[CST] iGlitcher’s Staff Application

Discussion in 'Withdrawn/Inactive Applications' started by Rifnos, Jun 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rifnos

Rifnos Prison Mike

IGN:
    Rifnos
    iGlitcher’s Staff Application

Your in-game name
    iGlitcher

What time zone are you in?
    Central Standard

What country do you live in?
    United States of America

What languages do you speak?
    English, Basic spanish (not fluent)

Do you have 2FA enabled?
    Yes

Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence? (i.e. recording software, screenshots, etc)
    Yes, Radeon ReLive

Why do you think you should become a staff member?
    I think I deserve staff on this server because if I am given the position of mod I will use it to make sure players can enjoy their time on Skyblock and know that there will always be a figure of authority to get in touch with. While I’m not necessarily calling myself that figure of authority, I will do my absolute best to provide for players needs in anyway I can, while remaining in the boundaries of the rules. The reason I want this position, besides to show how I’ve evolved, is to make the server more enjoyable to players of all types. I believe in equality and will treat all players the same and will do my absolute best to uphold the duties of moderation. The main reason I want the position of moderator though, the reason behind everything, is because I feel that I can make a difference. I also want to be able to help the server evolve in a positive way for the better. If I get Helper, I will put players needs over my own, treat all players equally, remain active, and handle situations in a proper manner whilst remaining calm.

Qualifications

Maturity- This is a big one. I’ve done little to show my mature side and while based off chat you could easily label me as in-fit, there are many reasons to state otherwise. During my time on Mineverse I maintained a very mature attitude and never went outside of my boundries. I believe if I’m given a chance to show maturity in-game that I can prove everyone wrong about me and what i’m capable of.

Honesty- I almost never lie when it comes to anything. I have come to terms with my stained past on this Server. I realize that no matter what i do that will never go away. I am always honest because I know the consequences are far greater if I tell a lie and will always be completely honest if I am promoted to the rank of staff.

Loyalty- When it comes to loyalty and trust I’m the person you need. If i’m promoted to staff I will provide my full dedication to the server and fulfill my moderation duties with one hundred percent effort. I will also do my best to be as active as possible.

Calm-
    I have had a history of “anger” related issues in the past but that has all changed. Over the years I have matured into a very calm person and can keep my cool at all times if I’m promoted to staff. Despite my past I have come to terms with my issues and have put them behind me.

Unbias- Practically nearly everybody I used to know on this Server has left and it feels a lot like a second chance. I never let friendships and relation get into the way of what i need to do and will make no exception to my duties if I’m promoted to the rank of moderator.

Friendly- I’m pretty sure I’ve always possessed this trait on the server and am always willing to help any player in need. Whether it’s refunding a scam, helping a player report someone who broke the rules, or any other simple issue.

Leadership- One of my most defined traits, I nearly always find myself in a forced position of leadership, and quite commonly comes to me as second nature. The main reason I am applying for moderator is because I believe that I can use this ability to make a difference in not just myself, but the community as a whole. I am and always have been a born leader.

How long can you be active on the server everyday?
    I can be on the server every day from 4-7 hours for at least 5-6 days a week and can be helpful to as many people as possible. I will always put other players needs over my own as well.

How long have you been playing Skyblock?
    6.5 years (Yeah, a long time) But it has been a while since I played and know that I will have to show to the community that I'm staying for good this time.

Have you ever been banned in the past? (Forums & In-game)
    Yes, But I dread the experience of having to write them all out. The last time I was banned for something I did though was in 2015 and I’ve only had 3 legit bans.

Do you have any previous moderation experience?
    I was a moderator on a smaller Minecraft server for a good few months and was also a moderator on a Garry’s Mod Prophunt Server until it shut down for unknown reasons.

Do you meet the requirements for staff?

Yes

Conclusion
    I know I will most likely be judged more negatively then positively about this application, and will be one hundred percent ok with any negative feedback towards this application. If you do think I don’t deserve the position of moderator, it would be nice if you’d provide feedback on why and what I can improve on. I look forward to my future on this Server and hope I can make this server a more friendly environment for people of all ages. I hope you give a long hard thought about this before quickly jumping to conclusions and would like to thank you for reading my application.

• No Support No Support x 6
    • Neutral Neutral x 1
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
  2. Oakk

Oakk Experienced Member

IGN:
    OakiiDoakie
    neutral I haven't seen you in game at all except for today but other than that I think you are good just looking on your application just work on your activity and I think you good chances for becoming a helper

Good luck

3. Rifnos

Rifnos Prison Mike

IGN:
    Rifnos
    Thanks, yeah I’ve been playing again since Wednesday and a lot has changed. I’m going to remain active though.

4. Cyk753

Cyk753 Super Moderator Super Moderator Staff Applicant Advisor

Thank you for your application. I know it takes a lot of effort to write one.

I am curious. I do not understand why you are trying to become a staff member. You did not actually explain that part. You simply shared your friend's story and then wrote about your personal qualities. What is it you want to achieve as a moderator? How will you help out the server? Simply to say you want to prove to yourself that you can do it is not enough in my opinion. I think it would help your case if you could add to that section.

Any player can earn redemption without being a staff member. To me, your application reads like you are just looking for the title.

Keep being active and I will for sure be on the lookout for you.

5. Rifnos

Rifnos Prison Mike

IGN:
    Rifnos
    Honestly I didn’t think about that. I’m fixing to head home so I’ll be sure to add that. Thanks for the suggestion.

Edit: Added, and am always willing to add more.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
  6. fran

fran pensive Premium

IGN:
    franfiction
    You've been playing for a long time, that's true. But you've just rejoined the server after a very long break. For that reason, I cannot support you at the moment. I'll keep an eye out though! Neutral.

7. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    Neutral, You just came back from a very long break and I have seen you not helping at all and not on the forums that much.

8. Rifnos

Rifnos Prison Mike

IGN:
    Rifnos
    Yeah I definitely have taken a VERY long break, and don’t expect to just be handed any position after being gone so long. I am also working on my activity in-game. Thanks for the feedback.

9. TweeCat_

TweeCat_ Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Tweeeeeeee
    Neutral, like everyone has been saying you did just come back from a break and I haven't seen you too much. Though besides that once I start seeing you more, and proving your statements (your qualities) are all true I will for sure change to a support!

Good Luck!

10. ItsRed

ItsRed Well-Known Member

IGN:
    HeyItsRed
    Neutral I havent seen you at all

11. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    No support.

Your application is alright (thought it would be nice if you could change the font as well as the font size.

However I'm pretty sure being a 4.0 GPA student doesn't mean you're a mature person. Anyone under a 3.0 GPA can be mature. Matter of fact my GPA is waaay below the 4.0 mark and I got some great achievements under my belt. Also in my experience though there are few exceptions if you have a 4.0 GPA you tend to be more egoistic and direct. Could be me though.

Anyways back to the feedback, what matters is how you react in certain situations as well as your reputation as a whole. Are you a great guy to be with? Are you helpful? Do you get pissed off easily? etc. So I would recommend you remove that part out, unless you want to get people to think you're bragging about your 4.0 GPA

Activity wise, I haven't seen you on though that might be me, considering I have a lot of stuff going on right now (despite its summer rip). But I'll keep an eye for you and hopefully talk to you in game :D

Similar to In game I haven't seen you on forums. Discord I never see you on. If you haven't I highly recommend joining our discord server as that's were a lot of people like to hang out. :)

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
  12. Timm

Timm Well-Known Member

IGN:
    TimLatte
    I agree with what Cyk said.
    Today is the first time I have seen you online, and I didn't really see you helping anyone in chat. Also although you were online in-game you haven't been on the forums since yesterday so definitely improve your forums activity.

Not sure what you mean by "Honestly if you’ve gotten this far i’m very proud of you.", we have only had to read 7 lines so far? Did you mean if we have gotten to the point of applying you are proud?
    We really didn't need to know any of that. What is the point in you telling us about your friend who had done a lot of bad things and then saying you are not doing if for the glory of the power? That just makes me want to be slightly more cautious if you used to behave that way in the past. Also, we all know anyone can become a moderator if they put in the effort and the time, helping the community etc, so you don't really need to tell us that.

Also as Archer said, being a 4.0 GPA student doesn't mean you're a mature person.

I may have seemed slightly rude there, and I didn't mean to be; just being a bit picky.

13. Rifnos

Rifnos Prison Mike

IGN:
    Rifnos
    Removed. Thanks for the feedback.
    I removed that portion as that was a bit of me messing around. The reason I included that is because if you knew what I did in the past, you would most likely instantly tap no support (Which you still did, but atleast you read my application :)). Anyway thanks for the feedback and I will work to improve my activity in-game and on the forums.
    ^^. Thanks for the feedback
    Once again thanks for your input. My activity really has been the crucial factor in everyone's opinion and it really needs to be improved. Everyone's gotta start somewhere though right?

14. TweeCat_

TweeCat_ Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Tweeeeeeee
    Yeah I do feel ya man, I’m in the same situation but have been back a bit longer :p

15. Bard

Bard Active Member

IGN:
    Audibility
    Neutral from the standpoint of me not seeing you too much in game, but leaning towards no support due to the content of this application.
    Though it's extremely minor, this should correspond with the title of the forum post, and should probably be changed to:
    If you're unaware, age will not play into, your chances of being promoted, so it sort of is kind of pointless to include. Once again, it's minor things that add up to the cleanliness of your application.

I'm not sure if this is wise to include, let alone having anything to do with why you should become a staff member.

As ironic as it is, I don't particularly enjoy having to pick out these little things, but I'm still a bit unclear of whether you're applying for mineverse staff or skyblock staff.

To me, it feels like you want the staff-title to prove a point, or redeem yourself to either a small handful of people or just your own conscious. In other words, it looks you're applying more for the prefix more than the responsibility.

I'm unclear whose app I'm reading; your friend's or yours.

The reason I've picked out little bits that don't seem like they belong in your app is because I don't really have much to go off of regarding your in-game behavior and personality, which should change. Overall, the best advice I can give you is to let your actions speak louder than your application, and maybe cut a few redundant bits from your app out, and include more useful information in its own respective place. Good luck and I hope to see a good candidate emerge from you.

16. Rifnos

Rifnos Prison Mike

IGN:
    Rifnos
    This was a very descriptive a post and I get where you're coming from. I used Mineverse as an example of a community where I had a better reputation for myself. I no longer have any interest in that server. As for the redemption portion, I'm most likely not going to surf my entire app looking for portions with it but I feel like I have a better quality that suits me and really explains why I feel that I can make a difference as staff. Thanks for the huge amount of feedback and wish you luck on your application as well.

17. Monster_Sparklez

Monster_Sparklez Yee yee Bubba Premium Premium

IGN:
    Monster_Sparkles
    No support, I feel that your quite immature and overall not helpful from what iv seen of you.
    I'v never seen you online except after you applied.
    in the screenshot you first talked about how you hate 2fa, no staff applicant should publicly post they hate this.
    it is what protects your account from hacks to be honest I think you should love it. if you had the responsibilities of a helper or mod and someone managed their way onto your account they could really mess things up.

at the other section a player asked for genuine help you are really unhelpful and you tell the player there is 5000 rounds in mob arena. I know you could of been joking but you have to learn the difference between joking and helping
    in other screenshots you seem to continue to joke as selling buckets might confuse new players

from what iv seen from you, I don't believe your ready to become a helper. you are immature and don't take things seriously. new players might see you applying and think of you as a good role model then you say you sold a bucket and a player might try to sell one to not knowing its illegal

Attached Files:

18. Rifnos

Rifnos Prison Mike

IGN:
    Rifnos
    The first one was because I couldn't find my phone, and wish it was by email verification or by trusted devices(Is this a thing?) The second was a joke as it definitely feels like 5000 waves and plus several others had already answered the question. Also I had been playing for a few days here and there before I applied. I originally had no plan of applying until I got hooked on the community again. Thanks for the input

19. fran

fran pensive Premium

IGN:
    franfiction
    I would have waited a few months instead of days

20. Bard

Bard Active Member

IGN:
    Audibility
    After seeing how you are in-game, I'm gonna stick with a no support.
    First off I'm a bit interested in the many other reasons, because from what I've seen so far, you're quite far from mature, at least from the staff's standards. I don't see you helping others, you're a bit overly obnoxious at certain times, and I just can't picture you in a staff position at the moment. There's other ways to benefit the server than by being staff, as anyone can be a helpful player, but for now, you really need to step up your game if you wish to be serious about this whole "redemption" thing you have going on. Good luck and I hope to see improvement soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.