Emma Watson, Books, and Scrambled Eggs

Discussion in 'Introductions & Farewells' started by GTechNerd, Oct 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GTechNerd

GTechNerd Well-Known Member

*says hello in your mother tongue* The name is GTechNerd, but you can call me whatever you want. Most just call me "GTech." Now let's get started.

I am in the IB Program (International Baccalaureate), which is the perfect program to be a part of if you are suicidal or have no life. I love reading, so if you find a good book that is not fanfic or published online, hit me up. I also love science, math, history, and politics, so shoot me an pm if you want to talk. My guilty pleasures include but are not limited to:
    • White boys
    • Neflix/Hulu
    • Kettle cook potato chips
    • Chocolate
    I am a singer and actress, also wish I could dance. My women crushes are Emma Watson, Lana Del Rey, and Shay Mitchell. Man crush is Ian Somerhalder (too bad he's married). My closest friend on the server has to be this guy, DarthBread.

Like almost all of you, I had been fighting my own battles. When I first came to America, I knew barely any English. It was pretty difficult and scary; I was being surrounded by unfamiliar people in a foreign country, eating different food, hearing and speaking another language that I had been learning for only three months, and trying to catch up to my classmates. I was eight at the time, so that didn't exactly provide any relief. Many people mocked me for my horrible English, my accent, my clothes, and my entire existence in general. Being younger and smaller than them made it worse, and the mocking/teasing really changed me. I became more motivated than ever and worked my a** off. Eventually, the countless after-school tutoring sessions and stacks of borrowed library books paid off, and I rose to the top of my class, knocking the insignificant particles out of their high chairs. My eight-year-old past self would have never dreamed of being able to attain the academic achievements I have accomplished in elementary, middle, and high schools.

I would not have done without the sacrifices, effort, encouragement, and love from my parents and teachers. Most of all, I would not have risen to the top without being tripped by the shapeless shadows along the side of the road. Thank you for reading a fragment of my life story. Let it be those mean girls at school or your own demons, keep on fighting and winning.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
  2. anna

anna Well-Known Member

Gtech. <#

3. fathercourt

fathercourt Senior Member

IGN:
    fathercourt
    IAN SOMERHALDER I HAVE A MUG OF HIS FACE

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. GTechNerd

:heart:

5. DarthBread

DarthBread Experienced Member

6. GTechNerd

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. DarthBread

Dead

8. Lycel

Lycel Senior Member

IGN:
    Lycel
    Ah, my parents wanted to make me do the IB, your reaction kinda makes be glad I missed the oppertunity xD
    Anyway, hai GTech ;>

9. GTechNerd

Hi, Lycel! Be glad you didn't choose it. Everyone is dying in my class; a lot of kids have mental breakdowns. Fortunately, I have the forums and music to keep myself sane.

10. Lemonade

Lemonade Boss Member

IGN:
    Lemonade__
    My lord we've had many conversations
    I never knew you weren't born in America though ;o

Anywho, hi HoeTech

11. GTechNerd

LemoBae :heart: People are surprised when they found out that I was born in Vietnam haha. I came here for the education and opportunities that children in Vietnam are derived of. Many of them would kill to get even a fraction of what you guys have (and don't give a f*** about).

12. Lemonade

Lemonade Boss Member

IGN:
    Lemonade__
    If I went there, I'd surely appreciate everything I have much more. However, easier said than done.

13. DarthBread

When you're more worried about Kim Kardashian's butt than your future

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Jess

Jess Senior Member

IGN:
    beautiiful
    Kim's butt is bigger than my future.

15. GTechNerd

• Winner Winner x 3
  16. Nocturnish

Nocturnish Senior Member

Read the Lake of Secrets. It's a very interesting book. I'm always on the edge of my chair because I want to know what happens page after page. It's about a boy named Keith who went missing at the age of 3 and at the present time of the story, he's 21 I believe. (I forgot)

17. GTechNerd

Darth, I still have some passion left in me. Don't make me go off on you now.

18. DarthBread

LOL

19. Lemonade

Lemonade Boss Member

IGN:
    Lemonade__
    Wow, that's truly awful.
    I see what you mean by taking things for granted, and we're here being ignorant and worrying about social issues.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Nocturnish

Nocturnish Senior Member

My friend loves Ian Somerhalder as well. She's met him before and she said he smells like a fresh new car LOL. She also loves the Vampire Diaries and she always tried to get me watching it but I refussseee...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.