Do you miss Classic?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Triggered, May 23, 2020 at 4:54 PM.

?

Do you miss the Classic server?

1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    81.3%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  1. Triggered

Triggered Active Member

IGN:
    Triggered
    I just recently read needtorename ‘s thread:
    Sell - Extremely Rare Old 2014 Unplaced Bunny | Skyblock Forums
    And honestly nostalgia really hit me. It got me thinking, does anybody else really miss classic, why or why not? Why not tell us your favorite classic memories.

One of my favorite memories was rares trading. Oh my god, trading on classic was one of the best things ever. It was a hobby to me. It was honestly apart of my life back then. Highest I ever reached was about 10K+ in diamonds and rares. I miss diamonds being 23 grass and not 3-5. I can’t stop talking about how fun rares trading was on Classic. Another thing I miss is my coop, michael1234. Him and I were the dream team, I met him when I was a donor50 and he was a greenbean. Yes, I met Michael when he didn’t even have a donor rank! We later cooped and went on to continue rares trading and making an amazing island which you can still visit with the command /visit triggered. Another favorite memory was being a moderator. The support you got from the community was amazing, just knowing you can put a smile to someone’s face by helping them out with a grief or scam, it was nice. I remember when people would do drop parties at the old spawn with the waterfall. I remember when I first started and thought god items were extremely rare, only to find out donor100+ practically have an infinite source of them. I remember my first ever rare on classic was Soap. Anyways, enough about my classic stories.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Cookie Cookie x 1
  2. needtorename

needtorename Epic Skyblock Youtuber Premium

IGN:
    needtorename
    Classic rares.. you had to try hard your butt a lot to get a dp head.. cause diamonds were hard to get and buy a dp head like a notch head worth 1,5k diamonds, i miss the community in 2016 and the old good moderators, my starter noob islands and the fun tbh, /skyblock now is a p2w :( and the antagonism between players about who is the richest kinda sucks, oh well, classic gang will be a good memory
    Early 2016 player-

3. Kai776

Kai776 Member

IGN:
    Kai776
    I miss it, I love the more vanilla experience with grinding farms and cobble, I’m not saying that doesn’t happen on /Skyblock but for some reason that’s what made me love classic

• Like Like x 1
  4. Togpuss

Togpuss STAY Premium Premium

IGN:
    Togpuss
    Is this even a question? Of course I miss classic. It's the place where this server first built itself up from nothing. There were so many iconic moments on classic.

This video featuring BertBerry and @Lz_ being one of them.
    Despite having such great times on classic, I know some people are going to hate me saying this but- I'm actually starting to prefer the new server.

5. needtorename

IGN:
    needtorename
    2017 Classic, video was made by me on my main greek channel

• Like Like x 1
  6. BertBerry

BertBerry Curse you Perry!! Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    I remember this! Lz offered me dias for my kit and I was like r u srs? R u srs? I was so happy omg! Gosh I miss classic :_:

7. WhatsUpDoc

WhatsUpDoc Eh What's Up Doc? Premium

IGN:
    WhatsUpDoc
    Oh yeah I miss classic big time, I played there before I switched to the new server

8. Togpuss

Togpuss STAY Premium Premium

IGN:
    Togpuss
    I always watch it and consider 128 diamonds not a ridiculous amount. But if you take into account that classic diamonds were worth more than 20 grass each back then, it sounds like a lot more. The diamond economy truly has taken a turn for the worst.

9. JJ54KES

JJ54KES Member

I loved classic and yeah it was such hard work especially with no hoppers.
    Hoppers was one thing that made me think the new skyblock would be great, and it is.
    But inevitably massive amounts of items were easily collected and slowly but surely item values came down and down until were at the point now where for 1g people sell 1000’s of items, which in my opinion detracts from the game , the economics, and increases lag.
    So yeah Classic was just that Classic.
    It’s all well and good giving new features but I think more thought should have been given as to the consequences.
    The lag on Skyblock is unreal and the constant efforts of the devs to reduce it is honerable but futile, we have seen features stripped and limits introduced then more limits.
    Next will be total hopper removal and well then we might as well be back on classic eh lads

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Mai

Mai joonie Premium

Yeah I really do miss classic. It's where it all began tbh and I often feel nostalgic when I think back at how fun times were back then. There's just something about classic that can't be replicated I feel like.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. JJ54KES

JJ54KES Member

I have a nice collection of rares there too, I’m on my phone atm but I’ll post some pics of my rare chest tomorrow if anyone is interested

12. Triggered

Triggered Active Member

IGN:
    Triggered
    Honestly true facts... classic rares actually required hard work. Rares trading on classic was extremely fun.
    Haha I completely agree.
    That will never be forgotten
    Incredible video!
    Same :)
    I really have to agree with you here! I miss the environment Classic had. It just isn’t the same with the new server, not saying it’s bad but it’s just not Classic. Also I would love to see your rares!
    I agree with your last words “classic can’t be replicated”, I really miss classic and sometimes I wish it didn’t completely die when the new server was released. It’s good now though, I like the new server I just miss the good old classic.

13. JJ54KES

JJ54KES Member

Time management And ingenuity were key, we’ve lost that somewhere along the line, the skills gained in classic made excelling in Skyblock a breeze. But as I said earlier the numbers are getting way too high like I need a 12,000 dc storage lmao

• Like Like x 1
  14. Triggered

Triggered Active Member

IGN:
    Triggered
    I’m not a big farmer of any sort but I just know this is true given hoppers and redstone is enabled unlike classic where redstone was barely a thing. Just classic things :(

15. JJ54KES

JJ54KES Member

As promised

Attached Files:

• Amazing Amazing x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. needtorename

IGN:
    needtorename
    What is that custom easter bunny head?

17. Athyrix

Athyrix Moderator Staff Member

IGN:
    Athyrix
    Moved to discussion because this is something related to the server. :)
    -
    I really miss the fact that diamonds aren't worth much at all, throwback to when they peaked at 25 grass each. Man I would've preferred diamonds on Skyblock now to be around 10-15 grass!

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Entriquietal

Entriquietal c; Premium

IGN:
    Entriquietal
    1st row 4th column looks like 2016 Easter Bunny. 2nd row 2nd column looks like the rare 2014 Bunny :eek:

19. needtorename

IGN:
    needtorename
    Oh my bad i forgot the 2017 bunny head

20. Triggered

Triggered Active Member

IGN:
    Triggered
    Is that 2014 bunny placed or unplaced? :eek:

• Informative Informative x 1