Skyblock Delay Hub restart times

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions' started by Brake, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Blyx

Blyx Senior Member

IGN:
    Blyx_
    I see, I apologise for my misunderstanding. :)

Does the hub not have a max join feature though? Because I've seen people disconnected even from the hub due to lack of space from everyone joining upon a server crash.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Brake

Brake Experienced Member

Why is this relevant? My suggestion is to delay the hub restart time so those that are waiting for the /Skyblock server to restart can wait in the hub, also because the hub is restarted shortly after /skyblock restarts, if you do not join back as soon as /skyblock restarts, you will not be able to connect until hub is back online.

3. Pillow

Pillow blanky Premium

IGN:
    Pilberry
    it's 11am GMT+0 maybe 12.

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. Blyx

Blyx Senior Member

IGN:
    Blyx_
    My point was, if the hubs are full due to everyone being re-directed there after the server restart, regardless of whether there is a 10 minute delay on the hub restart, you may still be kicked/ disconnected due to lack of space. As you said in your original post, it takes you a long time to reconnect when disconnected, thus perhaps also include in the suggestion to have the 10 minute delay, but increase hub max player allowance?

I was merely suggesting a flaw which might prohibit your suggestion. Other than that, I agreed it would be useful.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Brake

Brake Experienced Member

Yes I suppose that would also need to be a second part to this suggestion as the hub itself would need to be big enough to let the players actually join the hub. Sorry I didn't understand this when you were explaining it.

6. Pillow

Pillow blanky Premium

IGN:
    Pilberry
    There are 2 hubs (/hub1+/hub2) but you would probably need more.

7. Brake

Brake Experienced Member

Not necessarily, just increase the number of players that can join the hub.

8. WhatsUpDoc

WhatsUpDoc Eh What's Up Doc? Premium

IGN:
    WhatsUpDoc
    Agree I think that sometimes it can take forever to get back on skyblock after being put in the hub for a restart.

9. RedstoneTrails

RedstoneTrails Moderator Moderator

IGN:
    RedstoneTrails
    What does it say when you try to connect? The servers are generally back-up within 2-3 minutes, I've never had much issue with it.
    Skywars is separate from Skyblock.net, as it's shared between us and Mineverse. If you direct connect to skywars.com, you'll be able to connect fine.
    Depending on which mods you're using, I've seen the restarts cause clients to crash. Most common is the Skyblock mod, which throws this error on server restart:
    I've also seen it crash a few times while attempting to send an autoadvert from the main screen/join screen.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    Support, I have encountered this before, It would be nice waiting in the hub while the server tries to get online again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Brake

Brake Experienced Member

This picture was taken at 12:09 (9 mins after restart). 2020-02-20_12.09.37.png

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Brake

Brake Experienced Member

Okay so I managed to connect to the hub through Skywards, but I couldn't connect through Skyblock.net.
    But this time rather than the hub being at fault, /Skyblock has failed to come up online 14 minutes after the restart. 2020-02-20_12.14.02.png
    2020-02-20_12.15.46.png
    That took 17 minutes to come online...
    And, when the server came online, it was seriously laggy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Brake

Brake Experienced Member

Bumping this

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. LeoSteel

LeoSteel Active Member

This is a simple change that can actually make a big difference to people’s gameplay and experience, I can’t stand playing during the reset time now as it irritates me beyond belief that skyblock resets I get moved to the hub then that resets almost immediately which has a 50/50 chance of completely crashing my MC then you have to wait for both to start back up but have to change how you connect as the hub was the latest server you were on so it tries to connect there first but that’s down then you have to go to skywars, then transfer... it’s all faff that could easily be avoided by moving the reset time by like 10-15 minutes.

I can imagine any new players that join around that time being completely put off by a double reset and eventual kick from the server.

15. ElectroTom

ElectroTom Well-Known Member

IGN:
    ElectroTom
    Re- supporting this, the other day when server restarted, I got to the hub, then there was a broadcast on the hub saying that that was restarting, after I had only just connected to the hub.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Brake

Brake Experienced Member

Bumping this, no idea why server restarts still aren't staggered.