Accepted [EricFully] Duping [Cyk] [Accepted]

Discussion in 'Appeals Archive' started by NotErics, Sep 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NotErics

NotErics Active Member

IGN:
    NotErics
    1. My IGN is:EricFully
    2. I was banned on /skyblock (Do not know how to attach my ban message, I apologize)
    3. My reason for my ban was duplication
    4. Yes i have read the rules before, but it was when I started playing on the server, which was a while back. I will make it a point to read the rules again.
    5. My ban was a correct ban
    6. I think I should be unbanned because the duplication machine was built by OneUpped, and prior to building it, he said to me that other players were known to use these, and went on about it etc. I also did not construct the machine, though it was built while I was online. I Have not touched any of the duplicated items, and would gladly destroy the few made. Knowing new information I feel that I will be better equipped to follow explicitly made rules, and not take any risks on the server. I admit to my wrong doings, and my lack of taking the initiative to speak to a mod prior to my actions. I apologize to all the mods for having to take the time out of their day to handle my behavior. Thank You.
    7. I have had 1 ban prior to this, which was a request ban, because I needed time to focus on things going on irl,
    8. I will prevent another ban by re-reading all rules on the server, and when I am unsure of actions to be made, speak up to a mod, or staff.

-EricFully

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
  2. NotErics

NotErics Active Member

IGN:
    NotErics
    Hey, don't mean to be impatient, but it has been about 24 hours since I posted this appeal, hope everything is okay. Cyk753
    :)

3. Cyk753

Cyk753 Super Moderator Super Moderator Staff Applicant Advisor

Hello Eric. Thank you for your honesty. I am glad that you are learning from this experience. Although OneUpped offered the carpet/rail duping machine and built it for you, you still have to take ownership of the fact that you allowed him to do so on your island. I see in logblock that you built the room around the machine and the hoppers/chests to collect from it. I also see you built an afk pool underneath the machine. This shows your intent was to take advantage of the duping machine.

Logblock confirms that nobody took stuff out of the chests collecting from the machine. I will ask a supermod to remove any items that are in there.

In case you haven't looked at them yet, here is a link to rules: Server Rules | Skyblock Forums

It is good that you are willing to talk to a staff member first if you think something is questionable. Do be aware of this rule though:
    This has a wide range and it includes any bug or related issue even if it comes from the original minecraft game.

Let me know if you have trouble understanding anything I wrote.

4. NotErics

NotErics Active Member

IGN:
    NotErics
    Thank you Cyk, I do take ownership for the role I played in this, I would like to mention that the Afk pool was unrelated to the machine, it was built prior to this encounter for simple afking. As for the chests, I did not plan on using the carpets, as i did not interact with any, but also the reason carpets are used is for map arts, which I have only ever used full blocks for. (I fully understand how it looks that the chests were placed by me, and am willing to accept that it was wrong of me, looking though a mods eyes).Thank you once more. May I ask what my position is with my ban at the moment?

5. Cyk753

Logblock shows the packed ice was placed by you for your afk pool 4 hours after OneUpped built the machine. Logblock also shows you built the room around the same time OneUpped was working.

6. NotErics

NotErics Active Member

IGN:
    NotErics
    I do not recall placing packed ice on or in my Afk pool, but LogBlock shows it, so I must have. I had no thought to use my afk pool for any malicious reasons. I built the pool before hand so that I did not have to keep going to a friends island to afk.(I also thought that packed ice didn't melt, so I do not know why I placed it, nor do I know where I placed it) I do not dispute the room being built my me. Once again I do apologize for the role that I played in this being done. With all due respect Cyk, what does the room signify, I built it as design. (Edit: I see how it could look like a cover up, but that was not my intention, if I was to cover it up, I would fully do so with a roof etc.)

7. NotErics

NotErics Active Member

IGN:
    NotErics
    I take full responsibility for my actions, an have learned my lesson and know now that rules are not meant to be broken and I hope the mods will see this as my last offence and consider unbanning me despite my mistakes. I promise that I will do my best to follow and uphold any and all rules and even make sure they are followed by others. (Edit: Hey Cyk753 don’t mean to be impatient, but I was looking forward to playing on skyblock again this weekend, or soon.)Thank you

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
  8. Cyk753

Thank you for your sincerity. I hope to see that you do not repeat such actions. I will unban you from /skyblock. Your ban time served is the same as OneUpped. The duping machine has not been removed yet. Please just do not touch it or the contents of the chests.

9. Cyk753

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.