Cyber bullying

Discussion in 'Discussions Archive' started by Lemonade, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Lemonade

Lemonade Boss Member

IGN:
    Lemonade__
    I don't understand why people are deciding to break the rules a lot recently. Doing this just causes grief and agony for the targeted player or community. What would your mother say...

Targeting a player online by breaking the rules is not only rude but is also considered to be cyber bullying. Doesn't that title seem nifty? Did you know that 1 in 10 cyber bullied teens attempt suicide? And by doing this, you are contributing to someone wanting to take their life. Cyber bullying isn't something to be taken lightly. It's a serious issue that kills lives. It causes people to turn their lives around just because of one comment. If you think that you can justify it, you can't. You really can't. Not everyone has thick skin and can take the heat when it comes. That's why they come on here.

You know who you are. I'm not singling out anyone. But realize this: by cyber bullying or causing stress in someone's life, you could be contributing to someone changing their life in the worst possible way. We say words don't hurt, but they really do.

2. Teeler

Teeler i am kenough

IGN:
    TeelerSwift69
    It's like soooooooooooooo illegal in New Zealand. Yesterday I was being texted some awful stuff. I was called all sorts. Even told to kill myself. It's just so horrible how people have nothing better to do.

3. anna

anna Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've been threatened many times over the internet. But if you think about it, people will always be like this. No matter where you go, rude people will be here; irl or online. We have to face it.

4. Elric

Elric Well-Known Member

I'll be honest, Cyberbullies aren't going to stop what they're doing. It's much better the educate potential victims than trying to stop the bullies. If the victims would stop getting their feelings hurt, bullies wouldn't have a point, thus, inevitably stopping. All you have to do is to press the "ignore" or "block" button or if that's not an option, don't read their freaking messages. It's that simple. You "literally" do nothing and you've prevented yourself from getting your feelings hurt.

5. Chub

Chub Active Member

Cyberbullying is a serious issue, and is difficult to stop. Don't let the cyber bullies get to you, thats all.

6. LegoBuildergirl123

LegoBuildergirl123 New Member

Do Not Bully! I Will Tell My Mum! :-----)

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  7. Frederic

Frederic Well-Known Member

IGN:
    derf128
    Are you judging others by your own standards or just being pessimistic about human nature?

8. Wadee

Wadee Experienced Member Premium

IGN:
    Wa_e
    Bullying is not natural. People do it in intentions to hurt someone else, because they have nothing better to do. I totally agree with you Lem. Good point :heart: I so feel like tagging some people but naw :t

9. Cookieh

Cookieh Member

Uh. Not going to comment much. :/

(For the record, I haven't bullied anyone, it's for a different reason I posted that ^)

10. Flymi

Flymi Well-Known Member

Gotta agree with Chubby The best thing to do is to not let it get to ya
    Pay no mind to these Low-life sons of biscuits, for they have nothing better to do in life.
    People like them never find true happiness.

After all, that is one of the main reasons for cyber bullying.
    Its either they're not happy with their selves or, they simply get an enjoyment out of bringing harm to others.
    Overall I hate it equally as much as everyone else and hope that eventually cyber bullying can come to an end.

11. Peeb

Peeb Member

Bullying is natural.

Prove me and Entity wrong.

12. Frederic

IGN:
    derf128
    Why should the burden of proof be on the other side? Nevermind

Whoever says that is in need of a justification for being a bully, by the simple equation:

Bullying is human nature + I am a human = I am a bully

Antithesis as requested: any of the countless humans who are deferent, affable and forthcoming.

Maybe you also mix up human nature with the urges of self-questioning, unwell-feeling teenies who need to put down others to feel better. I can assure you, this will eventually calm down with time passing by :)

13. Peeb

Peeb Member

The other side needs to provide the proof because I'd like them to.

Bullying is human nature, that doesn't mean if you're a human that you're a bully. It means that if you put down someone lower than you, it's not you going out of your way to be a jerk. It's just you wanting to feel superior. Everyone does it unintentionally and subconsciously.

14. Lz

Lz Well-Known Member

Agreed.
    Agreed aswell.

15. Frederic

IGN:
    derf128

Which is basically loss of self-control. You're having a bad day and want other to have their part of it. That's not part of human nature. That's part of the animal nature within us. That's not an excuse to accomodate with it. So we set up rules, and we set up punishments for those who brake the rules. And saying "it's part of our nature" then ain't no excuse, because it's controllable, unless you are a psycho. If you however let it slip because of a momentary loss of self-control, you have to admit it and endure the consequences, apologise. Because this is what enables us to all live together. There's no point in letting some people have their inferiority complex getting out of hand.

16. Lukenblaz

Lukenblaz Well-Known Member

imgpsh_fullsize.jpeg
    I didn't have thick skin when i started out here
    now look at me
    incredibly toxic.
    but I'm not specifically rude to people for no reason.

17. iMercify

iMercify Well-Known Member

I understand that cyberbullying is bad, but no matter what you say, someone will still do it. If someone is cyberbullying you, there's a block/ignore function for a reason. Just do /ignore <scumbag's name>.

Sidenote: When I was a freshman in high school (5 years ago), I made a website about someone in my school and it allowed people to log on and post whatever they wanted about him. It was terrible and I took it down after a week. The problem was that he already saw it and reported it to the principal. I almost was suspended for a few weeks because I enabled the bullying. I may not have posted a bad comment, but others did and they were really bad. Like people were saying he should kill himself and no one cares about him. This should go the same for people here, too. If you see someone else bullying someone, do something about it. Don't just stand there and let it happen. I felt terrible, especially because the following year, he switched schools. By you sitting there doing nothing, you are enabling the bullying to occur. Don't be that person who stands there and records. Be the person that takes appropriate action.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
  18. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    Cyber Bullying is fun for who do that but it is serious, annoying, hated and can cause the victim to commit suicide. It wont stop. And it will never stop.

19. fathercourt

fathercourt Senior Member

IGN:
    fathercourt
    preach it babe

20. Moonlight_Pixels

Moonlight_Pixels Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Moonlight_Pixels
    Perks of cyber bullying vs irl bullying.
    All you gotta do is click that block button or /ignore :D