Accepted Dummy appeal

Discussion in 'Appeals Archive' started by DUMMYBEAR, Dec 19, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DUMMYBEAR

DUMMYBEAR Member

IGN:
    DUMMYBEAR
    • Punished account name: DUMMYBEAR
    • Platform or server punished on: Skyblock
    • Have you read the rules? yes
    • Do you think this punishment was incorrect? yes
    • Why should you be unbanned? I wasn't aware this would be ground for any sort of punishment and I've been somewhat actually trying recently to be on better behavior
    • Please list any other times you were punished on Skyblock: history of being muted and banned in the past
    • If you know, tag the staff member that banned you: @Meggann
    • Do you understand and accept our rules and code of conduct? yes

I've actually been trying to be on better behavior recently due to wanting to open my shop and I wasn't aware saying "gayboi" would be grounds for punishment let alone 30 days and I now know not to even step in that area again. And I am sorry it wont happen again.

2. Pancake

Pancake syrup x Moderator Premium

IGN:
    GangstaPancake
    Megan, this one’s yours x

3. Novembree

Novembree Super Moderator Super Moderator

IGN:
    Novembree
    Hi DummyBear, thanks for your appeal. I will be handling this as I requested your ban. Let me address your key points in your appeal.

You calling someone "gayboi" is not only offensive and discriminatory, but also homophobic. Comments such like these are not tolerated on skyblock and we take them very seriously. You broke our rules concerning disrespectful comments and headings 4 + 6 in our code of conduct, therefore your ban was valid. For your reference, click on the spoilers to read these specific rules. I want to make it very clear; any comment that slanders, judges or is discriminatory towards any group of people is not allowed.

Skyblock Rules

Code of Conduct Headings 4 + 6

Thank you for your apology, but with your history of warnings, mutes, and bans you should already know that what you said broke our rules, you should not claim this punishment was "incorrect". You have repeatedly disregarded our code of conduct and rules in the past so I have a hard time trusting that you won't do it again.

To continue in your appeal, please explain to me in your own words what our rule about disrespectful comments and headings 4+6 mean in our code of conduct. Please also explain how you plan on improving your behaviour in the future and whether you will comply with the rules of Skyblock from now on.

Thank you,
    Bree

4. DUMMYBEAR

DUMMYBEAR Member

IGN:
    DUMMYBEAR
    In my own words I would say the code of conduct says do not discriminate anyone based off of their believes, ideologies or orientations whether it actually applies to them or not. and how I personally be trying to prevent doing this in the future is to think if what I am going to say would be considered risky/upset anyone greatly or potentially get me banned again even if its an obvious joke, some people will still be offended and/ or report me. I will also re-read this part of the rules because I want to make sure I don't cross the line while still having fun with my friends so I will see what I shouldn't do while still being able to communicate in my own words. Novembree

5. Novembree

IGN:
    Novembree
    Hi Dummy, thanks for your response. Sorry, I had irl things to attend to the past day so I haven't had time to write back. Nevertheless, please don't pressure me to respond (eg: dm'ing me like you did), I will not forget about open appeals. I will respond when I can.

Thank you for your explanation of the rules, I trust that you will take them to heart and will apply them to your behaviour. Please keep in mind, any future slip ups will result in a worse punishment considering your history.

As of late, I have seen you get in verbal arguments with other players and have generally caused issues when the subject should've been dropped. Please be aware that while joking around is fine, you should not cross the line into invoking arguments.

Before we proceed further, please confirm that you have re-read all our rules listed here and our code of conduct written here. Once you have done so, I will request an unban on your behalf trusting that you will not continue in your disruptive and disrespectful behaviour.

Thank you,
    Bree

6. DUMMYBEAR

DUMMYBEAR Member

IGN:
    DUMMYBEAR
    How do I confirm that I’ve re read the rules, I just did and also I never meant to rush you I just said that I finished the appeal and once you said you’d look at it I said mhm. But I wont do that again if I’m not suppose to.

7. Novembree

IGN:
    Novembree
    Just tell me here that you have re-read the rules/code of conduct. A simple "I have" etc.

8. DUMMYBEAR

DUMMYBEAR Member

IGN:
    DUMMYBEAR
  9. Novembree

IGN:
    Novembree
    Thank you. I trust that from now on you will follow these rules we have laid out. I have requested an unban, so please be patient for one of my mentors to do so. Welcome back.

10. Novembree

IGN:
    Novembree
    Thank you for creating an appeal, your appeal has been accepted!
    Please make sure that you read our rules here before continuing on as normal!
    Thread closed and moved to Appeals Archive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.