Drogo's grass/gold/trade system for trade shops.

Discussion in 'Discussions Archive' started by KhalDrogo, Jan 19, 2016.

1. KhalDrogo

KhalDrogo Experienced Member

IGN:
    Drogo
    As many know, trade shops are restrictive in that they only allow you to sell one stack of anything at a time.
    This has made trade shops useless for selling things like stone and Ender pearls which aren't worth one grass for a stack.

Drogo has discovered a work around that allows trade shops to sell greater volumes at acceptable prices.
    It makes use of gold nuggets as a way to split the value of the grass. This requires an initial outlay to buy the gold nuggets, which you keep recycling.
    The easiest way to show how this works is with this video in which Drogo sells a single chest of stone for 6 grass.

Drogo sells the gold nuggets for the same price as at /warp grass so there is no risk of losing your nuggets. If someone buys them all, then you get the grass to buy them back.
    All you need to do now is to move the gold nuggets back to it's tradeshop and restock.

NOTE: If people use their own gold or they buy it from warp grass, then you may end up with a surplus of gold. Drogo doesn't see this happening too much but be prepared if it does. gold still has decent value any way.
    Also only sell gold nuggets at the rate of 1 grass per 9 nuggets. If you sell it cheaper, people will just buy you out and you lose out. If you sell it for more people will just get it from /warp grass and you will end up with a surplus.

Drogo hopes this helps you all to make better use of the trade shop system and sell more stuff..... like banners, I mean who really thinks they are worth one grass each?

As far as selling stone goes, you all know know Drogo's price so you decide if that is worth your time....... :p.
    Drogo also sells 40 Ender pearls for 1 grass using this system so /visit Drogo anytime you need stone or Ender pearls.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
  2. FrostyPlays

FrostyPlays Active Member

Coolio :) Nice trade system by the way.

3. chrix32

chrix32 Active Member

Half of the point is to make smaller islanders able to find a source of grass or Dias. Anyways, wow your stone gen I need to see it

4. EquineShanghai

EquineShanghai Experienced Member

IGN:
    EquineShanghai
    Cmon, it's h
    is only secret on this server :t

5. Tribal

Tribal Experienced Member

Loving the third person, cool system though. :3

6. Lz

Lz Well-Known Member

genius.

7. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    Drogo thanks you. Drogo has made much grass in last few days since implementing this!

8. Cal

Cal Active Member

Callie finds drogo genius

9. Danisonic

Danisonic Active Member

But, people would just buy them from warp trade, and you would end up with too much gold. There is no gold nugget to grass system.

10. EquineShanghai

IGN:
    EquineShanghai
    I use it... Ty

11. EquineShanghai

IGN:
    EquineShanghai
    Then don't buy so much gold? Idk

12. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    Most of Drogo's sales are through repeat customers who know they can get the gold at the same price at Drogos trade shop so its far more convenient. Since implementing a few weeks ago Drogo's gold count has not changed much at all.
    Drogo's Grass count has gone through the roof though so Drogo thanks all his happy customers

13. Peopleoni1

Peopleoni1 Active Member

Every time I look in my stone chest and there's like 1 stack of stone I'm always like, ugh lettme type in chat I'm buying a DC of stone. But then I remember you and buy from you :p

14. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    Drogo is happy to be saving you the effort of finding sellers (who will only charge more :p)