Closed Feedback on the new server

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by LionkingCMSL, Mar 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LionkingCMSL

LionkingCMSL New Member

Please note that if this is not the proper place, then feel free to move it where it belongs, however, I did not see where else I could post it.

I am a long time player on the older server, though I have been inactive for some time.

That being said, last night I joined the new server. In my opinion, it is overly complicated and I find no joy in being there.

I was horrified to find I need "Levels" to harvest anything but wheat, mine nothing but cobble, etc. You cannot select a sub-server for your island. The lack of player-owned shops is a bit annoying as the Auction House prices are way out of a new player's budget. I had seen that on the Discord channel but didn't realize how bad it was. I feel like the developers thought it was required to make the server as joyless as possible to keep the older players out. If you visit my home on the old Dino server you'll see what I like to do.

The fact I have to start from scratch for the 3rd time does not help matters. I do not expect to have all my kits transferred over, but my donator status should be. I've donated once to Skybounds, and I feel I'm being held hostage until I pay them a second time, which is a bit unfair, being now I'm retired and on a fixed income.

My final thoughts are on the old Dino server I'll stay. I'll delete my island on the new server and drop my gear at spawn.

This is one 62 year old's opinion, who has been playing MineCraft since 1.4.2.

Thank you for reading.

Sincerely,
    LIonkingCMSL
    (known in the real world as Don Miller, Jr.)

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
  2. Timm

Timm Well-Known Member

IGN:
    TimLatte
    I was unsure what server you were talking about at first, so I assume you are reffering to Economy as the new server? I don't play Economy so I don't know anything about it.

Anyway, I don't know if you know, but there is another server (You can get there with /skyblock) that is similar to the old server, and doesn't require the "Levels" to harvest items, and also does have player shops instead of the auction house.

Hopefully this helps!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Tog

Tog atpoaim Discord Moderator Premium Premium Premium Premium

IGN:
    Togpuss
    Hello LionkingCMSL! It’s nice to see you have been playing Minecraft for so long despite the fact that you’re retired! :)

Firstly, I’m not really too sure what server you are talking about and I am certainly not aware of a ‘Dino’ server or a ‘Skybounds’ server. I would like you to check if you have the right forums website first. Assuming you are talking about economy, I’ll address your issues about that.

Would you be able to elaborate about a ‘sub-hub’ please. Also, your point about the rank being transferred over. Skyblock survival and Skyblock economy are two completely different servers that just so happen to be owned by the same person. The other server can be accessed by doing: /Skyblock. The other server does not use $ as the currency, nor have an auction house. It is purely based on player owned shops and the strange choice of currency: ‘grass blocks’.

4. Krissy

Krissy hyyh Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

I believe you have the wrong server as none of this adds up to the way we operate here. However while you are here feel free to play a bit

5. LionkingCMSL

LionkingCMSL New Member

Thanks for your input and I may have te wrong place.

If this is not the Savage Games site then I am totally sorry and you may delete this topic with no harm done.

EDIT: My sincere apologies. I was, in fact, on the wrong site. You may delete this topic at your pleasure. I am sincerely sorry for the confusion I may have caused. I will note I do have a Skyblock world on single player, and that is a lot of fun.

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
  6. Krissy

Its alright, we have had a few people mistake our server for another :) No need to apologise its quite alright. Your experience must not have been that great over there, sorry to hear. Skyblock really is fun :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Krissy

Thread locked on request.
    If you disagree to this action, please report this post, and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it.

Kind regards,
    The Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.