Double the Mutes & Bans! :)

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Saai, Jul 15, 2018.

1. Saai

Saai Active Member

Aight,

Today a Helper told me that ALL my mutes and bans will be doubled from now on.

Although I did apparently get warned/kicked 20+ times, this was rarely because I offended anyone personally, but mostly because of saying the word 'fookin', or the word 'wtf'' (while others rarely get warned/kicked). I know that this is not tolerated, but I have never been muted/banned except for only one mute today, after which this helper immediately told me about my mutes being doubled. Isn't it absurd to double all my mutes and bans, if I have never even been muted or banned before?* If a helper is really fed up with me, I should have been muted or banned by this person way sooner, and that is not my fault, but this person's.

Take Mechanism (also known as Sabbath) for example, a person who played on the classic server. He was very racist, and expressing neo-nazi opinions. (this person rarely got kicked/banned because the staff was never online). If he got banned, it was usually for a few days. I have never heard of anyone getting all his/her mutes and bans 'doubled'.

My question is; is a helper allowed to decide that all my mutes and bans will be doubled, after I have only been muted once and never have been banned because of chat reasons? The helper also said that I can get banned for 62 days now, is this even possible?

Thanks

~ Saai (Skylord)

*I did get banned one time for rate abuse on the forums, didn't even know that that existed at that time.

2. Xethorias

Xethorias Senior Member

IGN:
    Xethorias
    lol okay
    well a helper is basically, if you didn't know, a staff member so yeah they can do whatever they want >.<

3. Krissy

Krissy hyyh Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

You have 20+ warnings but instead of stopping the behaviour you obviously still continued. So of course your punishments are going to get harsher.

I’m sure by double they mean if a punishment is usually a 15 min mute then it will become a 30 min mute etc.

A helper is a staff member and thus can decide to punish a repeat offender more harshly.

Now if you were a rule abiding player then this thread wouldn’t be necessary so I don’t feel sympathetic. Follow the rules and stop complaining about punishments

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Saai

Saai Active Member

It's not about if he is a helper or a moderator here. Its about of it is sound to double all of someone's mutes and bans after someone has only been muted once and never banned.

5. Xethorias

Xethorias Senior Member

IGN:
    Xethorias
    Why not?
    Clearly you did something wrong and this is clearly the end result...

@laini

6. Saai

Saai Active Member

You're talking about a 15 minute mute being doubled to a 30 minute mute here, but the person explicitely talked about a 62 day ban here because of bypassing the filter.

I didn't ask for sympathy either, I asked a question. If I obviously kept on disobeying the rules, why didn't the helper mute/ban me sooner? It's not just 'making the punishment harsher' either, there's a big gap between a first mute and a possible 62 day mute/ban.

This helper will no longer be able to mod me directly anyways, so I'm fine now. Thanks for your response.

7. Saai

Saai Active Member

It's not that 'clearly'. Also, I've talked to Laini already so no there is no need to tag her.

8. Xethorias

Xethorias Senior Member

IGN:
    Xethorias
    i have every right to tag her lol

9. Saai

Saai Active Member

I didn't say you don't have the right to tag her, I said there is no need to. lol.

10. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    Well y'know as a repeat offender and well you breaking some rules, the punishment would of course get harder, either doubled or tripled or who knows. As long as you don't break the rules there won't be any punishment. And I believe since mods can ban up to a month only (I'm not sure, correct me if I'm wrong), they can ban you twice for 31 days after your first month ban ends, they ban you another time or they let some higher staff banning u for 62 days if they have he perms.

11. Saai

Saai Active Member

It's hard to not break the rules when a certain helper kicks you for 'spamming' while saying someone's name twice in a row.

12. MrABGold

MrABGold Active Member

IGN:
    MrABGold
    I’m not sure if the @laini was a joke or not but if you wanted Laini, her tag is now Kyrxu