Emoji Revamp

Discussion in 'Discussions Archive' started by athyrix, Jan 24, 2021.

?

iOS or Discord emojis for the forums?

Poll closed Jan 25, 2021.
  1. iOS

16.7%
  2. Discord

70.8%
  3. Either works

12.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. athyrix

athyrix Senior Member Premium

Hey Skyblock!
    We're adding and revamping some emojis! But we need your help on choosing the right emojis to use, should we use the iOS emojis or the discord emojis? Let us know what you think by voting on the poll. Thank you!

Votes will close at 15:15 GMT on the 25/01.

Please only comment if you have something that contributes, post farming rules count here.

2. fran

fran pensive Premium

IGN:
    franfiction
    I like both so I wouldn’t mind either, but I guess iOS? It also depends on how easy it is for you to get the emojis. Is there a website you get them from or how do you find them? I’m not sure how it works, but getting them from discord sounds easier. Let me know if you need any help

3. athyrix

(already replied to you in discord but for those others wondering):
    would just be through google images to be honest with you, some websites have the emojis with transparent background and i'd save those and edit to be suitable for our forums. with discord, yes the process is a lot easier as you can open up the emoji directly and it saves. :)

4. fran

fran pensive Premium

IGN:
    franfiction
    Thanks Jamey, my vote goes for discord then. The emojis are a lot simpler (and cuter in my opinion) and it will be a hundred times easier to get them!

5. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    I don't mind which emojis are used. Personally both are great. I think there should be a third option to the poll for people who won't mind of either or. I just want the :eyes: :flushed: :smirk: as those are my favorite emojis for various reasons :flushed:

6. boba

boba modern manifesto Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    If it’s easier for you, that’s what matters. Discord is good. Personally both are fine but we don’t wanna put too much on you so thank you for taking the time in doing this.

7. athyrix

Thank you for your feedback through posts here, as well as for those who have been sending me messages all day!
    Added a third option to cater for this category! : )
    That’s very kind, you’re welcome! :hah:

8. MeowcaTheoRange

MeowcaTheoRange Active Member

IGN:
    GoodcatTheMage
    Use Twemoji (Discord) as it's completely free, open-source, and used by Discord natively, as well as its easy-to-get use case.

You shouldn't use iOS emojis, as those (look like they) are copyrighted (consider this article:\)

While Apple may not crack down on Discord servers and forums as much as they would applications for iOS, if would be better (and easier) to use Discord emojis.

Thank you for your consideration. As I am not a lawyer or professional law 'artist' (?), do NOT take this as legal advice.

9. athyrix

Thanks for this, but the emojis that we would select for the forums are ones that are designed for such things like the forums and not directly from the platforms. :)

10. MeowcaTheoRange

MeowcaTheoRange Active Member

IGN:
    GoodcatTheMage
    ..? What do you mean by this, I don't understand.

11. athyrix

They are non-copyrighted, and free to use emoticons such as the link you provided! Sorry if that was not clear in my original post :thumbsup:

12. Mai

Mai serendipity Discord Moderator Premium Premium

Honestly both would be sick. I feel like Discord Emojis would suit the forums a little better however. IOS Emojis would look a bit out of place hahhahah

13. Slybudda

Slybudda THE GOAT Premium

IGN:
    Slybudda
    Offended that android emojis aren't part of this list, the android variation of :tearsofjoy: is the best thing of all time :sob:.

I like discord emojis the most but either is fine :)

14. Pancake

Pancake syrup x Moderator Premium

IGN:
    GangstaPancake
    Either or, whilst I would rather the discord emojis, I’d be more than happy with either of them. I appreciate you putting in the time to give us some fresh new icons to express our emotions with jamesy :heart:

15. arxh

arxh Well-Known Member

IGN:
    arxh__
    i think that the discord emojis would be better, my reasoning for this is in this poll upload_2021-1-25_13-59-15.png there was a total of 100 people in the people in the poll, 62 people chose apple, and 38 people chose android, but it was done on discord, so i feel like more people will be familiar with the discord emojis :)

16. athyrix

thank you everyone, polling is now closed
    exciting things coming soon :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.