Accepted Discord Mass Ping Ban

Discussion in 'Appeals Archive' started by 1stMidnight, Feb 9, 2021.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1stMidnight

1stMidnight Active Member

• Punished Discord name & tag (e.g Name#0000): Midnight#5090
    • Punishment message: No ban message.
    • Have you read the Discord rules? Yes.
    • Do you think this punishment was incorrect? Absolutely not, just a partial misunderstanding and a severe lapse in my judgement.
    • Why should you be unbanned/unmuted? I was banned for mass pinging. Someone else was mass pinging and the messages got instantly deleted. I had zero idea it sent ghost pings, so I thought it was funny just to copy paste it and see it get deleted. I was banned without a reason or a time. Even if I don't get immediately unbanned, I just wish for an actually ban time. I've already waited a few weeks to post this to serve out some time.
    • Please list any other times you were punished on the Skyblock Discord: I think I've been muted once or twice but nothing serious.
    • If you know, tag the staff member that punished you: I think it was fran.
    • Do you understand and accept the Skyblock Discord rules and our code of conduct? Yes.

2. (NS)

(NS) Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Kyrxu
    Sorry about the late reply. I'll be the one handling your appeal. Yes, you were mainly banned for the mass pings. If you didn't know that they sent ghost pings, that's fine. I'll believe you this time. Common sense not to do it again.

You are not only banned for that, you have multiple inappropriate comments that were also caught. It's common sense not to say these things in SB chat. If you'd like proof, I can provide it.

I understand that there was no ban time present, that's only because it was assumed that you would appeal because you are an active member in our community. I'm willing to give a ban end date if you'd respond addressing the inappropriate/sexual comments you posted leading up to your ban.

3. 1stMidnight

I don't know what comments you are talking about. Can you please tell me what I said? I'm not denying I said something, I make a LOT of stupid jokes, but if you could be specific that would be nice.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
  4. (NS)

(NS) Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Kyrxu
    It's all good, you're entitled to proof.
    Screenshot - bf4b735c3e45d9bc37694409ba0abd2d - Gyazo
    I have some older comments as well, but you weren't caught for those.
    Screenshot - 09702c1f4720fd799a1f2e5a5d0b0d18 - Gyazo
    I just want you to address the first one. It's a pg server, you know that. Even if you delete these comments, you shouldn't be saying them in general where everyone can see them.

5. 1stMidnight

tbh I have no idea why I said that and was just trolling. I'll honestly take a text channel mute, all I really care about are VCs.

6. (NS)

(NS) Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Kyrxu
    You understand that you shouldn't be saying that? Even if you're just trolling.
    There are no mutes solely for text or voice, if you're muted you're muted everywhere.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
  7. 1stMidnight

Yes, I do understand this and I will refrain from this behavior in the future.

8. (NS)

(NS) Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Kyrxu
    Alright, glad to hear it. You're unbanned now, the invite link is discord.gg/sb
    Welcome back, expect you not to engage in this behaviour again. Thanks for your cooperation.

9. eunice

eunice epiphany Premium

Thank you for creating an appeal, your appeal has been accepted!
    Please make sure that you read our rules here before continuing on as normal!
    Thread closed and moved to Appeals Archive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.