USA DingleBerrys' Helper application :D

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by DingleBerry, May 4, 2020.

1. DingleBerry

DingleBerry Active Member Premium

IGN:
    DingleBerry14
    Thank you for taking the time to come to my application. If you are able to, please read my application, give me a rating and some feedback. I would really appreciate it if you do <3

If you would like to know more about me as a person, check out my introduction;
    Dinglesplats&#039; Introduction! (late, but whatever) | Skyblock Forums
    Also, I wrote a little introduction in French :p

Your in-game name:

I am now a member of the berry cult :D
    It is now DingleBerry14 (will change to DinglesplatBerry soon, and then will stay that way)

What time zone are you in?

MDT, aka UTC−06:00. I feel like while this timezone itself may not be specifically useful, there are ever so many times where I am online when a staff member is unable to be online, and so there are many times during the day where I would be able to fill in.

What country do you live in?

United States of America. I feel like being from the USA is good because most of the players on Skyblock are from the USA, and because of that, my timezone will line up quite well, and I will be able to maximize my effectiveness.

What languages do you speak?

English, and mild French. (Also, google translate for other languages :p. I understand it isn't the best, but it is okay for a last-ditch effort.) This should be fine because more than 99% of the playerbase speaks fluent English.
    Bonjour! Je m'appelle DinglesplatBerry. J'adore jouer au foot avec les amis, et cuisiner avec le mere et pere. Aussi, j'aime jouer au tennis. Le foot est plus aimable que tennis. Je suis aimable, amusant, et j'deteste brocoli.

Do you have 2FA enabled?

Yep!

Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence? (i.e. recording software, screenshots, etc)

Indeed! I have F2 of course, but I also have OBS Screen recorder, XBOX live interface which I can also use to record and take screenshots. Also, I have recently installed and become acquainted with Gyazo.

Why do you think you should become a staff member?

I would like to be a staff member to help keep the server great. I would like to be there, when things happen, to help stop bad deeds from the beginning. I would like to keep the server away from bad, harmful, or degrading language. I would also like to be there to help teach new players how to play, and ensure that they are enjoying there time on Skyblock. Essentially, I want to be a staff member so I can enforce the rules, teach people how to play, and make sure everyone is happy!

While the Skyblock server has many mods and helpers, I personally believe that it is always good to have more. I feel like the more staff there is, the better Skyblock will be.

I believe there are many specific traits that I have that can be used to contribute to the Skyblock community:

Helpful:
    I am helpful! I know the server well, and I can help a player do what they need, e.g. build a cobble generator, explain a command, or whatever they need! And, in the scenario that there is something that I am unable to complete, I can hop onto discord and ping someone who can! I believe this would help the server because many times, people ask for things in chat, and I love to help answer their questions, which helps make everyone happy.

Happy:
    I am happy. I love to be happy, and I smile all the time. I like to reflect that on the server, and stay happy! Making me mad isn’t that easy, and if people say mean things about me, I don’t take it harshly. I think this would help the server because people like it more when other people are happy, and I love to try to do my best to make others happy as well.

Active:
    I am very active compared to most people on the server. My playtime has skyrocketed recently, and should be able to stay that way for quite a while. I think that this would benefit the server because the more active I am, the more I am able to help!

Sensible:
    I know when to tease, and I know when to stop. I like to play around, and I know when a joke should stop. Sometimes in chat someone is being teased a little to far, and people aren’t picking up on that, but I can help make sure nobody gets their feelings hurt. An example of this would be in-game. Say people are being teased by a few players. I understand when it is a joke, and am sensible enough to decide when the joke should stop, and I can help the player stop getting teased before it hurts their feelings. I think this can help benefit the server because I can stop people from getting their feelings hurt, and help keep everyone happy.

Loyal:
    I love this server. It’s the best! The community is amazing, and the gameplay makes it even better. I do not want to leave the server, and I don’t plan on doing so. I think this can help the server because the more loyal I am, the more I can play, and the more I can play, the more help I can give.

Trustworthy:
    I don’t abuse privileges. If I received a staff status, I wouldn’t the permissions. I might ban myself once, but I will NEVER use my permissions in a way that is harmful, or degrades the server in any way. Trust is something that can be lost in a day, but earned in years. I am someone who can be trusted on your island with no worries at all, because I am trustworthy, and I would never do anything without permission. I believe this can help the server because since I am trustworthy, I can help people with riskier things that they wouldn't normally let people help them with.

Prepared:
    I am prepared for things to go wrong on the server. It is inevitable. And when that happens, I am prepared to to stop it, fix it, and ensure it doesn’t happen again. I won’t let things catch me off guard. I believe this can help the server because being prepared stops things from getting worse.

Experienced:
    As stated in the moderation experience section, I have much experience with moderation and servers in general. I can use the commands well, and I understand how they work. I am also very technologically-apt, and I understand how to do many things with computers. I can help players with their connectivity, and explain to them why it is what it is. I am familiar with the windows command prompt, and commands used to help debug things. I can help players understand why their WiFi is worse than their Mobile Hotspot, and I can help them with issues in that context. I think this can help the server because it can help players with questions that most people wouldn't be able to help them with, and I will be able to do more things right-off-the-bat.

Friendly:
    I am very friendly and approachable. If someone needs to contact me, they can do so in a safe manner, and they won’t be scared to contact me. I am an extrovert, so I love to talk and be around people! I love helping people, I love talking with people, making jokes, etc. I am very outgoing, and I like to think that almost everyone on the server is my friend. I think this can help the server because it gives people a friend. I have had many greybeans be my friend, and they have said that they stayed because of me, and the heartwarming comments really made me happy, and I like to try to do my best to make them happy too!

Mature:
    While I am only 14, I don’t act my age. I understand when to be serious and when to be funny, and I believe this maturity will be helpful when enforcing the rules. People can’t convince me to let them do something bad. I am mature, and I will not let those things get to me. I think this can help the server because maturity can show other players that I am not messing around, and when they are doing things they shouldn't be doing, I can be stern, and ensure that things stop as fast as possible.

Quick Typer:
    I type at 80+ words per minute. While many of you have noticed that sometimes there are mistakes, I can also type perfectly and mistake-less at 60 words per minute, which means I can reply when people need urgent help, and get the job done fast. I think this can help the server because it means that I am able to help players even faster!

Generous: Lets just say there is a reason why I have no grass xD! I like to help people. Unless they won’t accept it. But still, I find crafty ways to sneak it into their inventory. It is actually kinda fun! I think this can help the server because it makes people happy, and it makes them want to stick around longer!

High Morals:
    I live by very many and very strict morals. I never have sworn, IRL or digitally, I always talk and think cleanly, and I do not get peer pressured into doing things that are against my morals. I believe that I should be fair and non-biased, but I also believe in responsibility, and that your actions have consequences. I reflect this in game, and I know it is a good trait for staff because it means that I do good things, and am not going to be able to be peer-pressured into doing something wrong. I know this can help the server because reflecting high morals always makes things better. It makes things happier, cleaner, and ensures that one is not corrupted by peer pressure.

Humility:
    I make mistakes, and when I do, I always learn from them. I understand that most of the time, it is my fault, and I do not blame others. When I make a mistake, I like to follow my own little guideline Evaluate, Understand, Learn, and Adapt. I evaluate the situation and what happened. I understand the other points of view. I learn from what I did wrong, and learn what I can do better, and I adapt what I have learned into how I think and act. I know this can help the server, because blaming things on other players in order to cover up your own mistakes is not okay, and humility and the ability to learn from your mistakes is a key aspect in everything.

Clean:
    I never have sworn, and never will. Digitally or IRL, I do not swear, and I like to try to keep the chat clean. I very much dislike it when people use unkind and dirty language, and I will try my best to ensure that the server chat stays sparkling clean. I believe this can help the server because it will help the people not become uncomfortable to language that is not clean, and people who are uncomfortable will not want to play.

Quick Learner:
    I am a very fast learner, and I can take in large quantities of new information very well. If I became a helper, it would take less than 15 minutes to get myself acquainted with all of the different things, and I think this would benefit the server because in the scenario that I am promoted, I would be fully functional very quickly. While similar to the humility aspect, I believe that this can help the server because I can learn how to do things quickly, so other people will not be punished by my own slow learning, and since I can learn fast, they will be able to be helped quicker instead.

How long can you be active on the server everyday?

I am normally online, like, a LOT, like normally 3-10 hours, although some of this is AFK. If I am needed, I can easily pop back on and do whatever I am needed to do. I normally play everyday, and I should be able to keep this large amount of activity for the foreseeable future.

How long have you been playing Skyblock?

About 10 months on my current account. I believe this has been a good amount of time, as I have been able to learn how the server works, and am very familiar with almost every aspect of the game.

Have you ever been banned in the past? (Forums & In-game)

Nope! And I fully intend to keep it that way. I have also never been muted or warned, and I have a perfectly clean history! While having no history at all is good, more importantly I also haven't had any recently, (or ever), and because of that, I feel that this shows that I understand and reflect the rules in-game.

Do you have any previous moderation experience?

Yep! I used to own my own server, and I was in charge of moderating every aspect of it, like the gameplay, the chat, and whatever else needed moderation.

Do you meet the requirements for staff?

Yes, indeed! :D

50 Post Count - I well surpass that!

2F Authentication - I have that enabled, and I will use that to ensure nobody can take access of my account except for me.

2 Weeks on Forums - Its been longer than that!

Discord - Yep! Dinglesplat#8886

I have all the requirements. Yay!

Thank you for taking the time to read my application. I would really appreciate feedback, as I want to become the best person I am able to be, and to be able to learn what I can do to be able to more fully contribute to the skyblock community. Have a good day everyone! <3 <3 <3

• Neutral Neutral x 17
    • Support Support x 5
    • No Support No Support x 3
    Last edited: May 25, 2020 at 12:10 PM
  2. FalcoFalcon

FalcoFalcon Member

IGN:
    FalcoFalcon
    This feels like an amazing staff application! I unfortunatly dont see you too much on forums and discord... Also have not seen you help in chat too often. If you increase these things this will surely become a support, but neutral for now.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. DingleBerry

IGN:
    DingleBerry14
    Thank you so much! I understand if you have not seen me help in chat often, and it is something that I am working on. Discord I can also agree with, I am normally on there just in the skyblock-help section. Although, personally I feel pretty active on forums. Do you think you would be able to elaborate on why you feel that way? Thank you so much for your feedback, I really appreciate it <3

4. FalcoFalcon

FalcoFalcon Member

IGN:
    FalcoFalcon
    I have honestly just never noticed you, but I will be keeping an eye on your username now.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. DingleBerry

IGN:
    DingleBerry14
    I can understand, there are many posts on forums and you may have not noticed me. Thank you for keeping an eye out though, I really appreciate it!

ca1eb2k I see you gave me a no support rating, if you would be able to leave some feedback, I would really appreciate it <3

6. UrsusMaiorus

UrsusMaiorus Member

I neutral u. I don't see u help and i see u advertise a ton but ur nice. cut back on ads and help more otherwise I will feel I must no support. The ads are annoying me a bit. Fantastic app as i said before

7. Togpuss

Togpuss STAY Premium Premium

IGN:
    Togpuss
    Although you are an amazing, kind, and caring person I am going to have to no support this application. I feel like you need to help in chat a lot more and overall improve your activity in general. In addition to this, you have also been on forums for only a month- barely cutting the requirements. I wish you the best of luck with your application and I will come back to this when I change my mind. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. DingleBerry

IGN:
    DingleBerry14
    Got it! While one of my job is to advertise for SnapBuy, I can probably slow it down, to only repeat every 5 minutes? Thank you for the feedback :D
    I totally understand where you are coming from. My goal is to become more helpful, and to help more players on the server, and I understand that I am currently not helping out as much as I should be. I will work on improving this. Thank you for your feedback, it really helps <3

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Togpuss

Togpuss STAY Premium Premium

IGN:
    Togpuss
    Yeah, I would tone down the advertising slightly too. I don't think it's the timing that's the issue, but the amount of people that seem to advertise it at the same time. A two minute period is fine and is actually what most people use on the TrauPho mod. I just find that some of the advertisements contain some arguably immature comments. Good luck again. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Kai776

Kai776 Member

IGN:
    Kai776
    Maybe not make this point fully about abusing perms? Trust is not just about abusing permissions.

//

Other than that - Neutral. Need to be more active on discord, and help out more in chat. Good luck

11. BobaLatte

BobaLatte I'm Radio Rebel Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    I’m going neutral.

I have said to many people that they aren’t on Economy and I haven’t seen you either but whenever I come on forums, I see that you are really active. I think that we have too many mods that go on Survival than Economy and we need more Eco staff. Your application is really good and you are in fact active on forums. Good luck! <3

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. DingleBerry

IGN:
    DingleBerry14
    I understand what you mean. You are correct, trust isn't just about abusing permissions, but I wanted to make it clear that if I was granted those permissions, that I would not abuse them. Thank you for the feedback, I will try to make it more clear!
    Thank you for the feedback! I personally find more joy in playing survival, but I am sure economy is stellar as well!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. BabyYoda777

BabyYoda777 Active Member

IGN:
    Yodabearmaster
    I still think this application is quite early. I think that if you were to get to know the community more, my opinion might change. For you application though, its a little on the lacking side of information, its very generic, like Happy, Mature, etc... I want to see something that isn't seen in a normal 14 year old. Although you state you are mature, I don't really see that reflect in game.

Also, in your application, don't say "And much more." Be exact, and write everything down you have to offer, read through all the accepted applicants and denied ones to see examples.

During the beginning of you application, the question of Why you would want to be mod, its not as in depth as I personally want to see, If you could expand that section, there's a high chance of me changing my opinion

-No support

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. DingleBerry

IGN:
    DingleBerry14
    Thank you for your time and feedback! I do agree, I should get to know the community more. I have been on skyblock under this account for about 10 months. You may not have noticed me, as I have had many different usernames.
    I see what you mean about the And Much more part. I have removed that from the application, thanks to your feedback!

I will also make the beginning of my application part longer, as I totally agree with you.

Again, thank you for your feedback, as I really appreciate it! <3

15. JustinBerry

JustinBerry Berry

IGN:
    JustinBerry
    You have been very helpful to anyone in chat- I think you are fairly active on forums, but maybe a bit more activity on discord :) Other than that, Great!! Good Luck.

Support.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. DingleBerry

IGN:
    DingleBerry14
    Thank you so much for your feedback and your support rating! I will work on being more active on discord, and while I'm there, I will ensure that I help people as much as I can!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. LeoSteel

LeoSteel Active Member

I put Neutral for now, you seem like a nice enough person, you should perhaps avoid post farming as much as you have recently.
    [​IMG]
    That’s kinda too much. Dial it back a touch, but I think with a bit more experience and willingness to actively help people you’d be fine.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. DingleBerry

IGN:
    DingleBerry14
    Oof Im sorry! I was trying to be nice and welcome them, didn't know that was post farming :\
    I will ensure that it never happens again.
    Thank you for your feedback! <3

EDIT: Ya, I guess it was called post farming. Southwark and me talked about it, and I won't ever do it again.

PLEASE READ: I will only be responding to posts after there have been 2 posts. South said this was recommended, and that I shouldn't respond to every post right when it happens. I promise I am still reading them, and listening to your feedback, even if I don't respond right away. Have a good day everyone!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    Last edited: May 4, 2020
  19. PCcoolguy100 (aka phr33z)

PCcoolguy100 (aka phr33z) Active Member

IGN:
    phr33z
    I guess it's too early to say anything, and usually I no-support newer members just because they barely meet the requirements - but you seem different.

Neutral for now, this may change later for the better or worse.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. BobaLatte

BobaLatte I'm Radio Rebel Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    You are popular! xD

• Friendly Friendly x 1