[Crimsonwrath] "Go copy another server" [Cyp]

Discussion in 'Appeals Archive' started by Crimsonwrath, Dec 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crimsonwrath

Crimsonwrath Well-Known Member

Before I even start this, I'd like to repeat the message I sent to Cypriot that I never got a response to.

As the person responsible for (Server), there are a few things that I think you should know. I witnessed today that some people who play my server were advertising on .net earlier. No staff member or myself asked any of them to do so, they acted out of their own will. When I looked over at my friend’s computer screen while he was at my house earlier today, I noticed even he was doing it, I believe he is banned now, as he should be. I believe there are at least 3 other players who were doing it, and I think your staff has banned them all as well, yet again under more than fair reason. I’d like to personally apologize for that. There are people who play the server that are like that, but that’s not who we are as a whole. I will make sure to personally address these people so that such an incident does not happen again.
    I also want you to know that we are not copying your server, the only thing that is the same is the fact that it is skyblock, which is used by over a thousand different servers to this day. We have tried to make as many things unique as possible, such as the starter islands, the donor ranks, and the way the server is run as a whole. If you feel something is too similar to your server, you are welcome to tell me about it, as I don’t want you to feel like we’re stealing your ideas.
    We did not create this server to undermine you. We never expect to be as big as you. We aren’t trying to profit off of this, the only intentions of this server is to have a unique, small community for those who want it. Many players here are from .net and .org, but because we’ve all stuck together throughout the years, and many of them have been inactive on your servers for years. We are not trying to steal your players, revenue, or ideas.
    Yoshi and I only created this server to have fun. Those who play it are allowed to play regardless of rather or not they play your server. I do ask that you don’t ban anyone who plays here, because there are some people who play both, and that’s an unfair thing to do to them. We don’t wish to be your enemies, we would prefer to have no correlation whatsoever. I will try my best to make sure that anyone who plays our server can respect yours, or they can simply not go on. I found that I had no real reason for playing anymore, so I requested a ban from Mind a few weeks ago to avoid further conflict.
    You can think however you want of us, I just want you to know these things. I still love many of the people on your server, and I personally will respect your server as I did years ago. I’d prefer to have no negative relationships, just to be independent, however those who play with us are still able to play with yours.

Server name (.net / .org ): Both, globally banned
    In-game name: Crimsonwrath
    Full exact Ban Message: Gyazo - 8c966315b475d2b2c2aba6e7d2d0e593.png
    Did you read the rules ? Yes, as I enforced them for 3 years.

Why do YOU think you were banned? I was banned after purplevillager resigned after she'd been playing on my server. I assume because she was playing on my server and she resigned, somehow I "stole her from .net", not in the ban message but implied, because apparently people aren't allowed to play multiple servers. I have been accused of stealing players from .net, however the only thing we've done is tell old friends about the server on skype. Most people played both, but apparently that's a problem. Our player base is primarily just a group of friends who wanted to start a server for fun, and it ended up working out. I personally didn't plan to quit .net completely, as there are still a good amount of players here I liked and would come back to talk to. There were players who play my server who advertised on .net, but Yoshi and I never told them too, we told them specifically not to. I know enough to know that it wouldn't benefit us at all, and believe it or not, yet again, I'm not out to ruin .net. I feel like I was banned purely for spite, as the ban message contained something that was absurd and wasn't even in the rules.

Was this an incorrect ban? Yes. I in no way agree with the fact that (server) is a copy of .net, which was the banning message, we have not been stealing players as we have been accused of, and Yoshi and I did not personally advertise and were not responsible for the people who were. By banning me you are basically saying that it's illegal to make another skyblock server, and that every skyblock server is the same as .net. You never joined the server, but automatically assumed it's a copy. The only thing exactly the same as .net is the fact that it is skyblock (not even the same plugin), and we run Xenforo forums (which isn't even on the server, but you don't own Xenforo, and we use it simply because it looks good.) Everything on our server is designed to be different from the starter islands to the economy, we were specifically avoiding copying .net. If you feel we stole ideas from you, than you could just tell me instead of banning me, and I would do something about it, because I'm not trying to copy you, I still care for .net and want it to be unique.
    If this is truly "copying your server", than please "Skyblock" in your search engine, and ban the other 1000+ people who own a skyblock server as well.

Were you ever banned before on SkyBlock? If so, what for? In 2012 I was banned by kevdawg on the first .org for stealing some items out of a player's chest near me. (before Cyp even started playing)
    I was also banned temporarily while my rank was being fixed after I resigned.

Why do you think you should be unbanned? I've pretty much said it, we aren't out to get you, steal players, or copy your server. I just would like to calm the waters between us, and I don't want any correlation between us and my server. I think I should be unbanned, but I'm 120% sure I won't be. I was already banned before you decided it was necessary to ban me over top of that, but it was because I requested it because I didn't want to disturb your community. You can ask Mind to verify that.

Side note: If somehow I offended any of you other staff members, I'm sorry.

At least dignify this with a response, you owe me at least that.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2016
  2. MindSensation

MindSensation Senior Member

3. Lucy

Lucy Well-Known Member

You are not allowed to appeal.

4. Lucy

Lucy Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.