No Support No Support x 12
    • Neutral Neutral x 1
  2. PCcoolguy100

PCcoolguy100 Senior Member

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    if players who vote get fly, what's the purpose in spending $50 on a rank

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. abb

abb Active Member

IGN:
    justabb
    well... its just for a while each day but just thinking that'll be nice

4. Monster_Sparklez

Monster_Sparklez Yee yee Bubba Premium Premium

IGN:
    Monster_Sparkles
    No support what happens when someone is flying over the void and their time runs out

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. abb

abb Active Member

IGN:
    justabb
    uhh i didnt think about that... maybe /home? or the timer / countdown could be shown

6. Tog

Tog atpoaim Discord Moderator Premium Premium Premium Premium

IGN:
    Togpuss
    No support. As well as what monster said about flying over the void, it would also make ranks with fly worth slightly less.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Oakk

Oakk Experienced Member

IGN:
    OakiiDoakie
    I see where this suggestions come from,
    Neutral leaning to support.
    I’ll answer questions since I’ve got experience with these type of features...
    Cause you would get some fly time not perm fly, like 10 min per vote site, this is what other servers do and that’s why it could be more worth voting on other servers. Also, this would give a whole new aspect for players to actually vote. The ranks would still be worth to buy since that’s permanent, and on other servers this fly time stack. To prevent people from using fly time for month since it has stacked it shouldn’t stack to give 30 min per day. Hopefully you understand the suggestion a bit more now :)

What if someone dies in lava? I mean we can’t just not add features cause there’s a death scenario involved, minecraft is a survival game you should be able to die. But for this, we can use /is as if you fall in the void for any other scenario. Hopefully you start t agree more.

Read what I said to the others and hopefully you understand this suggestion more too.

8. PCcoolguy100

PCcoolguy100 Senior Member

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    Still, that'd defeat the purpose of it as it's a donator only perk, not something you can earn from voting. You can still get rich from voting if your lucky, because you can win a rare crate key in a vote crate key, and then an epic crate key in a rare crate key, and even then, a leg key in a epic crate key. They sell for a lot of grass, and if you win a dhead or a degg in the leg crate, worth even more so.

The chance is there, but it's unlikely for a reason. If Leg Keys were worth 1 grass, why would anybody want to buy it? It's the same with donator ranks, if you can get /fly from voting, even if it's only 30 minutes, why buy a rank? Most people only hop on to chat or play for 30 minutes or so anyways, so I'd assume once a person's fly time is up, they'd just leave.

I honestly wouldn't mind if it was a rare chance to get /fly, like you used to be able to get a chicken disguise from voting (you may still be able to, idk), So maybe a 1/10000 chance? idk, just a suggestion. Better than voting gets you /fly

9. ebagcoder

ebagcoder Member

IGN:
    Ebagcoder
    I think this could be a good or bad idea
    It could be a good idea so players could see how it works so they would want to buy the rank
    It could also be a bad thing as stated before it would defeat the purpose of buying the rank because you could just vote if you need to fly by only voting when they need to fly
    Second as stated before you could kill yourself when your /fly time is over. You can die in the void you could also fall to your death if there is not a warning that your /fly is going to end.

I would like this if i did not have /fly but i dont think this should be a thing
    Just remember /fly comes with a rank that costs money so you should not be able to get it 3 times a day

10. Oakk

Oakk Experienced Member

IGN:
    OakiiDoakie
    Getting a dress or degg from voting is literally same odds winning millions of dollars on a lottery...

11. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    No support. Monster made a good point, if a player were to fly in the void (highly likely) they will lose all their stuff once the fly runs out. Same can be said if they're flying really high on their island. You're going to see an increase in players asking mods and reg plays (like me) begging on their knees for grass, buckets, obsidian, and other things because they didn't realize that flying in the void would be a bad idea. Unless they were keeping track of the time, then sure why not. I also think it makes the fly ranks less valuable hence reduce the revenue of the server. I don't buy things from the server, but personally 10 bucks for fly is not bad at all and is certainly doable for any player.

12. DietPepsi22

DietPepsi22 Well-Known Member

You can do /is quick enough to get back to your island. That’s not the problem with this, the problem is people have spent 20 dollars I believe for /fly or for just the rank in general that comes with fly.

• Agree Agree x 1