Fix the skyblock twitter

Discussion in 'Help Archive' started by VonArnout, Jul 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VonArnout

VonArnout Well-Known Member

IGN:
    VonArnout
    I'll post it without the screenshots since people disagreed with the suggestion.

Since recently i've noticed the skyblock twitter likes every single tag it gets, however this also means it likes posts advertising other minecraft servers.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by staff members**
    ( I still don't think this is me advertising on the forums, this is litterly a copy of the OFFICIAL twitter from skyblock )
    BertBerry told me to try and contact an admin, but I couldn't so by this we have a post.

Leeeroieee apologies for the tag, but you might be able to track down who uses the twitter.

Its mostly important seeing with the recent twitter update, "liked" posts show up in your main feed. Hence the post.

p.s If you lock the post, at least drop me a message why and what needs to be removed this time

Edit: the obvious change would be to check a tweet before its liked, ( my assumption is that its not)

If however the advertising for other servers was on purpose, then this thread is useless.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2019
  2. Monster_Sparklez

Monster_Sparklez Yee yee Bubba Premium Premium

IGN:
    Monster_Sparkles
    Still no support, you still are kinda advertising by linking information of other servers.
    Noobcrew controls the Twitter he wouldn’t like something of he would want to like it
    Meaning he liked it for a reason I would bet more then 76% of the skyblock players don’t even go to the actual Twitter just just use the little box that’s shows the messages and updates here on the forums
    Either way I find this suggestion useless, your still not stating what you want to change exactly
    No support

3. VonArnout

IGN:
    VonArnout
    Mostly any tweet that has a @ skyblock is liked, thus people can abuse this as shown in the tweet by simply retweeting other servers.

All it requires is to check what tweets should be liked.

I don't understand your "no support" do you feel like skyblock should advertise other servers?

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
  4. Monster_Sparklez

IGN:
    Monster_Sparkles
    It’s not automated noobcrew (the owner) likes the posts meaning he most likely reads them. It’s Twitter it’s not like their posting on the skyblock page the other servers can post on their pages and noobcrew can like them if he wishes. Just contact lee kerahna or noobcrew on discord and talk to them about it

5. VonArnout

IGN:
    VonArnout
    I'm not in the skyblock discord, I get that its not automated, my assumption is that he likes any tweet that mentions skyblock even if that tweet happens to promote some brazzilian minecraft server.

6. Monster_Sparklez

IGN:
    Monster_Sparkles
    Then that’s up to him you can join the skyblock discord by doing /links ingame also it’s Brazilian

7. VonArnout

IGN:
    VonArnout
    I don't plan on joining discord, still my point stands. Shouldn't advertise other servers on their twitter if its highly bannable anywhere else. My assumption still comes to that he doens't read but simply likes every post, human mistakes.

8. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

It is worth looking into. Our twitter shouldn't be liking advertisements.
    I will hide the links for you so no one else can see

In future, if you want to post the evidence only staff really need to see it so use [.Hide] [./Hide] tags
    no periods

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
  9. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

I spoke to Crew and he has unliked the tweets :)
    He keeps tabs on tweets by liking them and didn't realise they were publicly available. Now that he knows this won't be an issue. Thank you for bringing this to our attention :)

10. Krissy

Thank you for your thread on a recent issue. The issue has been resolved.
    This thread has been moved to the Help Archives.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.