Declined [Discord] More Fun Discord suggestions[Off-Topic]

Discussion in 'Other/Uncategorized Suggestions Archive' started by Krissy, Jul 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

Self Ranks:
    Bot required: YAGPDB
    Now yes, mineverse discord has this. The difference is we can use self ranks in a way that people can find useful. This bot allows you to use a reactions to assign ranks.
    This is what it could look like:
    [​IMG]

We could have this kind of menu for the games people play (some of the more popular ones).

Bonus Ideas:
    - No life colour change perk (using the bot to assign a different colour)
    - Special rank options for loyal members +

Benefits:
    - The menu provides an easy way for users to assign roles
    - A nice way to show what games people play for better discussions
    - Makes the server feel more personalized

Cons:
    - May end up having users with a lot of ranks (unless you place restrictions on the number of roles you can get
    - Bot pm's users upon being assigned a rank
    View attachment 147945

Giveaways:
    Bot Required: GiveawayBot

In the spirit of community engagement this bot is a nice way to make giveaways. Players can request an admin to create a giveaway or perhaps monthly competitions can be held for buycraft vouchers, forums premium or even in game items.

Other bots:
    Tatsumaki - A Discord Bot! : A bot that has its own global level system that some users will appreciate and fun extra commands that could have its own little channel for

Pokécord : For the pokemon fans, a fun bot that allows you to catch pokemon that will randomly appear and you can choose your starter pokemon and get collecting. Should only be used in a specific channel and disabled in all other channels

TriviaBot: An open-source trivia bot for Discord! : I mean trivia is fun. Something entertaining to do

Dank Memer | Discord Bots : Dank memer bot (the website hurts my eyes oof) to replace the meme bot that was deleted

In short, there are a lot of things that could really make the discord more enjoyable and personalised that should be looked at. Unlike the forums, discord is one of those places that players tend to access easier and an inviting environment may make people stay.

I, as someone who knows my way around these bots can be of assistance at any point

• Support Support x 4
  2. Elpacer

Elpacer Active Member

Full support, giveaways seem fun! :)

3. MrABGold

MrABGold Active Member

IGN:
    MrABGold
    I fully support too, very fun and engaging I guess! :)

4. athyrix

athyrix Senior Member Premium

I like the rank and competition ones, the other ones just seem a bit off. Support though.

5. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

The other bots are simply to give people something to do. Not really useful but good to try and encourage better chat rather than toxic nonsense we get

6. Krissy

bump

7. Leeeroieee

Leeeroieee Well-Known Member Premium

IGN:
    Leeeroieee
    Thank you so much for taking the time to make a suggestion!

This section is intended for suggestions involving server gameplay mechanics. We are unable to consider any other kinds of suggestions in this section at this time.

This thread has been moved to the Suggestions Archive. If you are dissatisfied with this action, please report this post, and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it.

Kind regards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.