NA FatalDisaster's Moderator Application [.NET]

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by FatalDisaster, Oct 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FatalDisaster

FatalDisaster Guest

[​IMG]
    Introduction:

Hello, I'm FatalDisaster. I'm 15 years old. Just over a year ago I moved to the USA which changed my life dramatically. I have already made an application once but I deleted it because of issues that have been going on ever since I moved. I now go to a new school, made new friends, and I felt like I should apply again because I feel like I am ready.
    I've been playing skyblock since early 2015 (January) and I have had a few breaks here and there, I have explained one reason already above. Now, although I have had these breaks, I do not intend to stop playing anytime in the future. I have seen many mods come and go through my time on skyblock and I have acknowledged their ways of moderating and their mistakes so I could possibly become a moderator who makes no mistakes and tries his hardest no matter the situation. If you would like to know more about me then you can click here to go to my updated introduction.

Your in-game name:

My in-game name is FatalDisaster.

What timezone are you in?

My timezone is
    EST – Eastern Standard Time / Eastern Time (Standard Time) - 05:00

What country do you live in?

I live in the USA, but I am currently not an American citizen. I was originally from England, United Kingdom. (As you can see on my profile page)

What languages do you speak?

I speak fluent English, and I am currently taking my 3rd year of French. I am hoping to, at some point in high school, become bilingual.

Do you have 2FA enabled? Yes/No

Yes, I do have 2FA enabled.

Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence? (i.e. recording software, screenshots, etc)

I use Lightshot to take screenshots. All I have to do is click the button I have set my shortcut to and then it will take the picture. I always have Bandicam available in my toolbar so I can easily take a video without a fuss. I also have Gyazo to take smaller videos or to also take a quick screenshot with.

Why do you think you should become a mod?

Becoming a moderator is a huge responsibility. You need someone who is mature, reliable, active and kind to one another. I believe that I am the right person for the spot. I have many traits about myself that makes me the right person able to tolerate the hard work that should be put in to be a moderator. I want to be able to expand on the way I help people and be able to help out with more situations. I am extremely active and I have a very flexible schedule. I am very helpful (I mostly use private messages as it is a lot easier for the player to see it in the chat) towards new players but obviously I am also helpful to those who need the help. I have many other traits, though, such as:

Very Active:
    As I said above, I am a very active player. I have so much free time that I can spend at least 3-4 hours on the server on school days and up to 6 hours on weekends. Being active is extremely important for being able to help out the server. Also, I'm always on the forums, teamspeak, or Skype so there are numerous ways for me to be contacted if necessary. If you're not active or rarely online, what help are you bringing towards the players?

Team leader:
    Currently I am taking a course that helps me improve my team building and team leading skills. I think this is one of my areas of expertise.

Patient:
    I am very patient when it comes to helping players out. No matter how long it may take to get the player to understand or know how to do something.

Honest:
    I am always extremely honest with other players. I never lie. Being unhonest means you are not a trustworthy person. However, I am very trustworthy.

Responsive:
    Due to the fact that I am able to be online for a long time each day, I can respond to reports or issues very fast. I also have a fast typing speed with minimal mistakes. Here are my results from a Word Per Minute Test I took:

Un-biased:
    I am very unbiased when it comes to a rule-breaker. I always look at both sides of the story before any action should be taken. I never only listen to one person and assume they are correct, even if it is a friend. Every decision I make is from listening to both sides and examining what happened in the situation.

Responsible:
    I am always responsible to matter the situation. I understand that I must be responsible with the commands that moderators receive and they must be used wisely. I do not like to mess around a lot with anybody because when this happens people can become immature, which I do not want to happen.

Mature:
    There are times where I like to mess around with friends, but there are times where you have to be mature. I always aim to be the most mature I can. I like to be mature because it shows I am responsible, I am trustworthy, and I am capable of becoming a moderator. I always like to use the best grammar I can whether it would be chatting to friends or family, there's no excuse where I would not use grammar. This makes me more mature in a grammatical form of way.

Fun:
    Although I like to be mature, I also like to have fun. I believe that if a moderator is no fun then no one will like them as much as someone who is fun. But sometimes you have to draw a line between how far you can go until you. People have to have some fun.

Fast-Learner:
    I am extremely fast at getting used to new things, new ideas. I learn very quickly from my mistakes and I make sure that they will never happen again. After I received my first ever ban when I was new to the server, I went over the rules and I quickly learnt everything off-by-heart.

Respectful:
    I always show respect to players, whether they show respect back or not. I do not show disrespect to anyone in my virtual life or my real life. When I am respectful towards others they always show respect for me back. My parents always told me "Treat people how you would want to be treated" my whole life, this is the quote I always think about whenever someone is being disrespectful or rude.

Dedication:
    I am able to dedicate all my time towards skyblock. As you can see by my schedule below, I have lots of free time. I am, however, able to add in some extra time if it is needed. I never feel like being online on skyblock is a chore and I never will.

Observant:
    I am constantly on the look out for people that are disobeying the rules that are set and I try to talk them into obeying that rule and why that rule is there. For example, whenever I see someone that is trading an Illegal item (Such as dirt, sand, buckets, etc.) I will tell them in a polite manner that it is an illegal item to trade and I explain to them why it is (In this case, these items are illegal due to Island Farming). Obeying the rules is a must-do and there is no reason why you shouldn't obey them and everyone else should. I am constantly on the look out for people that are disobeying the rules that are set and I try to talk them into obeying that rule and why that rule is there. For example, whenever I see someone that is trading an Illegal item (Such as dirt, sand, buckets, etc.) I will tell them in a polite manner that it is an illegal item to trade and I explain to them why it is (In this case, these items are illegal due to Island Farming). I want to make sure everyone is obeying the rules because it helps keep the server clean and then everyone can enjoy it.

Known in the Community:
    I know a lot of people in the skyblock community and they know me back. I have a lot of friends that I can still communicate with and have fun with while still obeying the rules.

Reliable:
    You can always count on me to get my tasks done. I always try my hardest to be the best-working person I can be. If there is something that I have done that is out of place then I am hoping that you are all able to rely on me to own up to it. I always keep my promises and never back down on something I previously said/promised to do.

How long can you be active on the server everyday?

I am a very active player, and I always have been. Since I do not know many people at my school or neighbourhood I don't have many people to hang around with. Also I don't attend clubs because of this and because of breathing difficulties I have. I am hoping life will not always remain this way. Here is a basic schedule of how long I am able to be online for each day of the week:

Monday: 3:30pm - 8:00pm (4 1/2 hours)
    Tuesday: 3:30pm - 8:00pm (4 1/2 hours)
    Wednesday: 3:30pm - 8:00pm (4 1/2 hours)
    Thursday: 3:30pm - 8:00pm (4 1/2 hours)
    Friday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm (5 hours)
    Saturday: 12:00pm - 8:00pm (8 hours)
    Sunday: 12:00pm - 8:00pm (8 hours)

Please note: These are approximate times I will be online. There will be moments here and there where I will not be online because I will be having a break or spending time with my family.

How long have you been playing Skyblock?

I have been playing skyblock somewhere around the beginning of January 2015 or late December 2014. After about a month of playing skyblock I stopped playing for a while until my friend reminded me about the server. This is the period where I donated so I played the server even more. After playing the server again for a while I left due to my move to the USA. I did not have access to a computer/laptop for almost half a year. Now that all those issues are out of the way, I am back to playing skyblock like I intended to.

Have you ever been banned in the past? (Forums & In-game)

I was temporarily banned once when I was a non-donor and still getting used to the rules and the skyblock life. This was because I took sand out of a furnace at /warp trade that someone left in there. I regret what was done and I understand the rules fully. This will never happen again.

Do you have any past experience as a moderator?

Sadly, I do not have any experience as a moderator. Although I have this disadvantage I am taking a team building course in school, as I have explained above. The course helps me improve my team building and team leadership skills with random people throughout my school. It also helps me improve my communicating skills because I have problems with making new friends.

Do you meet the requirements for staff? Yes/No

Overall, I do meet the requirements to become a moderator for this server.

Thank you greatly for taking your time to read my moderator application.

• Support Support x 23
    • No Support No Support x 3
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2016
  2. Emerald

Emerald Senior Member

IGN:
    TheEpicEmerald
    I literally have been waiting for this forever. I don't even have to read it, support for my disaster :heart:3. Try to be a tiny more active on forums, and work on some other things like detail, more information, etc. Although you still have my support :)

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
  3. FatalDisaster

FatalDisaster Guest

Thank you, Emerald! :heart: I have added some more detail to my application and I will be way more active on the forums as you said.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2016
  4. Agent

Agent not really an agent Premium

IGN:
    Agentyy
    I say this on all mod applications. Always help out more in chat, but don't ask if players need help. I suggest you add more to the Why I want to be Mod section. Become a little more active on forums and you also don't need to care about supporters and non supporters :p
    It doesn't change on what Cypriot thinks :p

I'm going to say Neutral :p

This doesn't mean I don't think you wouldn't be a great moderator, I just think you should fix these few suggestions. Again, even if you don't fix them, you should keep them in your mind.

5. FatalDisaster

FatalDisaster Guest

Thank you, Agent! I will add more right away. I like to help out more in private messages so that it's easier for the player to find the answer to their question.

6. Agent

IGN:
    Agentyy
    I know you prefer to help in private message, but I always say that on moderator applications :p

7. Cheesy

Cheesy Senior Member

Fatal, we've had some differences in the past, but I see some great potential in you moderating the server. Especially because you are very active.

Support

8. TVFilthyFrank

TVFilthyFrank Active Member

Your application is well written, and you seem like you would make a great staff member!
    Support!

9. FatalDisaster

FatalDisaster Guest

Thank you very much, Cheesy.

Thank you!

10. Agent

IGN:
    Agentyy
    Changing to support ;3 bystanda:3

11. athyrix

athyrix Senior Member Premium

Neutral :)

Try and help out a bit more ;]

12. FatalDisaster

FatalDisaster Guest

Thank you Agent :heart: (Bystanda :p)

Thank you Dough, I'll do my best!

13. LegoCollecter14

LegoCollecter14 Well-Known Member

IGN:
    LegoCollecter14
    Hello. Ill Be Reviewing Your App.

[​IMG]

Give Me A bit.
    I'm Thinking A Halloween Theme Will Do Nicely.
    Sorry This Is Taking So Long. RL interrupted

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  14. Bossgamer

Bossgamer Super Moderator Super Moderator

IGN:
    Bossyy
    Support.
    My only criticism is to maybe be a tiny bit more active on the forums, I don't see you around on it all too much.
    Good luck. c;

15. FatalDisaster

FatalDisaster Guest

Thank you Boss :heart: I will be more active on the forums.

16. Emerald

Emerald Senior Member

IGN:
    TheEpicEmerald
    I know it's not even been 1 day, but I have to re-support this. Everytime I look in chat I see you helping others. When I talk to you on TeamSpeak, I notice you are very kind and a very mature person. You have the self confidence and the maturity down. There are some things you can work on, but I still give you a big chunk of my support.

~Re-Support~

17. FatalDisaster

FatalDisaster Guest

Aw, thank you Emerald. This really means a lot to me :heart:3

18. LegoCollecter14

LegoCollecter14 Well-Known Member

IGN:
    LegoCollecter14
    Ah The Perfect Meme To Start The Theme
    [​IMG]
    Moving On To The Actual Review..

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2016
  19. FatalDisaster

FatalDisaster Guest

Wow, this was awesome to read. I have matured very much since that day, I was 13 years old back then :p. I also fixed any grammatical errors you have pointed out. Thank you for your review and the 91% support!

20. Xethorias

Xethorias Senior Member

IGN:
    Xethorias
    Support x10

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.