Duping Scandal

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Mai, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Mai

Mai serendipity Discord Moderator Premium Premium

Hello everyone!

I wanted to talk about my past a little bit as I don’t think I’ve properly and fully addressed what had happened yet. Some of you may know about this already, but some may not.

Back in 2017, I was on the server with Krissy and at that point she said how she was likely going to quit, and I was trying to convince her to stay because she was needed within this community. She asked me whether I wanted to know a secret that she had been keeping for a while and of course I said yes. Then, she got on an alt and dropped a whole bunch of rare items and said to throw them in the void and told me how she got them as well, but then she asked whether or not I wanted the items to keep. I made the wrong decision of saying yes, because having a lot of rares seemed pretty exciting to me at the time, so I decided to keep them.

I was given stacks of rare heads, beacons, nether stars, and other rare items, most of which had originally come from an ex-staff member who had the /more command which allowed them to dupe special heads from drop parties and such. The rest of the items came from a chest shop glitch.

When Cyp found out about the items, he mentioned me on the Discord server calling me out for what I had done. I was completely honest about having the items, but what had annoyed him was that every time he asked me who had given me the items, I told him it didn't matter although he already knew it was Krissy and I knew that. This caused him to ban me off the Discord and the server and he deleted my island in-game. Only my island was deleted.

This made me extremely frustrated because I was the only one who had their island deleted. It felt unfair to me at the time, knowing that I had the least to do with the actual duping.

I felt as if I was the least involved in this and yet I got the worst punishment, which was a year ban on the Discord server, and a two year ban on /classic. I was frustrated because everyone else who duped the items either got no punishment, or got unbanned within a month whereas my ban lasted years.

This entire situation caused me to sort of act out on the server which lead to me being disrespectful to some players here. I posted on someone's profile and said some hurtful things to them. I have also argued with a staff member over a mute that I had gotten. I did apologize for both incidents in the end.

With that being said, I want to let everyone know that I understand how big of an issue me accepting those items was and I should've never been involved in that situation. I know how much something like this could hurt the server, so what I did is something I deeply regret. I completely understand how serious it was.

My frustration towards the server and certain players here was definitely uncalled for. I got myself into issues that I should've stayed away from, and I may have even hurt some people here. I should have handled how I felt a little better instead of making the situation worse for myself just because I felt like I was treated unfairly.

I have never openly spoke about this issue, except a few mentions here and there. I didn't really talk about this because people didn't really ask most of the time, so it didn't feel like it was necessary for me to bring it up. However, I always knew it was wrong to hold the duped items and never doubted it was a severe breach of the server rules. I have never denied my involvement either. I just didn't want to be known as a duper because I didn't physically dupe. This may have given people the impression that I was denying that I did something wrong, which is not the case.

Firstly, I would like to apologize to everyone for what I have done and the things I did that may have hurt the server and it's economy. I am sorry for breaking the rules when I knew them very well. I knew what I was doing was wrong, but went ahead anyway and I genuinely regret accepting the items. I never should have done that.

Secondly, I would like to apologize to the entire staff team, past and present. I made your job a lot harder and I caused you to lose trust in me. I respect you all and the work you do very much, and I hope that I can prove myself once again and earn your trust back.

Lastly, I am sorry to everyone I have disrespected or hurt in the past. It was wrong of me and nothing can justify any of it. I shouldn't have done or said the things I did. I sincerely apologize.

I want everyone to know that I have grown and changed since then, and I will not make any mistakes like I did in the past. I never intended to purposely hurt the server, I am sorry it seemed that way.

I want you all to know this, and although it was in the past, I understand if you have your reservations about me. I will continue working hard to show you that you can trust me and that I am not the same person as I was in 2017.

Thank you all for taking the time to read this, and once again I am truly sorry.

• Friendly x 15
    • Like x 2
    • Amazing x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Bad Spelling x 1
    • Cookie x 1
  2. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

I just wanted to let everyone know a few things regarding the scandal. Firstly Mai asked if it was alright to identify me in this thread and I agreed. Secondly I would like to explain my involvement briefly as some may wonder how I got staff again and avoid rumours.

I was in possession of a lot of rare items which were duplicated back when I was a super mod. However I slowly was feeling burnt out and wanted to leave so I was going to void the rares. Instead, I offered Mai all of them but found myself unable to bring myself to resign. When all was revealed I was banned off the server and discord (I got demoted around 3 days before this incident). I was unbanned within a month on this incident then worked on becoming staff again and making amends.

Thank you for being open an honest about this, it isn't easy putting yourself up for scrutiny like that.

• Friendly Friendly x 8
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. fran

fran pensive Premium

IGN:
    franfiction
    Enough said. This was 3 years ago. I don't think I used to talk to you or Krissy 3 years ago, but I've known you for a fair amount of time now, and I know what kind of people you are. You're both friendly, funny, and mature overall. You are a good person and so is she.

Honestly, I'm sure most of us have thought about duping in the past. After all, the idea of getting many items for free on a game may seem tempting at first. However, all that matters now is that you both have been punished for your actions and were able to learn from them.

Thank you, Mai, for being completely honest about this incident. I understand how hard this may be, especially while being an applicant and knowing people may use this against you in your application. I'm sure anyone who takes two seconds to talk to you will realize that you are definitely no longer capable of doing these actions.

See you around :heart:

• Friendly Friendly x 5
  4. boba

boba modern manifesto Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Hey Mai,

It’s actually a very nice thing that you opened up about this. This is something I’d never imagine you or Krissy doing because both of you guys are very nice and very helpful. Though, this doesn’t change my thoughts about you or Krissy. It’s a mistake and they happen. No one is perfect. This just shows how honest you are which is amazing. Take care, Boba :heart:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Mai

Although it was years ago, I felt that I needed to address this so that people within the community don't think that I took the situation lightly and I want everyone to know that I am sorry.

Everything you said means a lot to me. Things have definitely changed since then and yes, I have learned from my past mistakes.

It definitely was a bit tough to fully bring this up again, but I felt I had to be completely transparent with everyone.

Thank you for reading the thread and for still seeing me the same.
    I appreciate all that you have mentioned. ♡

I'm glad you think so. Thank you for taking the time to read what I had to say, and for understanding where I was coming from. I appreciate it. ♡

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Louiemar

Louiemar Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Louiemar
    The past doesn't define us and i know you have grown and changed since then. You don't have to worry about that it was 3 years ago. Thank you for being honest :heart:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Porky

Porky Active Member

everyone likes the idea of duping, not that it’s right tho. gj on opening up :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Mai

Thank you for saying that Louie! ♡

Yeah definitely wasn't the right call. Thank you for reading and understanding!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    Yeah don't worry Mai and Krissy about this. We all make mistakes in our lives and it's ok as we, humans, aren't perfect. Also I already knew about this for a long while so it's nice to let it all out ❤❤

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Mai

Thank you Bert. Means a lot.

• Cookie Cookie x 1
  11. PCcoolguy100

PCcoolguy100 Senior Member

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    ^^ This

I remember mid and late last year I was banned for duping - things I want to forget. I really understand how the lure of having a lot of rares and being rich can come to you accepting that offer - which is different to me, who learnt of a dupe and heavily abused that dupe. There's a major difference and I'm aware of it, and it's brave to let everyone know about it in one go.

Thanks for coming clean.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    I wasn't aware this was going on, let alone Krissy would be involved. But I did notice some things such as Krissy being banned and demoted, Mai being banned on discord only to return a year or so later. When she did come back some of us (including me) were happy to see her back and were wondering where she went. That's all I remember until today when you posted the thread.

You certainly made the right choice to come out and express your regret. This doesn't change my view about you nor krissy. I think you're both important (though Krissy can get on my nerves a few times no hate aussie daddy :heart:).

How he treated you and the situation was just plain grudge against you. If he decided to remove your island and ban you, he should've done the same thing for the other offenders or unbanned you after a month like he did with the other people. You should've deserved a better treatment and it makes me sad, not as a friend but as a player.

Anyways it was a good read and it feels hurtful that cyp would treat you like that. It doesn't surprise he has been involved with some controversies.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. ProPorkOfficial

ProPorkOfficial Well-Known Member

IGN:
    ProPork
    Mai I haven't known you for long since I only saw you join back (I believe) last month and you seemed very nice in the server and on Discord. This doesn't define who you are since this happened so long ago and, yes apologizing is important if it's to the people that felt the need for it, but it's also important to know that you did the right thing by explaining how you felt. What you posted here doesn't change the fact that you a really nice and enjoyable person. Cyp didn't do the best thing by deleting only your island and I can definitely see now that he had more flaws in being co-owner than just the d400 thing. You deserved better, but don't be sorry to everyone. You were punished unfairly and something was done about that, albeit for a different reason.

You's amazing mai keep being you :heart:!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  14. Mai

Doing something like that is definitely "tempting" in a way, but when losing to temptation, the best thing to do is learn from it.
    I'm glad you talked about your story too. It's brave of you to do so as well.
    Thank you for reading and understanding what I had to say.

I definitely felt unfairly treated at the time, but I took it out on the wrong people and should never have acted out like I did in the past.
    What you said makes me feel relieved because I think you get where I was coming from when it comes to the difference in treatment. However, I'm just glad to be back on here and glad I got given a second chance to come back to the Discord server and /classic server once again.
    I'm happy I completely moved on from that incident and will just keep working hard to earn back the trust that I have lost.
    Thank you for taking your time to read and respond, means a lot.

This means a lot to me.
    I'm happy you think of me this way. I'm also glad I got to give my entire side of the story to the server and apologize for what I've done. I think Cyp could have handled things a little better but then again, I should have never accepted the items.
    Thank you so much. ♡

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Jess

Jess Senior Member

IGN:
    beautiiful
    Is this the Minecraft version of a Twitter notes app apology?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Mai

yessir

• Like Like x 1
  17. KhalDrogo

KhalDrogo Experienced Member

IGN:
    Drogo
    Not the first time an island has been deleted for actions steming from staff action/inaction.
    Drogo feels this should never happen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. poggers

poggers Senior Member

This is the equivalent to a war crime

19. PCcoolguy100

PCcoolguy100 Senior Member

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    Oh dear

Then I have committed many war crimes O_O

• Agree Agree x 1