OCE Evux's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by Evux, Dec 19, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Evux

Evux Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Evux
    [​IMG]

Welcome to my application!
    My name is Evux, I'm 15 years old.
    I have multiple hobbies including
    Skyblock, rollerblading and playing the ukulele.

Alrighty now lets get right into my application!

Your in-game name:

Evux

What time zone are you in?

[AWST]

What country do you live in?

Australia

What languages do you speak?

English

Do you have 2FA enabled? Yes/No

Yes

Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence? (i.e. recording software, screenshots, etc)

I do, I have Quicktime player and can capture screenshot’s with Imgur :)

Why do you think you should become a staff member?

The community at Skyblock.Net has been very positive and inclusive since the second I joined, I knew from the start that I wanted to give back to the community in a positive enjoyable way which I have had experience in, which in this case is moderating on a large Minecraft community.

Due to my past Minecraft experience’s I have learnt so much and gained and improved on skills that are vital to becoming a mature staff member such as:

*Self Motivation (It is important to stay motivated and not give up as a Moderator, I believe I portray this trait very well due to the fact that I know that the worst moments will always wash away and the great moments will stay for life. I have learnt from my experience as a mod on another server)

*Time Management (Making sure that you are on for a reasonable amount of time whilst still focusing on real-life commitments is hard and an important skill to learn, I have learnt how to deal with this due to making a School timetable at the beginning of each year to ensure I will have enough time for recreational activities such as Skyblock)

*Decision Making (Sometimes making decisions especially involving a conflict between two parties can be very hard and overwhelming, building up your decision-making skills is very important, I have learnt this skill due to dealing with tickets in my past moderator position)

*Typing Skills (I have the natural ability to type back to players in a very quick time, My highest recorded score is 110WPM)
    *Knowledgeable (Whilst communicating with a few experienced members in the Skyblock community I have learnt to understand in a short period of time the economy, all the commands, an extensive amount of information regarding illegal items and other information regarding the server in general)

Ending Statement

I will ensure if I was to become a moderator, to do everything to the best of my abilities no matter how easy or hard it gets I promise to do my best! If the desired outcome for the application is not achieved I will continue to pursue this journey no matter what, I will take all feedback on board!

How long can you be active on the server?
    Holidays:

4 hours to 10 hours
    School days:
    2-4 Hours
    Weekend:
    3 to 5 hours (Sometimes longer)

How long have you been playing Skyblock?

For 2 years however I came back to the community about a month ago

Have you ever been banned in the past? (Forums & In-game)

I have not been banned

edit: I recently found out I was temp banned for 30 minutes in 2015 due to block glitch climbing on my friend's island. :)

Do you have any past experience as a staff member?

Not on this server but on a reasonably large server with about an average of 100 players on however I will refrain from talking about the server, if you would like more information about my past experiences a PM will be appreciated. :)

Do you meet the requirements for staff? Yes/No

Yes

[​IMG]

Feedback on my application is much appreciated :)

• Support Support x 19
    • No Support No Support x 2
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
  2. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    Neutral, reasons:
    • Not much active and in game. Maybe cause of time zones.
    • I dont see you help
    Good luck!

3. Pancake

Pancake syrup x Moderator Premium

IGN:
    GangstaPancake
    Neutral

Not as active might be because of timezones
    When i do see you your not really helping

4. athyrix

athyrix Senior Member Premium

Neutral, leaning to support.
    You're active in my timezone and I am on the otherside of the world to you, however you need to help out a tad bit more! You should also increase forum activity and maybe put a bit more in your application.
    Support rating given anyway.

5. Evux

Evux Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Evux
    Thank you for the feedback I will be sure to take it on board! :)

6. laini

laini Ma'am Premium

IGN:
    Prxcto
    Neutral.
    I see you in game quite a bit which is great, yet you’re not very active on forums. Tag me when you get to 150 posts and I’ll update my status. :)

7. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

Not enough forums/discord activity. Having both those in the bag will ensure you are really involved with the server.

8. Wolfie

Wolfie Well-Known Member

Neutral. I usually see you online, but you need to be more helpful and active on forums.

9. Evux

Evux Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Evux

Wolfie: I will dedicate much of my time to being more helpful and I understand I need to be more involved on the forums now based on all the comments :), thanks for your feedback! :D
    Laini: Will do thank you!
    Krissy: Thank you Krissy I will be sure to be more active on the forums and discord :)

10. poggers

poggers Senior Member

Neutral, you just met the requirements. Good luck.

11. Evux

Evux Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Evux
    Thank you :)

I appreciate the support :)

12. Wonkie

Wonkie Experienced Member

IGN:
    wonkiedonkie
    Neutral, leaning to a support.
    You’re definitely active on the server, which is one of the most important traits required of this position. However, where you lack is your Forums activity. You’ve only just surpassed the 50 posts requirement. Additionally, I may be wrong, but you don’t seem to be helping a lot even though you’re talkative in chat.
    I definitely can see potential in you and I think you could be a great moderator, Evux.
    Good Luck.

13. Butters_SLG

Butters_SLG Member

I have noticed recently that you have taken all feedback into consideration. Full Support! ;)

14. abdul

abdul Griefer Premium

There is little to no detail on this application

+
    ^ little to no information
    Might as well not post this because it is not needed
    No. You don't

No support.

15. Evux

Evux Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Evux
    Hey AbdulSamad! I thank you for your very honest feedback, I will definitely work on my application and add a lot more detail, I would like to ask however, how do I not meet the requirements? I would also like to ask why you don't believe that information is necessary?

EDIT: I have edited my original application I would love for you all to give me more feedback!

- Thanks Evux

I would love for you to give me some more feedback now that I have edited my application!

- Thanks Evux

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
  16. Evux

Evux Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Evux
    Thank you for your feedback! I will definitely increase my performance in the area's which you have stated :).

I appreciate the support Butters :)

- Thanks Evux

17. abdul

abdul Griefer Premium

It really isn't because you are talking to yourself .
    I just post that when I feel like you need some more improvement.

You are learning alot, Congrats on that.

I will be looking to change my No support to Support in the future, If I see improvement

18. Esdeath

Esdeath Active Member

Then post it in a clearer statement. Needing improvement does not have much in common with not meeting requirements.
    Once you met the requirements, you can still improve your knowledge in any way.
    This is plain logical context.

19. Evux

Evux Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Evux
    Thank you for the extensive feedback, It is much appreciated and I hope to change your opinion in the future :)

Thanks Gemini for the explanation, hopefully it will stop confusions in the future :)

20. luka

luka macdondalds Moderator Premium

IGN:
    Houzo
    Neutral. Leaning on support.

I don’t really see you in game or on forums being that active. With other persons responses it is time zones, but I am just over from you. I’m sure if I see you more I game I will lean more towards support as you meet all requirements and I genuinely think you are a nice guy,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.