Custom profile backgrounds

Discussion in 'Forums Suggestions' started by Mai, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Mai

Mai serendipity Discord Moderator Premium Premium

Hey everyone.

I would like to suggest allowing users with the highest available trophy points to be able to have their own custom profile background.

I'm suggesting this because there aren't many perks that come with trophy points and I think that individuals that managed to get the highest amount of trophy points (which isn't easy to get) deserve a big perk for doing so.

It's something fun to add, and because of how hard it is to achieve getting all the trophy points, it will be extremely hard to abuse.

:)

• Support Support x 12
    • Neutral Neutral x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. boba

boba modern manifesto Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Support! Love this idea! It’d be fun to earn the perk to having a custom background and users can flex them. Similar to something on Mineverse for I think only staff. A wonderful idea, Mai :heart:

3. Mai

I think only Admins+ have it on MV. Would be a good perk to give to users here! Thanks for the support!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

It would be great to see more perks added and i really do love this idea. Full Support

5. eunice

eunice epiphany Premium

Support, maybe this perk would also encourage people to use forums more (':

6. No longer on forums

No longer on forums Member

Tbh this is unnecessary but I don't see why not as trophy points are pretty useless right now. Maybe if you get enough you can give yourself a custom title too?

7. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    Then what's really the point of premium ranks if you only get coloured names and everyone gets to have a custom title?

Support. I'm only missing the 10k messages trophy and I'm sooo close to it. I wanna unlock something new heh

8. Mai

Thank youu!

I personally think custom titles are a very minor perk in comparison to being allowed a full background image. Allowing this allows for users to almost be able to fully customize their own profile. I think it's something that would actually (like Eunice mentioned) encourage users to be more active on forums to achieve such a large perk. Custom titles are a premium perk and once users can achieve that too, premium would come nowhere close to being worth it.

9. Moee

Moee Well-Known Member

IGN:
    moearnings
    Neutral.
    While a custom profile background would be cool, only three people currently have all 471 trophy points. With that in mind, this seems too rare to be anything useful.
    Also note that being a staff member is a required trophy to reach full points, and many people on forums either have no interest in or no time to be a staff member.
    I would switch to support for this being a thing after a certain threshold of points, say 300. that would still be very hard to get, but allow more people to get it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Mai

The staff member trophy can maybe be ignored if this is added.

Having your own custom background is still a big deal though which is why it's supposed to be rare. In other server forums I've seen, only Admins+ have it, however if we allow users to have it here it may help them work towards something in the long run AND give users who have dedicated so much time and effort into this forum a huge perk. To others it may seem useless but I'm suggesting this for them, not for us. We'd just find it cool to see. And I think if you're able to reach 466+ trophy points then that alone deserves something big in return.

300 seems to low of a number as so many people have that. This is supposed to be something rare. If it's maybe 340/350 then at least that's not as common yknow. If staff don't mind it being a bit common then sure but I'm assuming this would be too big of a perk to just hand out to anyone.