Desire to be a helper

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by GAWDFADDA, May 13, 2022.

1. GAWDFADDA

GAWDFADDA Member

IGN:
    gawdfadda
    Hey guys, im curious of my peers stance on if they believe id make a good helper ,:) only thing holding me back from applying to be a server helper is honestly that i dont have 50 forums posts but i do feel im fairly active on here:) but i am alwayss on so idk.. i suppose id like to know any atttributes i should work on, :) id love to apply :heart:

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    If you think you're that active enough, you could help out more often in the discord and in-game just letting you know before you apply. :)

Here's also a guide regarding Helper Applications.
    Skyblock Official Site | Skyblock

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. boba

boba modern manifesto Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    [​IMG]

bestie you have 50+ posts !!

also i've seen you on discord but try to improve activity in the help channels ^_^

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Emerald

Emerald Senior Member

IGN:
    TheEpicEmerald
    I've had the pleasure of meeting you coming back to this server, and you were the first person to join my coop. I immediately took trust in you and I took your act of kindness into accountant and you seem like an awesome person. You do have a lot of potential to become apart of the staff team, and like Boba said you do meet the requirements. Make sure you do have 2fa enabled on your forums account before you apply! You are very active in-game so there is no denying that, but you could help out in the Discord some more, although I see you active in the general chat on there! Looking forward to your application

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. GAWDFADDA

GAWDFADDA Member

IGN:
    gawdfadda
    ohh can you dm me how to do 2fa ;o ! but thanks emerald! before u asked me to coop i stayed on /quiet and grinded alone for two months :uneasy: i cant believe how many greenies denied taking my island for free so i could join you ! lmaoo but u were my first friend on here so much love! i will def have to be more active in discord hel p channel :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. GAWDFADDA

GAWDFADDA Member

IGN:
    gawdfadda
    oohhhh i had no ideaa look at me cx :cool: how do i use discord as an overlay so its easier for me to access whilst in game ?

7. GAWDFADDA

GAWDFADDA Member

IGN:
    gawdfadda
    okay sounds good! will help greenies every now and then but more w donations but i can def be more guiding! ty:)

8. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    GAWDFADDA Careful not to double or triple post! It can been as post farming just to let you know you could put all your replies to people in one post for this thread! :)
    There's also a guide on how to enable 2FA. sorry if it's a bit old.
    Skyblock Official Site | Skyblock

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  9. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    This is my opinion so if anyone feels offended or butthurt sorry lol

I think having 50+ posts doesn't mean u should be mod. I think you should have around 500 posts that way you have interacted with meeting people, and learn about how the server works and the different worlds that each server has.

On top of that, i think you should be at least a loyal or discord enthusiast in the skyblock discord so you are familar with how discord works and know the general layout of skyblock discord. Seriously we had helpers that were promoted and they hardly had a presence in the discord which I find unfair. Literally I've been in the discord for ages, i have over 2k posts and I still didn't make it to the team despite my excellent quailfications. Its no wonder we can never have any great staff member.

Anyways, back to you. Your pfp is weird but it would make a nice helper pfp because helpers are low class :p (Just jokes obv if you felt bad sucks for you) . your name makes me wanna cringe a bit, seeing u as helper would make me wanna simp less cringe more. You're fairly active in chat and on discord. Not so sure about helping so expect nothing from me lol. Feel free to apply and ill probably give a neutral or no support (most likely a no support :heart:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: May 14, 2022
  10. GAWDFADDA

GAWDFADDA Member

IGN:
    gawdfadda
    okay understood emerald informed me of this aswell! i was unaware and appreciate you notifying me:)
    umm you kinda contradicted urself.. soo, my loyalty and lack of enthusiasm in discord is bad, however ur one of two positives is that i am fairly active in discord .-. lol , i get the feeling u used my post as a vent for ur own experience with applying. however id love to address your point :)

Quantity is not quality. Thats very easy to understand, but that is why i addressed said qualification, implying i am wanting to be put more effort into our community:) . now despite my lack of presence on discord , doesnt imply a lack of knowledge . im actually in about 5 servers that are all for Skyblock.net the two biggest being our mapart community , and the main server discord :) i am very familiar with navigating discord.

yes you dont see me helping as much because i have very much dedicated a lot of time into learning about this server . And despite your assumption all platforms of it in tthat sense:) i played a decent amount of eco tto learn the ins and outs, so can provide knowledge of the difference in play, shop, know how crop hops work and all:) i know commands arent the same like spawners are much more valuable cause ranks cannot manipulate mob type ! i can get around well in eco(:)

As for classic... brotha, i mean skyblock was my main attraction to minecraft, when i was 12 i was playing on a rigged acct and server, ggrinding the cobble grind for weeks! lol me and my friend fell victim to a reset like how our nether does .. lol

and as for sb , i have grinded , and still always am! i have spent days in the nether, and have committed to knowing how to play survival best i can :)

and i actually do help, after Reset it is always calmer and i like taking time to sometimes simply donate and communicate w a greenie, and i love being able to tell them how great the nether and challenges are for not only begginners but overall play!:)

i take no offense to ur post and i am grateful for the small piece that was constructive :heart: id love to see u rise to the status u desire as well!:) anddd id love if you didnt simp over me cx my own advice to you is to gain repour with your peers rather the witty jabs , we cant guide a commuity if were unable to connect with them .. sometimes knowledge is power , but it doesnt give a pass for ignorance my friend
    thanks for taking the time to comment:)

11. Queen

Queen Well-Known Member

IGN:
    QueenxAlex
    personally i'd say give up while you still can

12. Queen

Queen Well-Known Member

IGN:
    QueenxAlex
    You heard me

13. GAWDFADDA

GAWDFADDA Member

IGN:
    gawdfadda
    reasoning ?

14. Xstevey

Xstevey Active Member

IGN:
    Stevecracking90s
    I was about to give really really REALLY negative feedback thinking you were another eco-player who has been not really "helpful" on the server. But as far as I know, you would make a good candidate. Just try to get yourself out there more before u apply.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Queen

Queen Well-Known Member

IGN:
    QueenxAlex
    Bad

16. LeoSteel

LeoSteel Active Member

You are active and may aswell apply now, it'll be a year or so until they respond, by then you could have a million posts and be the most active person here.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. GAWDFADDA

GAWDFADDA Member

IGN:
    gawdfadda
    how do you reccomend, maybe go to eco more often ? i main on sb so i know i should do thhat i gotta nice lil isl started ;p

lolll thats fine with me, i guess im more also curious how people who see me around have interoretted the experience right now! thanks for the direction:)

well i apoologize that we havent had a good interaction yet , ty for ur time :)

18. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    damn bro you took it a bit too serious :flushed:

One of the things about being a helper is being able to take jokes (to be fair everyone has their own line either set up by the staff team or by themselves)

I didn't mean most of the stuff in the last paragraph. but its nice to know you are pretty active and help out :p

And i wont simp for you bc ur ugly :heart: and I have someone else I simp for that you will never know :)

19. Xstevey

Xstevey Active Member

IGN:
    Stevecracking90s
    Oh :0 you mained eco lmao. Which ever one you main, make sure you visit the other once in a while. :> Best of luck!!!

20. Xstevey

Xstevey Active Member

IGN:
    Stevecracking90s
    You simp too much.

• Disagree Disagree x 1