Denied Discord Ban

Discussion in 'Appeals Archive' started by Jack <3, Apr 17, 2021.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack <3

Jack <3 Member

• Punished Discord name & tag (e.g Name#0000): Foxxx#7809
    • Punishment message: Breaking our code of conduct, inappropriately contacting members of our discord, being inappropriate and consistent disrespect and rudeness
    • Have you read the Discord rules? Yes
    • Do you think this punishment was incorrect? No
    • Why should you be unbanned/unmuted? I am ready to move on from the incident and I am sorry.
    • Please list any other times you were punished on the Skyblock Discord: None
    • If you know, tag the staff member that punished you: Borahae
    • Do you understand and accept the Skyblock Discord rules and our code of conduct? Yes

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
  2. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

I want to bring attention to "I am ready to move on from the incident" part of this appeal. Because it shouldn't have happened at all. The fact that this all occurred after a previous ban which was graciously overturned for you because there was an understanding that you wouldn't be breaking any rules in the future.

I am nice and very happy to unban with not much need for one to explain themselves when they are new to this section and the offense is minor enough. But you used up this first chance, so I expect a lot more than a "sorry".

Let me ask you a few things. Why do you feel the need to start trouble with people? Do you find it enjoyable to be rude to others? Do you think sending nsfw images to people appropriate behaviour?
    It seems to me that you enjoy creating arguments and criticising others until they get angry then call them sensitive snowflakes for not tolerating it. Feel free to correct me if these statements are untrue.

Do you want to be a polite and kind player on this server, on all platforms? If so i'd make sure you show this.

While you may not be banned on the server for these issues that happened on the discord your behaviour on every platform counts towards whether someone is being genuine in their appeals. So had you been behaving in game the way that is outlined in our code of conduct i'd believe that you are actually sorry for what happened. Yet I see more evidence of heckling others and general bullying, disobedience towards a staff member who was trying to calm the chat.

So overall, give be a better reason to why you should be unbanned and a reason why should I trust you again.

3. Jack <3

Jack <3 Member

Hey Borahae thanks for the reply,
    I would like to start off by saying that I geniunely see why you feel this way, I see how i've let you down over and over again. I don't feel the need to start trouble all the time people get away ALL the time with tormenting and making false accusations or statements towards me and i'm over it i'm not gonna sit there and run off to a mod i'm gonna defend myself. In saying that I also can be disrespectful and cause trouble I very much agree. and regarding the 'snowflakes' Kids who i'm not gonna name are happy to group up and attack me but when I come back at them (which I shouldn't) they get all sad and walk off to the mods because they know they can in which they're correct in doing but I was quite fustrated. I do want to be a kind and polite player But I am NOT going to tolerate other players and run off to staff about it I will call them out if they're wrong, From now on I will do that in a more factual way with less emotion so as to not be rude or disrespectful but it goes against my beliefs to just sit there and take it or run off to mods which Is a great idea IF things are getting out of hand. And Lastly regarding staff members, you guys have my respect I see where I can be very fustrating I genuinely do see how I irritate you guys but I dont appreciate how some staff members not only speak to me but also when they try and shush me when i'm having a respectful debate with someone in chat I am allowed to debate an idea or an issue with someone RESPECTFULLY if it gets out of hand where I have before I see why. I am sorry for being disrespectful at times I know I am annoying but I don't try to be I am a very insensitive person sometimes and I let my emotions get carried away.

I dont have a reason for you to trust me again, I genuinely don't I'm not gonna give you my word because it hasn't held up in the past and i've let you and myself down. So untill you feel like you can trust me and I can do the right thing my word holds no moral value.

I'd be happy to come to some other compromisation but I can tell you this, I'm not going to do what I did again and I use the Discord to communicate and Trade across all the platforms.

Cheers.

4. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

I can only advise you this is the worst way to possibly handle situations and will likely benefit the people who you have these disagreements with because they won't be the ones banned and unable to enjoy the server.

Furthermore I have seen you completely overreact to situations and when everyone has dropped the topic you will not stop. Your version of not tolerating things that people do is to fire back insults and that is inappropriate. If you are unwilling to even attempt to do the right thing and ignore them or report them then I cannot see why we would someone who creates toxicity around on our servers.

We do not allow debates in public chat as it disturbs the chat and is unnecessary. All debates should happen in private. But you aren't getting shushed for debating. You are getting shushed because everything a person does pisses you off somehow and you cannot argue politely at all.
    "Your actually special mate look at you go" Not only disrespectful to the person but to a specific group of people
    "you don't contribute to any conversation you participate in. Your are unknowledgeable"
    After a mod tells you to stop
    "yeah yeah bloody snowflakes"
    How did someone messing around in chat bother you to the point you need to insult them.

My goal is not to ban or punish people if I can. I want to give everyone a chance because I wish people to do the same for me if I made a mistake. But you are coming up to a point where if you cannot control your actions there likely will be more punishments.

So make a choice, but no need to tell me because this isn't related to this appeal. Will you stop arguing and being rude or will you continue to act the same.

I appreciate you taking the time to appeal. But before we continue please can you explain why you thought sending nsfw things towards others on our discord, especially people that didn't consent, was a good idea. Please also explain why you said insensitive comments in voice chat? It won't happen again? I'm glad to hear. But what I do want to know is why it came to your mind in the first place.

5. Jack <3

Jack <3 Member

Hey Borahae Thanks for the reply,
    I don't know where to start to be honest. My track record only shows the wrong side of me I easily get caught up with the wrong people and try and be smart or 'show off' which in the end lands me in well, s***. I don't try and come off as rude and the reason I blow up and start insulting / disrespecting other players is because I let them get in my head and I take it WAY too far. I can argue politely I tend to quite a lot but I find sometimes when a player I am not on good terms with starts tormenting or disagreeing with no reason I blow up and Start hurling insults which I know is NOT how I should be handling situations considering my involvement in the community and considering my age.

I really am ashamed I just am out of words Sorry doesn't cut it to be honest I have reached the point where I am considering leaving because I feel my presence around staff members and a few players just seems to cause inconvenience and trouble.

I will stop I will try and be the Friendly Approachable Jack instead of Hurling offensive insults when someone I don't like speaks up.

And regarding the NSFW Image, I was in a call with a few buddies of mine who well I feel like I need to show off around and that image was created a long time a go I found it and decided to be cool and send it without any consideration. I also am ashamed of what I said the said player was Being racist and tormenting me by saying things like "All Australians are useless" "They do nothing anyway I hate them all" But obviously he cut that out. I over reacted and I am apologetic not only towards said player but also everyone else involved. The reason I said what I said was to act cool and show off so that my mates would think i'm funny, Everytime they're around I feel the need to but luckily This will NOT continue and I only ask for forgiveness I don't deserve it I am suprised I am allowed to play in the community at this point I have no more words Borahae I am truly sorry if that means anything at all.

6. Jack <3

Jack <3 Member

Hey Borahae I just wanted to let you know I've been working really hard recently to be more positively involved in the Skyblock and Economy community, I am going to keep this up for the remainder of my time on the server I thought that this might show you although its only been a few days that I am serious about changing my attitude and my unnecessary disrespect towards staff and players.

7. Krissy

I am glad that you want to change how you act on the servers to be more positive. If you need any help please ask rather than let things get too far.
    As you said, it's only been a few days so please keep working at this. Don't just do it for the unban, but do it because you really do want to enjoy this server.

Please don't be discouraged by this decision however I want you to appeal again in two weeks. In this time you must:

- have no legitimate reports made against you (false reports will not be counted)
    - have not argued (either be the cause of one or in one)
    - Been 100% polite to everyone

Optional goals for you will be:
    - Creating a report on a player that harasses you (and you didn't fight back and just ignored it)
    - Create a report on the server when someone is breaking the rules
    - Try and apologise to anyone you believe you have been rude to that was not rude to you (think of at least one person)

If you can do this, I will instantly unban you on the discord. If you don't we will need to discuss things further.

I would also like to offer you a few ways to help you enjoy chat even if people may be coming after you.
    - Ignore them completely, talk about other things and act like they aren't important. The moment you react the more they will try to anger you. So you don't want to be their game.
    - Turn on /quiet for a little while.
    - Log off or try playing another server for a while or do something else entirely
    - DM me and rant about the situation
    - Reporting people without engaging with them is beneficial. You can request we don't punish the person if you just want but reporting makes us aware of what is going on so we aren't too harsh on people who are having it rough.

So please continue your journey to become a more friendly and positive jack. Please appeal in two weeks and you should find yourself unbanned if you do the right things.

8. Krissy

You are free to re-appeal if you wish or reply here to continue appealing

9. Krissy

Thank you for creating an appeal, but unfortunately your appeal has been denied.
    We strongly recommend reading through this thread here for any future appeals!
    Thread closed and moved to Appeals Archive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.