Education and Work, what are you working on currently?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Cheshrawr, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Cheshrawr

Cheshrawr Well-Known Member

Can't think of what to do on my homework right now but its stuck on my mind so I thought of this little thing.

What Subjects are you currently studying and what courses are you doing for homework?
    What type of work are you doing and what are you currently working on?

More or less, just a discussion about subjects and work and maybe see if you could get a little more information or connect with other players who are doing the same or similar activities as you.

Edit:
    If you're currently not doing either, what do you wish to pursue?

Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
  2. Cheshrawr

Cheshrawr Well-Known Member

I'm doing 5 subjects this year for my final year of highschool;
    Media, Interactive Media, Informative Technology, Psychology and English.

Media: we're looking at movie conventions
    Interactive Media:
    learning Photoshop (even though we're in year 12 we're still doing basics for some reason, gg)
    Information Technology:
    Going through Manuel and Technological ways to validate tables and such.
    Psychology:
    Awareness/Consciousness and ways to measure them.
    English: Currently reading the play No Sugar.

My homework right now is;
    English:
    "Acts" 1-4 summaries.
    Media: Storyboard for my movie/animation.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
  3. Dewsiee

Dewsiee Boss Member

None. . . I dropped out in April 2015. I tried getting into a new school that was disorganized and rubbish. I ended up not going. Here I am stuck, no job, not in school. Soon I hope to get into a school that will help me get my diploma (Graduate high school). After that, I hope to get a job and start saving up, then I guess I will decide on where to go from there. For now I will stick to hanging out online with my friends. ♥

4. Crystal

Crystal Well-Known Member

I'm working on placement. My teachers want me in all honors, but I'm not sure if I can keep up with that. I'm trying to get into the medical field.

5. luckynumber56

luckynumber56 Well-Known Member

Final year of high school, only the standard courses matter so a lot of my time I spend in "HQ" (got a setup of computers, dual monitors and all we took from a storage room) with the squad, or walking around the school with them doing stupid stuff with an old camcorder we found.
    We've worked on flyers/a website for the school, basically free labor, but currently we're working on a website which we'll be paid for (Except the lady takes forever to get us information...).
    The work I've put in is some coding, bunch o' Photoshop, and for now hosting the site online.
    Outside of school I'm lazy, can't lie. I have a pre-calculus test online right now which I haven't even opened.

That sucks, how many years left in high school?

6. DarthBread

DarthBread Experienced Member

Getting my class schedule put together for high school. Trying to graduate early lmao. Still have no clue what I want to do, possibly law/politics

7. Akrill

Akrill Well-Known Member

Heading into Uni to study psychology (and some medical related courses).
    5 years. Once it's over, I get a license.
    After that, probably some more studying.

Not starting now, but whenever I feel capable of committing to it lol

8. iballisticbunny6

iballisticbunny6 Senior Member

IGN:
    SkyDwag
    Well, my school system is pretty much crap so I have all A's in every single one of my classes. I really don't know what I'm going to study when I get into college but I really want to pursue a career that will help me in life. Like my mom is an IT consultant and my dad is a lawyer so I want to do something like that.
    For homework, I just finished a paper about the invention of the pop-up toaster

9. Chiyami

Chiyami Experienced Member

i'M STILL IN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL KMS

10. Nena

Nena Experienced Member

I'm in the middle grade of my middle school (7th grade). :I

I don't really know what I want to study in college, but I know art will be a side hobby that I want to be good at.

11. Chiyami

Chiyami Experienced Member

oh wait but on the topic of what i want to do later in life, well, i'm planning on doing tattoos, piercings etc, but maybe also a makeup artist.

i lowkey want to be in a band but dreams can only stay dreams .w.;

12. Krissy

Krissy hyyh Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

I am a University student. I do 3 units a semester. I get to study addictions, human behaviour and Aboriginal histories this semester. I am still on holiday but not for long unfortunately :(

13. Hannah

Hannah Boss Member

IGN:
    larrythebird101
    Meh just the regular classes right now (Biology, Geometry, Global History, English 10). Planning next year on taking US History, Trigonometry, and English 11 plus a Criminal Justice class that takes up half my school day. Later go to college and possibly become a forensic scientist.

14. chrix32

chrix32 Active Member

Biology college in HS -_-

15. Gemmalove

Gemmalove Well-Known Member

I'm currently in high school.
    My classes this semester are
    AP Chemistry (took Advanced Chem last semester as the intro)
    Honors English 3
    Honors Advanced Functions and Modeling
    AP Government and Politics

My hardest class is AP Chem, easiest and most interesting is AP Gov Pol. I love debating.
    I also do Science Olympiad and Winter Guard so anyone who does that talk to me omg.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. DarthBread

DarthBread Experienced Member

I did Science Olympiad in 5th grade

17. Gemmalove

Gemmalove Well-Known Member

cool beans. we didn't have it in elementary school, I started doing it in 8th grade.

18. Nocturnish

Nocturnish Senior Member

no please, I don't want to grow up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Joben333

Joben333 Active Member

currently reading romeo and juliet in english and wanting to gouge my eyes out b/c i dont understand anything

20. Myrmwife

Myrmwife Active Member

Well, lets see I am currently working at a store called Winn Dixie. I currently work in the sea food department and the funny thing is that I am allergic to sea food.

In 2007 I earned my A.S. Degree in Criminal Justice and I was working as a federal work study while I was earning my degree. While I was attending I was blessed to be part of an elite group known as the "Igniter Ambassadors", which a is a group of students with G.P.A.'s of 3.5 or higher. We were kinda like the mentors of the school and we helped the students that were struggling.

While I was attending my degree for Criminal Justice I was given the chance to go to modeling school, which was only for 6 months, but it was a life changing experience. This school really taught me stuff that I did not know about myself. These classes really opened new doors for me as well, such as I did not think that I was capable of becoming a model, but I proved myself wrong. I was able to do something that I thought I could not do and the silly thing is that I actually made a little money doing the modeling thing. In all fairness I thought I was going to get laughed at and told "NO" a lot, but I was actually getting offers for modeling ads for many different magazines which I was blessed to book a few, but then reality really smacked me in the face and I ended up having a baby girl. The truth is that I would not trade her for anyone. . . I was proud to be a mama and I have not looked back at the modeling career. . . even if it was really short lived.

In 2014 I earned my B.S. Degree in Paralegal Studies. The really cool thing about earning this degree is that I earned it all online. I was so happy that I was able to learn from home or where ever in the world I was at the time. This degree got me through several deployments with Myrm. . . since he is in the military he tends to deploy every few years. I was also part of the same group of students with high G.P.A.'s. While I was attending this school as I was also fortunate to belong to The National Society of Collegiate Scholars or the NSCS for short.

I am still searching for bigger and brighter ideas out there. I have been told several times you are never too old to go back to school and as you can tell I have listened to my family and friends about going back to school. I do plan to go back again and this time I plan to work on my Masters.

Okay I guess I am done babbling.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2016