Implemented Excess /kit items get deposited into /lnf

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions Archive' started by Moee, Mar 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moee

Moee Well-Known Member

IGN:
    moearnings
    Title.
    Explanation:
    I see quite a few threads about people losing their kits bc of a full inventory (and they complain about it in chat too).
    Here is the solution: instead of dropping the excess /kit items on the ground, they would be deposited into your /lnf. this would save users a mad dash to store some items so that they can pick up their kits.
    Here is the message that would display:

Oops! It seems like there wasn't enough space in your inventory. The following items from /kit skygod have been stored in your lost in found:
    64x Cobblestone
    64x Redstone
    Once you have open space in your inventory, use /lnf to gather the rest of your kit items!

Let me know what you think!
    Also let me know if you think I should edit my suggestion to include a vote claim system as well, I'm on the fence about it.

Full credit to Agent for suggesting the revamp, my original suggestion was a little lacking.

• Support Support x 10
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
  2. Agent

Agent not really an agent Premium

IGN:
    Agentyy
    Support. I'd suggest a few changes though:

Rather than putting all of the items in a chest, any items that can fit in your inventory will go directly there. There would then be an error message in chat, similar to your sample message above, explaining how to retrieve the items that were not put in your inventory. The message below is a modified version of your example, but it's just a bit more in depth.

Oops! It seems like there wasn't enough space in your inventory. The following items from /kit skygod have been stored in your lost in found:
    64x Cobblestone
    64x Redstone
    Once you have open space in your inventory, use /lnf to gather the rest of your kit items!

I think this would also provide more of a use for the lost and found command, as I personally haven't used it in a long time. I agree that while it may be nice for vote rewards to be stored there as well, I think I'd prefer to get this implemented before worrying about that.

3. Moee

Moee Well-Known Member

IGN:
    moearnings
    Thanks for the feedback!
    So if I get this right, you're saying that it would be better to directly deposit the items and instead of dropping the rest on the ground put them in /lnf? I hadn't thought of that.

4. Agent

IGN:
    Agentyy
    Exactly. Any items that can fit in your inventory would, and the excess items would be stored in your lost and found.

5. UrsusMaiorus

UrsusMaiorus Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    on question i have about this is is there an expiration or max storage for inf becuase i could see somone leaving 100s of kits in there and then redeming it

6. Moee

Moee Well-Known Member

IGN:
    moearnings
    I edited the suggestion, would you mind changing the title to something like "Excess /kit items get deposited into /lnf"?
    Thanks so much

7. Agent

IGN:
    Agentyy
    I don't see an issue with people claiming multiple kits at once from their lost and found, since all of the items in it are rightfully theirs, but too many items might cause an issue with the server or the pugin. However, it would be a lot more complex to have an expiration date, but I'm not opposed to the idea. I would then suggest a pop-up menu like auction house that shows how much longer an item will remain in the lost and found before it is removed. This could be shown when hovering over the item, and each item could remain in the lost and found for 30 days before expiring (maybe 7 days?).
    Done!

8. Mai

Mai serendipity Discord Moderator Premium Premium

This is a good suggestion. Would help everyone a lot because personally I've lost many kits by accident due to it all falling out of my inventory.
    I agree with this part. Personally don't think there should be an expiration date however it would make a bit of sense if there was, and I wouldn't be opposed to it.

Anyways support!

9. UrsusMaiorus

UrsusMaiorus Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    mine was more like if there was a max they could be confused why their items are gone

10. Agent

IGN:
    Agentyy
    I don't think it's logical for people to keep all of their leftover kit items in the lost and found since it seems like something you'd rather claim than ignore or (possibly) let expire. I think that more people would be in favor of having an option to store your unclaimed kit items, even if there is a max storage limit, than let clear lag take them if you get your kit at the wrong time.

11. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    Support. Same thing goes with voting when you vote a lot and come on days after and chat being spammed with the rewards you've just won and you have a full inventory and so the rewards would drop on the floor which can be clagged or stolen if your island isn't locked

12. Pancake

Pancake syrup x Moderator Premium

IGN:
    GangstaPancake
    Support, as Bert said, this would also be helpful for voting rewards. This is a really big problem and I’ve loaded many items to this before. I can’t think of why this couldn’t be added. It would be really useful :D

13. Calidre

Calidre Experienced Member

IGN:
    Calidre
    Yep definite support.

Lost a few items here and there from opening kits and would be useful to not ever have to think about, am I near a chest, is my inventory empty enough or is Clear Lag going to come soon. Good quality of life change

14. cuteymeow

cuteymeow Active Member

IGN:
    cuteymeow
    Support. This needs to be added! This will prevent similar situations to Tomurisk's issue when they lost many stacks of voter keys from happening! This can also be applied to when people use many crate keys, and receive a kit/stacks of items from it, to prevent it from just dropping on the floor, allowing other users to take it.

15. Grips23

Grips23 Active Member

IGN:
    Grips23
    Support, this is a great idea! maybe we could include Voter keys also from vote party events too?

16. Dexuby

Dexuby Active Member

IGN:
    Dexuby
    The feature has been implemented on the dev server, note that it (currently) only works for kits.

Once approved it'll hopefully be pushed to the live server(s) with the next update. Thanks for your suggestion.

Edit:
    Small change, lost items will be moved to your enderchest as long as you have space in there. Once your enderchest is full the rest of the items will be dropped on the ground like before.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
  17. Agent

IGN:
    Agentyy
    Thank you for creating a suggestion!
    After looking at it we have decided that we will be adding this feature! We felt like this would improve the game-play by adding it, so your suggestion has been accepted!
    This thread has been locked and moved to Server Gameplay Suggestions Archive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.