Skyblock Delete inactive/ one time join islands

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions' started by Tog, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Tog

Tog atpoaim Discord Moderator Premium Premium Premium Premium

IGN:
    Togpuss
    For the past couple of years, I have wanted to buy the islands next to my main one. I have recognised that this isn’t an uncommon wish to have so decided to make this small suggestion regarding these inactive islands.

All four islands around me are owned by inactive members and left almost untouched for a year and a half. I suggest that after a certain time period, these islands are to be deleted if not above a certain island level (to prevent larger island being deleted) to allow users to expand their islands across multiple thus being able to create bigger builds. If unable to be deleted, islands could be moved into a newly introduced ‘inactive’ island area- although I understand this would be harder to implement as supposedly deleting them entirely.

Edit: this would also reduce server lag as empty islands are apparently one of the main causes of lag.

Support: 17
    Neutral: 4
    No support: 9

• Support Support x 10
    • No Support No Support x 9
    • Neutral Neutral x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: May 13, 2020
  2. Pillow

Pillow blanky Premium

IGN:
    Pilberry
    Agree

I've being planning to make a thread about this but if you join with an island over is lvl 100 beside it then you are required to get a forums account then the people with the is lvl 100 islands beside you and notified and they could contact the new player to make a deal to buy their island location. Or if they joined before this was implemented and they did not log on for 3-6 months after implementation then the over is lvl 100'ers would be notified that one of their alts or main could claim the island for themselves and the previous owner would have either their island moved or destroyed.

3. Tog

IGN:
    Togpuss
    Archie38 As stated, the islands would need to be below a certain level in order to be deleted. Islands with rares would not be deleted because they would have a high island level.

4. Archie38

Archie38 Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Archie38
    Yeah, I read more and realised i contadicted it so I deleted my comment xD

5. LeoSteel

LeoSteel Active Member

I put no support, whilst I understand that it can be frustrating to see all that space, putting a system in place to delete islands that do not meet certain requirements isn’t fair for people who may not play as regularly or perhaps use the island for different reasons. What sort of island level are you talking about? A few blocks or minimum of 100 etc it’s a tough thing to balance and I doubt it will work out without deleting something that someone wanted. For example, my mapart island is made of wool and stone and that level doesn’t change because that’s not what the island was built for. The system wouldn’t differentiate between that and a small unbuilt island depends on parameters set. Also alt islands used for storage or whatever would be affected. It’s better if staff manually give out islands if /seen hasn’t been on for x amount of time. As an automated system I believe would be hard to code and delete things it shouldn’t.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Pillow

Pillow blanky Premium

IGN:
    Pilberry
    I would guess as they're 199x/149x they wouldn't be deleted as money was spent on those.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Tog

IGN:
    Togpuss
    I do agree with most of this. Especially if staff could manually give our islands.

8. LeoSteel

LeoSteel Active Member

That’s a fair point, but again alt storage islands which only perhaps have a few chests or something.

also what happens if the person the other side of the unused island wants it as well? I know it’s unlikely but it’s not impossible.

9. Tog

IGN:
    Togpuss
    ‘First come first serve’ method I’m guessing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Gutlerglates

Gutlerglates Active Member

IGN:
    IKillU69x
    I don't think the deletion of islands should happen at all, (Mostly because players could return and the nostalgia is what bought them (me) back) but I do think staff should be able to rearrange islands to what Togpuss is saying.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Tog

IGN:
    Togpuss
    ‘Nostalgia’ - over an island that hasn’t ever been touched?? I would like to refer back to my point that it would only happen if islands were below a certain island level. This level would be set very low. I’m not convinced man gotta people would come back for nostalgia if they have only played for 2 minutes before leaving again and never returning.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. LeoSteel

LeoSteel Active Member

How much is very low? I know people with an alt island that uses the original layout just with a private on the chest? They use it to keep their loot secure.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

It’s too risky to automate island deletion imo and I don’t feel like there is a reliable enough measure to base deletion upon unless the islands are actually untouched. Of course logs are not reliable either.

I know people want double islands but I just don’t see it as a necessity to delete islands that aren’t being used. If there is a need to for performance reasons I’d be more open to it

• Agree Agree x 5
  14. Brake

Brake Experienced Member

If I woke up after being im a coma for 2 years and I came online and my island had been deleted I’d wish I’d never woken up.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. Tog

IGN:
    Togpuss
    ' islands are to be deleted if not above a certain island level (to prevent larger island being deleted)'.

16. Brake

Brake Experienced Member

My island level isn’t high..

17. Monster_Sparklez

Monster_Sparklez Yee yee Bubba Premium Premium

IGN:
    Monster_Sparkles
    No matter what the requirements to be deleted it could be a fresh starter island with no blocks moved it would still be too risky like Krissy said, I bought my alts island whenever I saw the owner was online, you could do some research about it and maybe find if the player is still active and track him down idk,

this has been suggested too many times, the only valid reason which I would go neutral with would be because of the amount of lag caused by these islands

no support

18. Tog

IGN:
    Togpuss
    The requirement for a deletion would be set to very low.

19. Brake

Brake Experienced Member

Too low and it wouldn’t do anything

20. Creepingdeath9

Creepingdeath9 Well-Known Member

How about adding a command that lock your island from ever being deleted. So more rutine players can be sure that their islands Will not be deleted ever, then all players that start a island and play for 5 minuters and never Come back Will get their island removed after a time and long time players Will have their island secured? As a addon to this tread idea

Cous i have The same problem with 3 of my islandn neighboors

Sorry bad gramar and spelling, i have not english as my first language

• Agree Agree x 5