Fix the lag

Discussion in 'Other/Uncategorized Suggestions Archive' started by KingFaris10, Jun 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. KingFaris10

KingFaris10 Well-Known Member

IGN:
    KingFaris10
    Why are there intense lag spikes constantly on the server. Up till ~2 years ago the server was running smoothly with 500+ players. I don't know when this started, but I do know that these spikes have been occurring for the past 2 months, why has this not been debugged/fixed yet? The server makes a significant amount of money... I've heard stories about the owners having to pay back someone, but a small amount of money can still be invested in an upgrade can it not? Not only that, but can a test server not be set up, removing features (i.e. plugins) each time until the lag stops. If it's the core skyblock plugin, can it not be debugged (i.e. insert debug lines into places suspected to cause lag). The first part can be done by Cypriot, and the last part can be done by Noobcrew (I haven't been here in years so I don't know if Noobcrew still manages this server, or if he still codes like he used to)

2. 52Phenomenon

52Phenomenon Super Moderator Super Moderator Events Manager

IGN:
    52Phenomenon
    I think its one plug-in causing the majority of the lag spikes currently, I'm pretty sure they're waiting for the update of the plug-in?

3. KingFaris10

IGN:
    KingFaris10
    Why wait for an update on the plugin rather than disable the plugin temporarily (and notify affected users (e.g. donors)). The only important plugin I can think of to Skyblock is the Skyblock plugin itself. If it is the skyblock plugin, why does it take 2 months to fix spikes in one plugin?

4. iballisticbunny6

iballisticbunny6 Senior Member

IGN:
    SkyDwag
    I've heard a few things, but I'm pretty sure it's the plugin that's causing the most damage. Also, I believe that there is already a suggestion thread quite similar to this. Anyway, there are many rumors about what is causing the lag, by just try to think about it logically.

5. KingFaris10

IGN:
    KingFaris10
    Post 1: .NET - Lag fix | Skyblock Forums
    This is more of a complaint rather than suggesting. The few suggestions there (like a restart) would not fix the problem. In this post I'm suggesting ways of fixing the problem.

Post 2: Suggestion - ClearLag Request | Skyblock Forums
    This is just a plugin/command suggestion which won't fix the lag.

Cypriot has sent me the Spigot timings report and we couldn't find anything significant at all, hence my suggestion to try removing each plugin/feature one by one. If it is the skyblock plugin, write debug lines everywhere.

6. KingFaris10

IGN:
    KingFaris10
  7. Lycel

Lycel Senior Member

IGN:
    Lycel
    This suggestion is hardly needed due to the issue already being very well known. The administrator and owners are acutely aware of the issue and are working on it - I'm sure if it were so easy to fix, he would simply do so. All the same, I am willing to support essentially anything in order to fix the lag, so thank you for your suggestions, and if these are things that the higher staff have not yet considered, hopefully they do fix the problem.
    Also, as for the confusion at the end, both Cyp and Crew are now co-owners of Skyblock, and though Cyp and Crew do much of the general debugging and such, Tanner is the official developer.

8. Teeler

Teeler i am kenough

IGN:
    TeelerSwift69
    Complaining about the lag won't get it fixed, there's also been a million threads complaining about the lag already :p

9. athyrix

athyrix Senior Member Premium

This is well known and we're trying to fix it.

10. pyhxil

pyhxil Active Member

famine in third world countries is an issue that is very well known

11. Lycel

Lycel Senior Member

IGN:
    Lycel
    If there was a cookie rating in this section, you would have just earnt one.
    I think we can safely say I meant the issue was well known within Skyblock ;)

12. KingFaris10

IGN:
    KingFaris10
    As I said, the suggestion was made because whilst the issue is known, 2 months is plenty of time to either fix it, debug it or at least give a progress report. The server admins/owners should give the community feedback on this to calm everyone down at least, and tell us their progress, what they know so far, etc. And oh ok @ the management thing, thanks for clearing that up.

13. KingFaris10

IGN:
    KingFaris10
    This is a complaint in that it should tell them that we want to know what's going on, not about it being fixed. We want to know what's been done so far, etc. The 'million threads complaining' don't give valid suggestions such as mine.

14. TheNinjaWizard

TheNinjaWizard Member

I just happens over time