Fix the plugins to reduce lag

Discussion in 'Other/Uncategorized Suggestions Archive' started by Ned_Flanders, May 7, 2017.

1. Ned_Flanders

Ned_Flanders Member

Please fix the plugins.

I can't handle these lag spikes anymore.

2. 52Phenomenon

52Phenomenon Super Moderator Super Moderator Events Manager

IGN:
    52Phenomenon
    I'm not really 100% sure if the plug-ins have anything to do with the lag. I'm not exactly an expert in this field so I can't really give my opinion.

3. Rolly

Rolly Senior Member

IGN:
    Rolly__
    The lag isn't coming from the plugins. The server has enough megabytes. The lag is coming from machines/farms and dropped items mostly. Also it happens to occurs when there are a lot of players at the same spot.

4. Caprincess

Caprincess Active Member

But there has to be something they can do, right? Not maybe fix the plugins but something else??

5. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

Possible causes for lag right now:
    Specific plugins generating errors or impacting on server load
    Entity lag by large farms with hundreds of spawners
    but the most significant issue that is most likely causing the lag is the server itself.

At any given time the plugins we have wouldn't lag a server. The world file contains over 600k islands. It is so large in size. The server hasn't been reset since it opened (at least if it had, its been up since 2012). The age of the server is starting to show.