Diamond prices.

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by ArtsmeiH, May 17, 2018.

Become a member to no longer see this ad. :)

1. ArtsmeiH

ArtsmeiH Active Member

What on earth happend to the diamonds these last 2 weeks? 2 Weeks ago I could easily sell them for 11/12 grass and right now it's 7 grass at it's best.. Was there a dupe glitch or something?

• Cookie Cookie x 1
  2. BertBerry

BertBerry donk shrek Premium

No. Diamonds are just... useless and common here I guess. People are lowering the price in order to get grass so they can use on their islands. As you can see, desperate people are selling diamonds for less and less grass in order to try get grass. Like in 2012 they were 64 grass each. Now like they r reaching 7 grass per like seriously

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Creepingdeath9

Creepingdeath9 Active Member

Maybe also the nether fortresses. If i find diamond in some then other does to.
    Max i found like 9 dias in one fortess once

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. PINK_mustache01

PINK_mustache01 Active Member

There is just too many right now. I think if we raise the levels of diamond blocks it would help the value of Dias go up and it would be fluctuating again. Diamonds just need a purpose.

5. ICWhiteTiger

ICWhiteTiger Member

The value of diamonds is going down since there's a lack of use for them besides crafting armor, tools, and blocks, grass can be placed and therefore removed from circulation. I think a good solution is to have somewhere to spend diamonds at so they leave circulation which would cause the value to go back up.

6. TheBeingOfTime

TheBeingOfTime Restricted

I agree, there are too many diamonds, and not enough to do with them. The value might go up if there was more to use it for. Special Items and all. Possibly a diamond only shop.

7. MrABGold

MrABGold Active Member

Yeah like people have said, lots more people are using lots of grass on there islands but also people have probably realised that to buy most things in a tradeshop, you need grass. Also the only other uses for diamonds are upgrades and Rares. If you have done tab recently, most donors are skygod so they pretty much stop upgrading at that point. I remember when they were like 24 grass each on /classic yet upgrades followed the same general rule we use atm, 10 Dias is $1 on the store

8. Krissy

Krissy Kim Taehyung Premium Premium

Eh people just made up the prices for everything and decided diamonds aren't worth it.
    The prices of everything already seems wrong, inflated and seems more like greed than economics at work. That is why I no longer trade and find trading to now be annoying. I want to sell cheap and fear people will make insane profits where they shouldn't. Now I only give away my items to non donors.

9. ArtsmeiH

ArtsmeiH Active Member

I like this idea, if there would be a way to take them out of the circulation, it would mean they would raise in value.

10. MrABGold

MrABGold Active Member

The only way to take them out of circulation is if someone bought them all or something like that and it would be difficult to do because some inactive people would have them. I am quite happy with how cheap they are though because the price of upgrades are still the same but technically cost less grass :t

11. vinferron

vinferron Member

Well you can buy like heads with dia

12. World

World Active Member

This might be due to this server being the replacement of economy. Most of the players from economy have migrated to this server (survival) and are now making it a server based on greed. I was a frequent player on .org so I know that most players there were greedy.

13. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Experienced Member

Its quite shocking to see diamonds lose theor value from around 25 grass to 5 grass. But as others said, people want grass. According to my savage economics teacher, if theres an excess supply of goods and not much demand, the price of the good will decrease, but the demand for another good related to it will increase and since theres probably a low supply, the price of it would increase (Inferior goods). In this case its diamonds and grass:

High supply, (due to insane amount of donors lower demand= lower diamond prices

On thr other hand,

Low supply of grass (because grass is the currency and not much use for it), increasing demand= higher prices for grass :p

Hope I taught some interesting stuff in economics :p

But im sure the price of diamonds would inrease soon once after the demand of grass lowers

14. MrABGold

MrABGold Active Member

Wells said XD
    And all the people terraforming will finish eventually so then they won't need grass and everything should go back to normal :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. World

World Active Member

Do you mean 'a lot of use for it' here instead of 'not much use for it'?

16. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Experienced Member

Its used for payment, and as building blocks

17. Arceus

Arceus The Llama King

People are desperate for grass to Terraform or buy stuff.

I think in the future Diamonds will be 4 Grass each for 1.

18. cheese

cheese New Member

they too high

Become a member to no longer see this ad. :)