Skyblock /enchant silk touch

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions' started by Evan Dobinson, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Evan Dobinson

Evan Dobinson Member

i think you should just pay grass to get the enchantment on your tool like 1-10grass for /enchant silk touch,
    or maybe you could win a silk touch book in /vote

• No Support No Support x 3
  2. Monster_Sparklez

Monster_Sparklez Yee yee Bubba Premium Premium

IGN:
    Monster_Sparkles
    No support, that ruins the player based run economy if the grass just gets destroyed rather then going to a person it would be worse for the economy and will set an eternal price for silk touch books unless the price is changed in the npc. Adding it to voting rewards wouldn’t make any really match what the current rewards represent like the skyblock vibe

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Brake

Brake Experienced Member

Why was it removed in the first place tho? We used to have /Enchant All, what happened?

4. NorthYYY

NorthYYY Active Member

with the god weapons came them being cheap so they wanted the pickaxes to be worth something also tim the enchanter plugin is extremely out of date

5. Creepingdeath9

Creepingdeath9 Well-Known Member

No support
    Silk touch is allready now easy enought to get

6. needtorename

needtorename Content Creator Premium

IGN:
    needtorename
    Support on winning a silktouch book with /vote

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Lz

Lz Well-Known Member

How about an epic crate reward? Or common crate extremely rare reward

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. RedstoneTrails

RedstoneTrails Moderator Moderator

IGN:
    RedstoneTrails
    I'm open to a diamond silk touch pickaxe or silk touch book being added to voter rewards, or one of the crates.

However, I don't think players should be able to use /enchant silk touch, in any fashion. A strong economy has been built around selling silk touch pickaxes and books, and removing that economy would hurt a good number of players. Enchanting silk touch pickaxes is something any player can do fairly cheaply, and I think is an important part of the economy to keep, especially for new players looking for ways to earn grass.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. KhalDrogo

KhalDrogo Experienced Member

IGN:
    Drogo
    Drogo does spend a bit on silk touch books but thinks it’s good to have something of value that any greenie can fish up and make some grass on.
    Drop rate could be improved though. 5DC’s of junk or more without a single silk touch book is a bit frustrating.

10. RedstoneTrails

RedstoneTrails Moderator Moderator

IGN:
    RedstoneTrails
    Rates are completely vanilla. And I don't think I've ever had this issue before, at worst I think it was around 50 books without getting a silk touch.

If you're feeling super unlucky, you can setup two enchanting tables next to each, with one maxing out at level 30, the other at level 20. This gives you three potential opportunities to get a silk touch book. Or you can layer down a couple tiers, and have 4-5 enchanting tables with different max levels next to each other.

Hopefully your luck gets better so it never needs to come to that.

11. Oakk

Oakk Experienced Member

IGN:
    OakiiDoakie
    I do not support the idea of adding /enchant silktouch, this disabled to balance and stabilise the economy. Adding the power to enchant silk touch again would just make it unbalanced once again. I like to idea that some things should be hard and vanilla, also having it disabled makes it less pay to win which I like. You should grind for some stuff, it shouldn't be as easy as typing a single command to get something.

12. Pancake

Pancake syrup x Moderator Premium

IGN:
    GangstaPancake
    In my opinion, silk touch might ruin the economy as grass is the currency on this server. This could cause a lot of confusion that is unnecessary, hence my 'no support', Good suggestion though...