Earning grass - from 0 to 100

Discussion in 'Player Guides' started by Dinglesplat, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Dinglesplat

Dinglesplat Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Dinglesplat
    [​IMG]
    When you first start out, getting your hands on those ever-so-precious blocks can be a strenuous task. I remember when I first started, it took me a month just to earn a stack! But there are definitely ways to speed up the process, and tips to help you keep it longer.

[​IMG]
    There are a few key things you need to do and remember:
    1. Vote on all 3 sites daily - This gets you 3 grass and 3 vote keys, with a chance of even more rewards!
    2. Only spend grass when absolutely necessary - and when you do so, buy at the cheapest price you can!
    3. Only farm profitable items - many items are overfarmed and are hard to make a profit off of!

But what specific ways can you earn it? What items should you farm and sell to players?
    -- Mining Nether Quartz
    While it takes a decent amount of time due to the greatly lowered drop rate of the item, farming nether quartz and selling at about the average price can get you a decent amount of grass blocks, and all you need is an enchanted diamond pickaxe! You can get plenty of these for only 1 grass, so its easy to get started! At this point, you just need to find an island with a public nether portal. Asking in chat should get you to find one easily. Once you have mined up your quartz, sell it at 12-16 per grass block to get your profit!

-- Item Flipping
    Have you ever noticed that someone buys something more expensive than someone sells it? Say someone buys iron 2:1. and someone sells it 5:2. You could make a profit from buying it from the second person and selling it to the first! This method, while hard to find a starting point, can generate humble amounts of grass with almost no effort whatsoever. But make sure they have room in their chest before you go to buy some and sell it to them!

-- Killing Shulkers
    On the top of the tower at /warp hostile, shulkers spawn! While this may take a bit more grass to invest in a sword and armor, you can kill shulkers to get their shells and sell them! The price tends to be a bit iffy but last I checked, selling 4 shells for 1 grass should work and generate profit. The better you are at combat and fighting mobs, the easier this will be for you to earn shulkers. This is also most profitable when other players aren't doing it.

-- Building
    If you are a great builder, or if you don't mind just placing thousands of stone bricks, then this may work for you. Players will pay a lot for you to make cool islands, and they will pay for the materials. If you are great at that, you could earn stacks upon stacks of grass. But if you aren't the greatest, players will also pay you to place thousands of stone bricks. It may seem intimidating, but you can learn to get faster at it, and get grass while doing it. It's very simple as well!

-- Asking for donations
    Some players love to donate grass to new players to help get them going on their new adventure! Setting up a donation hopper or POLITELY asking in chat can help you get grass! Make sure to thank each and every person that donates to you, to show them how much you appreciate their kindness!

Hopefully you are able to find that one of these methods works for you! Best of luck on your adventure, and have a great day!

If you need help earning grass or would like a donation, please dm me on discord (Dinglesplat#8886), or sent me a mail ingame! (DinglesplatBerry)

boba how do i make it pretty, i tried and failed lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Amazing Amazing x 1
    • Cookie Cookie x 1
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
  2. boba

boba modern manifesto Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    This is very well written, formatted and I love your banners! Making it pretty is not key to a good guide but having detailed information and it being organized is!

I love your guide Dingle, thank you for making it :heart:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. alex : (

alex : ( Well-Known Member

IGN:
    _iAlex
    imagine taking notes from someone that has less than a dc of grass :thumbsup:
    kidding ily

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Dinglesplat

IGN:
    Dinglesplat
    Rares included, I have multiple dc’s B)
    Lol but luckily this is mainly for the first 100, to help newbies get started

5. arxh

arxh Well-Known Member

IGN:
    arxh__
    nice guide! buy shulks are at the top of /warp hostile! may wanna edit it

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Dinglesplat

IGN:
    Dinglesplat
    My gosh I'm an idiot! Thanks for notifying me, will change promptly!

7. luka

luka macdondalds Moderator Premium

IGN:
    Houzo
    Nice guide man! Hate when people 'item flip' however... sometimes people actually need those items rather than someone trying to make profit from the re-sall. Good way to make a very marginal profit, but very annoying.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Slybudda

Slybudda THE GOAT Premium

IGN:
    Slybudda
    THIS WHOLE THREAD LOOKING SNAZZY!
    Good job! this is beneficial to new players and I really hope more people read it when feeling stuck :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. eunice

eunice epiphany Premium

Loved this dingle, great thread :heart:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. UrsusMaiorus

UrsusMaiorus Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    love the thread dingle but id take the asking for donations off we don't want to encourage annoying behavior

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. luka

luka macdondalds Moderator Premium

IGN:
    Houzo
    It's cute when people ask for donations sometimes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Pancake

Pancake syrup x Moderator Premium

IGN:
    GangstaPancake
    Great guide dingle! Love how it’s straight to the point and yet very detailed! Well done on this one!

• Friendly Friendly x 1