[Discord] Allow users to play music in the Music channel

Discussion in 'Other/Uncategorized Suggestions Archive' started by TheDruid, Jul 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheDruid

TheDruid Active Member

IGN:
    TheDruid_
    I've always found it odd that players can't play music in the Music channel on Discord. I personally would use it a lot as I host things like parties and such at my island and it would be cool for people to be able to listen to the same thing at the same time.

My suggestion would be to allow users of a certain rank and higher to use the Music channel

• Support Support x 4
    • No Support No Support x 2
    • Neutral Neutral x 1
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
  2. Gamzee24

Gamzee24 Loner Premium

IGN:
    Gamzee2448
    I think this was already suggested by Krissy but I’m not sure.

3. Gamzee24

Gamzee24 Loner Premium

IGN:
    Gamzee2448
  4. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

My suggestion is to give people who are of a certain discord rank access to eliminate abuse. We have users on the discord who are not exactly ones be active but yet troll and be toxic. Having an open bot for these users unfortunately is not desirable.

Mineverse discord seems to be fine with their layout and I think we could use some activities on our discord to make it more lively

5. Emerald

Emerald Senior Member

IGN:
    TheEpicEmerald
    I have to agree with Krissy on this. These music permissions in the music channel could be abused very easily with ear rapes, racist songs, etc. There are not that many Social Elitists+ on the discord and plus they've had the rank for a while. Social Elitist+ should be given music permissions in the music channel as a reward for talking that much in chat.

6. athyrix

athyrix Senior Member Premium

Support. I think maybe social elites maybe is a bit too much but I’d go with Discord Enthusiasts.

7. TheDruid

TheDruid Active Member

IGN:
    TheDruid_
    I fully agree with only allowing users with certain ranks to use the music feature.

8. Xethorias

Xethorias Senior Member

IGN:
    Xethorias
    discord euth+ for it, support.

9. 52Phenomenon

52Phenomenon Super Moderator Super Moderator Events Manager

IGN:
    52Phenomenon
    I support for discord enthusiasts and above to have access to the bot, since I think social elitist is a bit too high but to get enthusiast it still requires quite a lot of talking and XP.

10. Blyx

Blyx Senior Member

IGN:
    Blyx_
    No support for letting all players have access. It should be a more flexibly given rank, but to those who gain the trust to use it, and can prove that they do not abuse it.

11. TheDruid

TheDruid Active Member

IGN:
    TheDruid_
    Updated my suggestion to only allowing users of a certain rank or higher to use the Dyno music bot.

12. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    Support for Discord Enthusiasts+ its kinda taking long to get social elitist so ye.

13. Rolly

Rolly Senior Member

IGN:
    Rolly__
    No support

Even if they have higher rank it doesn’t mean they won’t abuse it (earrape songs ex.) Let’s just keep it for staff.

14. MrABGold

MrABGold Active Member

IGN:
    MrABGold
    Just make your own discord server and give it RythmBot. Have a channel explaining how to use it - a channel to put the commands in - and a voice channel with the bot on to listen to. Then people at your parties need to join your discord channel. Simple. You can give people access to using commands but you also don’t have to :)

If needed I could always make you one :)

Edit:
    If you let everyone use it that wouldn’t work because you’d get people like Cal playing the lonely island all the time so issue. Making it for certain discord ranks also doesn’t seem great because there can still be people not deserving of using it at those ranks and lower ranks who deserve to use it but aren’t a high enough rank. I’m staying neutral. I mean if you need music for your island just make your own discord channel with RythmBot or something.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  15. Armaganndon

Armaganndon Well-Known Member

IGN:
    armaganndon
    phat support so i can play mine diamonds earrpe bass boosted inaudible or some johnny rebel
    biggg support

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.