Skyblock Empty Inventory Command

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions' started by nateasham, Dec 11, 2018.

1. nateasham

nateasham Well-Known Member

i often see clear lag has "hit the item limit"my assumption is that this often corresponds with people dropping large amounts of "junk" items. i know i often throw out full inventories of items at a time, which is also time consuming. a command like /delinv, or /empty would save a lot of time and i think may possibly help relive a bit of server lag.

• Support Support x 5
    • Neutral Neutral x 3
    • No Support No Support x 1
  2. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    Why not a command that is /empty "Cobblestone" ?

Support though.

3. WotzWotz

WotzWotz Active Member

IGN:
    Henry6927
    some hacked clients have this ability to .drop, and it drops all items on the floor to save time :)

4. Splat1221

Splat1221 Active Member

IGN:
    SplatBerry
    Support.
    Maybe if I wanna get to mob arena quick tho I keep my discord gear, tools, and block in my inventory. Now I say neutral. xD
    I wouldent mind if a command like this was added.

5. trinity

trinity selene Discord Moderator Premium

IGN:
    sunflow27
    I could see this working and also not, gonna use voter crates for example. So let’s say you get a bunch of keys and you start opening them but you get mostly cobble but you still have the rest of the keys to open, maybe some glass or a rare key something worth keeping, and you ran this command, then it would just delete all of your inventory, the stuff you worked so hard to get. But it would be nice, maybe just where you could select what to keep or delete

6. WotzWotz

WotzWotz Active Member

IGN:
    Henry6927
    wait, ive never seen this, does this mean that u cant drop anymore of that item?

7. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    No it means that he dropped large portions of items, and because of that, clearlag comes out of no where and deletes them so it can lower the lag these items are causing toward the server.

Neutral, I would like where I get to choose what items I want to be emptied/deleted as Mai said. For example I got a whole inventory of bones and two of the slots contain 46 grass and the other contains my silk diamond pickaxe, I would do /empty bone or /di (short for /delinv for example) bone and it would only delete the bones or you can type the id of the bones, like /empty 352.

8. Krissy

Krissy hyyh Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

I'm not sure that having the clearinv command is safe for people to have. I can see a lot of people who could end up deleting their stuff that they wanted because they didn't check.
    As much as throwing stuff out goes, if you want it back, at least it is reversible. Once you destroy your things, they don't come back.
    Storing junk in a chest is a very quick process if you shift click things in so a command to store things fast isn't needed either.
    It won't do a great deal to reduce lag as there are other factors contributing to it.

It just isn't a command I see that is beneficial nor detrimental. No support

9. lowfps10

lowfps10 Active Member

IGN:
    lowfps10
    Support
    Maybe we can have a command /reinv to reverse this in case they realize they dropped something important

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. 52Phenomenon

52Phenomenon Super Moderator Super Moderator Events Manager

IGN:
    52Phenomenon
    I'm neutral on this. It has its uses but I can also see it being a bit of a problem if players don't fully understand that it deletes their items and they can't get them back.

11. Bossgamer

Bossgamer Super Moderator Super Moderator

IGN:
    Bossyy
    Neutral, I'd think this would cause a lot of stress for players who accidentally clear items they actually needed. As much as it would be the player's responsibility, it takes up a lot of the player's and staff's time and would result more harmful than beneficial.
    The only kind of solution I could think of is doing something similar to /lostandfound where it stores the items that you cleared, but in this instance for possibly 24 hours. However, I don't think it is worth the hassle when you can spend 15 seconds of your life placing items into a chest instead.

There a multiple ways to easily clear your inventory, such as putting them into a chest or dropping them on the floor. You could even combine the two and place a hopper on a chest and drop your items into the hopper.

12. K41YU

K41YU ahiru-san Moderator Premium

IGN:
    K41YU
    I think this is way too lazy and unnecessary. Personally I don’t like dropped items just sitting there on my island, I feel like it’s in the way and I’ll just end up walking by and picking them up again. I’d rather toss them into the void or a fire/lava pit. You could try making a longgg stream of water flowing into the void/firey pits so that when you accidentally toss something important, you can get it from the slow moving water. Or set up a dispenser/dropper and confirm everything in there is trash only and then with redstone magics, you press a button/lever it’ll start automatically dispensing everything into the void/firey pits.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  13. Bard

Bard Active Member

IGN:
    Audibility
    No support as I can see many people including myself clearing items I didnt mean to

14. BennyDonut

BennyDonut Active Member Premium

IGN:
    BennyDonut
    Agreed, although it has its use and I will add what if you accidentally delete something and you can't get it back?

15. Monster_Sparklez

Monster_Sparklez Yee yee Bubba Premium Premium

IGN:
    Monster_Sparkles
    Neutral I agree with Bert Krissy 52 and boss plus like /ci people could tell new players to do that and they can lose there items

16. nateasham

nateasham Well-Known Member

the intent was was to keep the items off of the ground.

i get the general concern of actually clearing stuff you wanted as well but its no different than /newisland if you lose it you should have checked. maybe have it require a confirmation with warning like new island then. but i think making it specific to a block/item wouldn't be worth the trouble, nor the length of the command.

So dont make it short like /CI make them fully type out /clearinventory then they know

17. BostonNerdism

BostonNerdism Well-Known Member Premium

IGN:
    BostonNerdism
    or ya know toss ur unwanted items into a lava source or like the void....common sense and also a smarter way to delete stuff.....