Implemented Fix Shop Transaction Calculation

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions Archive' started by HeroDJBrine, May 13, 2022.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeroDJBrine

HeroDJBrine Active Member

IGN:
    HeroDJBrine
    This suggestion may not have a huge impact on the gameplay itself, however I find it frustrating that tradeshop do not take chest space in account.
    upload_2022-5-13_21-52-30.png
    In this screenshot, the tradeshop shows that it can complete 26 transactions of buying 20 gold blocks for 1 grass. However when I try to sell the gold, it gives an error that the shop has 0 inventory space left.
    This wastes time, as I went to my island to get the gold and came back to this error.

The fix should be pretty simple, just add a couple lines of code that checks how much space is left, and divide that by the amount of buying item. Then if the amount of grass in the chest is smaller than the storage, display the grass. Else, the storage.

To be honest, this might just be an issue with just me. But I think this simple fix can save loads of time, and sometimes even grass.

• Support Support x 10
  2. Emerald

Emerald Senior Member

IGN:
    TheEpicEmerald
    Actually, I have had this issue a few other times and I went back to the island a few times and then the trade ended up working, it's weird. I support this though, although this may be more of a bug than a suggestion.

3. Xstevey

Xstevey Active Member

IGN:
    Stevecracking90s
    yeah I came across this so many times especially with gold. The shop says theres grass in the chest but theres not enough space in the chest for the gold oof. support.

4. luka

luka macdondalds Moderator Premium

IGN:
    Houzo
    support.

Free buy shops always show like 2 billion available transactions and we all know that isn't possible.

5. KhalDrogo

KhalDrogo Experienced Member

IGN:
    Drogo
    Sales chest sales numbers are based on the amount of grass in the chest. It doesn't consider whether there is space or not.

6. HeroDJBrine

IGN:
    HeroDJBrine
    That's what I'd like to fix. So that it would also consider the available space.
    Shouldn't be too hard to code in, right?

7. KhalDrogo

KhalDrogo Experienced Member

IGN:
    Drogo
    Shouldn’t be hard but there is so much more that needs fixing and so many suggestions that would improve the game so much. Not to mention the promised updates and changes that never seem to come.
    One additional click on the sign tells you that there is no space.

8. Queen

Queen Well-Known Member

IGN:
    QueenxAlex
    support, so janky

9. HeroDJBrine

IGN:
    HeroDJBrine
    bumpy lumpy

10. Sylph

Sylph Member

IGN:
    Sylphisms
    Support. Lots of fixes are generally simple, but there is one dev, which can complicate things especially with the major update coming.

Hoping this is taken into account though! Would appreciate this fix a ton.

11. Dexuby

Dexuby Active Member

IGN:
    Dexuby
    The new shop system on 1.19.x will calculate the remaining transactions precisely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.