Implemented [+ Economy] /rules

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions Archive' started by fran, Jan 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fran

fran pensive Premium

IGN:
    franfiction
    When we do /rules, we get the following message:
    [​IMG]
    I've seen many players complain when they get warned or banned, since the rule they broke doesn't show up in our /rules. Of course, we tell them to read the official server rules in the forums, but most new players don't do it.

Do we want a 30 pages long message taking over our chat whenever we do /rules? I don't think we do. I mean, the thread Server Rules | Skyblock Forums is extremely useful, but too long for the minecraft chat. My suggestion would be to either summarise this rules or..

Whenever we do /rules we'd get a signed book containing all the rules inside of it. This would have a cooldown, probably. It can be as long as we want, and rule-breakers would have no excuse!
    Extra: (Not the most important thing) The book could contain colors to create a friendly environment. I know many players who would be willing to write the rules book (Including me).

————
    Edit: A little update based on some of your comments, especially Blyx mr_oak iballisticbunny6

I believe the rules book should be a starter item, like the book we already have (Welcome to Skyblock book). I don't think it should be obligatory to read since most players would just go to the end and close it. Besides, a test to prove that the players have read the rules would make them lose interest.

Apart from being a starter item, we should get a new book everytime we do /rules, apart from a link to the forum thread.

• Support Support x 7
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
  2. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

The rules need some rewriting so that /rules is up to date and current. More people than we realise use /rules rather than come on the forums, so its important.

3. Monster_Sparklez

Monster_Sparklez Yee yee Bubba Premium Premium

IGN:
    Monster_Sparkles
    Support this would help people understand the rules without having to go to the pain of making and learning how to use forums if there not used to or comfortable with forums and would make it easier for people to follow the rules

4. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    Support,

/warp info has rules and some new players can't find it, it will be good to change /rules.

5. lowfps10

lowfps10 Active Member

IGN:
    lowfps10
    FULL SUPPORT people are saying they didn't break the rules and that they shouldn't have been punished because they looked at /rules, the rules MUST be added to the command.
    Leeeroieee Noobcrew

6. Oakk

Oakk Experienced Member

IGN:
    OakiiDoakie
    When we do /rules it should be a link for the rules here on forums:)

Maybe a link and book :D

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2019
  7. fran

fran pensive Premium

IGN:
    franfiction

Agreed, although new players might just test out servers, and aren't willing to come to our forums page and read it all. I think summarised /rules or a signed book would be more effective. That might just be me, though. Thanks for the feedback!

8. Blyx

Blyx Senior Member

IGN:
    Blyx_
    Support, this idea has been thrown around a lot - but actually is really worthwhile having. It's amazing the amount of people who believe the rules listed under /rules are what are enforced, often leading to confusion when they find there's more that they didn't understand.

Ultimately, having something like this would lead to players knowing what was and wasn't acceptable at the point of logging in - and just encourage more people to read the rules. Especially if you are forced to do something like /rules upon joining before you can speak or something.

9. iballisticbunny6

iballisticbunny6 Senior Member

IGN:
    SkyDwag
    If you did /rules, would you get a new book every time? Since players tend to lose things easily.

I believe that updating the rules and when doing /rules, a link to said thread would be the best option.

10. fran

fran pensive Premium

IGN:
    franfiction
    A little update based on some of your comments, especially Blyx mr_oak iballisticbunny6

I believe the rules book should be a starter item, like the book we already have (Welcome to Skyblock book). I don't think it should be obligatory to read since most players would just go to the end and close it. Besides, a test to prove that the players have read the rules would make them lose interest.

Apart from being a starter item, we should get a new book everytime we do /rules, apart from a link to the forum thread.

(I'll paste this at the end of the thread)

11. Noobcrew

Noobcrew Server Owner Server Owner Administrator

IGN:
    Noobcrew
    I've modified the current /rules a bit, it's not the very best but it displays at least the 5 major rules and is better than what it was before. The book is a very good idea, so we'll leave this thread open and i'll see how I can do that instead.

12. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    Thanks

13. fran

fran pensive Premium

IGN:
    franfiction
    Thanks!

14. Nero_Destruction

Nero_Destruction Active Member

late to the thread, but this is a great idea, full support. :)

never fails to impress me how history repeats itself ;)

15. fran

fran pensive Premium

IGN:
    franfiction
    Can this be locked and archived since it was implemented? :android:

Bossgamer 52Phenomenon Wonkie

EDIT: Nevermind, Noobcrew said he'll leave this open.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
  16. Frez

Frez Shark Super Moderator Premium

IGN:
    frezology
    Thank you for creating a suggestion!
    After looking at it we have decided that we will be adding this feature! We felt like this would improve the game-play by adding it, so your suggestion has been accepted!
    This thread has been locked and moved to Server Gameplay Suggestions Archive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.