Skyblock Diamond reset

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions' started by -Joey-, Apr 15, 2019.

1. -Joey-

-Joey- Active Member

Ok this is gonna sound dumb, and noone is really gonna like it.

We need to make Diamonds rare again.

I think there needs to be a LIMITED TIME (two weeks?) villager at the shops that buys Diamonds for 9/10 grass.

This will do two things

1. Liquidate all the diamonds making them rare again
    2. Resets the Price of Diamonds to a more reasonable amount.

Ok bring on the Hate

• No Support No Support x 7
    • Support Support x 5
    • Neutral Neutral x 1
  2. Krissy

Krissy hyyh Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

You have a valid point. We do need more incentives to actually spend the items we make to make them more valuable.
    The issue is that the reason diamonds are seen as not valuable was because of how their value was on classic. Even in the first few days of new skyblock diamonds were like nothing. Iron was more sought after.
    Your suggestion works well as an economy suggestion since on org people are making tonnes of money but there isn’t anything to spend it on.
    Neutral for skyblock tho.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. mijiperki

mijiperki Well-Known Member

If you want to change the value of a "rare" it needs to be rare in the first place. Diamonds are obtained through so many different ways and in such large quantities so removing a decent amount of them like this suggestion proposes will only reduce the amount backed up rather than their overall value. Once the buying period is over they will just stack back up again.
    If you really want to make them rarer and increase their value there needs to be more uses and more outflows from that section of the economy. Some ways this could be done are (similar to what you said) a CONSTANT shop where you can buy items with your diamonds, promote the use/crafting of items that use diamonds such as armor or even just reduce the amount of diamonds players receive through voting/kits/crates.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Monster_Sparklez

Monster_Sparklez Yee yee Bubba Premium Premium

IGN:
    Monster_Sparkles
    The value of something is as what people pay for it

If I sell diamond for 10 grass and every one starts jumping on the band wagon diamonds are now worth 10 Dias I just don’t think it would be the best way neutral

5. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    No Support,

This would make diamonds overpriced at /warp grass, there are shops who are desperate for grass.

6. W4ste_Gam3r

W4ste_Gam3r Active Member

IGN:
    W4ste_Gam3r
    Best way to increase the diamond value is to make items that are only obtainable by spending diamonds.

7. Blyx

Blyx Senior Member

IGN:
    Blyx_
    Neutral. I do like the idea of this, especially as grass is quite sought after - it would provide an easier way for diamonds to be spent without the hassle of finding an in-stock shop and someone not out to scam.

Problem is though, server shops are meant to encourage trade between players, with a lower price than the going rate - so it’s a little contradictory.

8. Terminator966

Terminator966 Member

Neutral,

Even if this was accomplished, you would still run into the same issue as before with shops trying to "one-up" each other for lower prices which will take the diamonds in circulation, and continue to lower their price again.

9. Sumner

Sumner Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Apparency
    clear all diamonds from server and restart im fine with that :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. lowfps10

lowfps10 Active Member

IGN:
    lowfps10
    No support because nobody uses the in-game shop. Everyone trades among themselves. Therefore, this would do nothing.

11. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    First, I don't think changing the villagers would do anything. If at all the amount of diamonds in circulation has to be reduced because now players are literally charging the diamonds cheap. One day we're gonna have diamonds that are as worth as the same value of iron right now

No support

12. ItsRed

ItsRed Well-Known Member

IGN:
    HeyItsRed
    i mean its a good idea im not gonna lie but people might just keep them but i support this because diamond prices are soon going to be 1:1 and thats just not very cool back in classic they were like 40 grass per dia and that was just fine and actually had value i dont know about you guys but i want that back

13. iQuestionLogic

iQuestionLogic Active Member Premium

IGN:
    iQuestionLogic
    No support.

Yes it will decrease diamond supply and increase the price, but buying diamonds for triple its current market rate will inflate the currency too much. Only wealthy players who stock pile them will benefit the most.
    Problem is that diamonds are only used for some tools and aesthetics reasons, there are no custom recipes or other sinks to remove them from the economy - so kits and crates are increasing the supply beyond demand.

14. Tog

Tog atpoaim Discord Moderator Premium Premium Premium Premium

IGN:
    Togpuss
    I do agree that the economy is not great on the server right now. I don’t think diamonds should all be terminated but think that a different currency such as emerald could replace their old selves.

15. Adriansop

Adriansop Moderator Moderator

IGN:
    Adriansop
    I don't think you guys really understand how a player driven economy works.

• Agree Agree x 5
  16. LadyAnkie

LadyAnkie Active Member

IGN:
    LadyAnkie
    no support. the nether resets on the 1st every month. they will all over the server again in no time.

17. MrABGold

MrABGold Active Member

IGN:
    MrABGold
    the diamond situation is quite a problem to be honest, it’s heading in the direction that they’ll be close to worthless. It’s not great, especially compared to when I played on classic and it was 24 grass per diamond, and they were expensive, and actually rare. They used to be like the secondary currency for buying rates and stuff, but now people only use diamonds as a building material or for armour and tools. Some people could see it as good, some could see it as bad, but I don’t think there is a good way to ‘sort it out’. Nothing will probably happen to be honest, and like others have said, if three go back up, competitive pricing will cause it to be low again

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Lz

Lz Well-Known Member

I disagree, but first I must ask central questions:

1. Why is the diamond situation a problem?

2. Why was it greater when they were 24 grass?

To me it looks like your post revolves around you simply liking diamonds being rare, and therefore seeing the current situation as "bad", whereas you don't point out any downsides to the current diamond price.

To this suggestion also (mainly taken from my reply here):

Diamonds won't have much of a rarity when each skytitan gets a potential 1100 diamonds per year.
    Proof of diamonds not being a rarity comes from the price in the last years on both classic and the new server.

If your objective is to keep diamonds rare, then you should reduce the amount received in kits from 3 to 1, and for skygods from 1 to 0. That will help magnitudes more than the pitiful amount of diamonds from the nether - which does not compare at all to this source of diamonds.

If your objective however is
    to keep the kits as the primary source of diamonds, then yes, no diamonds should come from the nether or anywhere else.

But if you want to keep diamonds rare and have them come only from kits, then you need to significantly reduce the the diamonds received from kits and remove them from the nether.
    Solely removing them from the nether is not going to make them much rarer. The effect is minimal. The influx of diamonds due to kits has always, and before the introduction of the nether solely, been the reason for the price drop. (excluding duping for both cases)

The fix to retaining the idea that items from purchased ranks should have any kind of rarity is the creation of a way for items to be used and be removed from circulation, thereby balancing the creation and expenditure/removal of diamonds. As Sean once said,

"This is the life of an economy server with no way for items to vanish. The only time things go missing is when they're used or dropped and CLAG takes them. Balancing 'eco' servers is hard because if it's unfair, people will leave, but if it's easy, they leave as well. When small issues aren't addressed, they begin to grow, and grow, and grow until they turn from that small issue into one that's towering over everything else."

But on the other hand this is supposed to be a player driven economy. If you want diamonds to be rare, there needs to be an actual use of diamonds for players. As long as there isn't one, I see no reason to start artificially inflating the price. I call Adriansop's attention to this point as well.

Either way, if there is no scarcity any commodity will not be rare. The scarcity for diamonds is being reduced through kits, it is not a good idea to intervene in the economy.
    -Joey- you have not yet given a reason for the low diamond prices being bad.

You could increase scarcity by creating a reason for using diamonds - giving an incentive to "spend" them.
    This however does not warrant directly setting the diamond price for a longer period through villagers. This only makes the situation worse, and as Adriansop said, isn't the way to lead a player driven economy - at all.

No support.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
  19. MrABGold

MrABGold Active Member

IGN:
    MrABGold
    well they’re going to end up worthless, and then when I get them from my kit, I won’t end up with much grass from selling them, and then there will be no point in them apart from decoration because you can’t trade with something that is worth less than grass

20. Brake

Brake Experienced Member

The economy of /skyblock is based upon trading item for item. If you were suddenly to remove a lot of these precious items it simply would not be beneficial. Diamonds decreased in value because they are good for nothing. If you were to remove a load of diamonds sure they’d spike in price, but they’d inevitably return to their current price. There’s no point in raising the price of diamonds.