Economy Fire spread in island settings

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions' started by Marvin, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Marvin

Marvin Active Member

IGN:
    _Marvinn_
    I would love to see the Fire spread in our island settings. It should be on false by default. But sometimes I want to burn stuff down. Or is there a reason it's not possible right now?

• Support Support x 2
    • No Support No Support x 2
    • Neutral Neutral x 1
  2. eunice

eunice epiphany Premium

I could see why some people would want fire spreading on. I think this won't harm anyone since it's a setting that can be toggled on and off.

support

3. Justin

Justin - Premium Premium

I’m going with neutral, this could cause a lot of lag and potentially many issues with accidental fires. I can think of more negative scenarios than positives with the addition of this. Breaking blocks by hand is probably the safer option

4. AirNike

AirNike New Member

Most of the lag caused when creating fire in the game is by the fire animation and the particles emitted. These particles and animations will cause much more stress on user-clients instead of the server. As a result, I wouldn't think there would be much tickPerSecond drops because of this. The only other issue I can think of with this is people who have expanded islands next to each other and griefing being possible because of fire spread. Neutral for now, but i'd like to see how this idea develops.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. heyits62

heyits62 Active Member

IGN:
    I think I would go neutral/support. I agree with Justin about lag and accidental fires, but I also see why some people would like the ability to burn things down for efficiency etc.

6. Marvin

Marvin Active Member

IGN:
    _Marvinn_
    I think it's possible to set an "limit" to the fire. Just like the redstone ticks?

If it is. That would be an great solution to let it burn "slower".

7. UrsusMaiorus

UrsusMaiorus Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    i dont see any positiuves from this

8. badpeteno

badpeteno Well-Known Member

IGN:
    BadPeteNo
    I could have used it yesterday, first time in a year though. Could be fun for a speef-like game.