Extreme ping lag

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by lowfps10, Mar 9, 2019.

1. lowfps10

lowfps10 Active Member

IGN:
    lowfps10
    It's been several months and this is still an issue. Sure, there's also another kind of lag called tps lag, but that issue is much harder to resolve because it's partially to blame on us. But ping lag? This seems like it should be simple to resolve

All that is really necessary to fix this, theoretically, is the host computer to have a good connection to the internet. I don't understand??

I would like an official word from the developers (Noobcrew Leeeroieee) about this issue, so far they have said absolutely nothing regarding the connection and have done nothing to fix this. Except for mat's comment here, which was irrelevant for the most part tbh

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
  2. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    yea I had the same issue, I normally would get 5 but got 3. I think it would have to do with the server itself, not the players :p

3. lowfps10

lowfps10 Active Member

IGN:
    lowfps10
    Some players don't get low bars and continue to get a solid 5. Any ideas on why? Probably location or just really really right-next-to-the-router good internet connection.

4. Tog

Tog atpoaim Discord Moderator Premium Premium Premium Premium

IGN:
    Togpuss
    same here

5. lowfps10

lowfps10 Active Member

IGN:
    lowfps10
    Screen Shot 2019-03-10 at 2.24.20 PM.png today's an especially bad day for the server :p

6. DegenerateGnome

DegenerateGnome Active Member

IGN:
    DegenerateGnome
    This has to be server side, it's only been happening recently (im one of those guys that constantly checks tab) and I've noticed it ONLY started getting this bad when the recent severe lag problems began, im one of those people who gets a solid 4/5 bars, this applies to every server. Skyblock is the only server I get 1 bar on now, I don't think this is a router problem with people. I just tested it without my mods on, and it didn't change a thing with the lag.

Should also mention that I've been taking screenshots of this since I noticed it began, it's getting worse and worse it would only be a few people this happened to, now it's everyone.

(lol, a mod glued these posts together, thank you XD )

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
  7. MrGallifrey

MrGallifrey Active Member

IGN:
    MrGallifrey
    It could be an issue with pinging the server, but I have no clue what causes the lag between the client and the server itself, it's no longer just a lower tps

8. lowfps10

lowfps10 Active Member

IGN:
    lowfps10
    yea, but i never noticed this issue as much on economy? maybe im checking at the wrong times

9. DegenerateGnome

DegenerateGnome Active Member

IGN:
    DegenerateGnome
    I don't play on economy so I can't put any input into that. (not putting my eggs into that basket)

10. Krissy

Krissy hyyh Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

It certainly is something to do with the server. I once had a similar issue on a server of mine which resolved itself. However it is worth someone checking up on.

11. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    You don't think there is huge grinders with spawners that are lagging the server aren't they?

12. lowfps10

lowfps10 Active Member

IGN:
    lowfps10
    doesn't that lower the tps and not player connections?

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  13. MrGallifrey

MrGallifrey Active Member

IGN:
    MrGallifrey
    for the most part, this seems to be a new issue, and I'm pretty sure we would have had this connection issue if laggy grinders DID affect this.

14. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    If the grinders are insanely massive then yes it would cause server lag. That's the reason why noob disabled pigmen spawners temporary to solve the issue with server lag. And no, from my knowledge it doesn't lower the tps and player connections as a matter of fact I don't see a connection between server lag and player connections (and tps). :p

15. lowfps10

lowfps10 Active Member

IGN:
    lowfps10
  16. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    Probably Noobcrew has bad internet in his server. (Server is hosted on his PC)

17. BostonNerdism

BostonNerdism Well-Known Member Premium

IGN:
    BostonNerdism
  18. lowfps10

lowfps10 Active Member

IGN:
    lowfps10
  19. lowfps10

lowfps10 Active Member

IGN:
    lowfps10
    It's gotten so bad, people are staying that poeple aren't playing on he skyblock survival server due to the lag. I myself have been kicked twice to the hub because of this lag. This, without a doubt, needs to be on the top priority for the developers Noobcrew Leeeroieee mat t

Then why isn't economy laggy? If it is his internet, all servers would be laggy.

20. matt

matt Well-Known Member Administrator

What countries do you guys live in?