Economy Economy crashing theory

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions' started by Ca1, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Ca1

Ca1 Senior Member

I honestly don’t know the cause of the economy crashes. Every time we try to talk on the server it crashes. But perhaps there is some sort of data file that is building up over time at an unnatural rate and needs to be purged, so they should try and clear that. Some people think it is the alts causing lag but the alts have been on the server for a long time and it hasn’t crashed as frequently as it has been recently. We need Leeeroieee or Noobcrew to look at this or at least give us confirmation they are trying to fix the issue because right now we are left in the dark. #SaveEconomy

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Choco Orange

Choco Orange Active Member

First of all get rid of the /baltop command. Every time someone does it, it is searching 125k+ accounts. The recent crashes could be caused by the massive economy plugin or just the amount of islands, most unused, that are on the server. As for alts, I agree they have been there since before crashes but since the cooldown on the /fix command, most have looked at building massive farms to compensate their income, me included. Maybe a limit on farm sizes. Players will always look for the best way to succeed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Pillow

Pillow blanky Premium

IGN:
    Pilberry
    As far as I know they started this by only updating /warp richest.... Not so often. All you have to do is take /warp richest's results and take them into /baltop.
    Yep
    Good idea... for compensate income and make more lag.
    Agree
    Yay

4. Ca1

Ca1 Senior Member

/baltop is a very very intensive command, sometimes you can actually crash the server just by typing it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    In other servers with money currency, There's thousands of players on /baltop which makes servers with money lag, It's not only the economy server we have.

It could be that.

6. PCcoolguy100

PCcoolguy100 Senior Member

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    I could assist with this.

There's been a few crashing exploits recently; I doubt anybody'd be bothered setting it up here because of how many books are needed also shulkers. Eco does not have shulkers.

Another one is just by sending book&quill packets to the server. Tried this on a small a** server and everyone disconnected. I don't think this is the method used as the server would not crash.

In all honesty its probably the afk alts keeping all the massive grinders loaded, putting intensive work on the server.

/baltop. Everyone knows it; I think it should just be a small thing that's updated once a week at /warp richest; but my opinion doesn't matter I guess.