Skyblock Crate Prizes Need Work

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by MorayEel, Mar 8, 2022.

1. MorayEel

MorayEel Active Member Premium

IGN:
    MorayEel
    Why are there cookies and slime balls in voter crates on /skyblock? The amount of each that I've had to dispose of is astronomical. I'm just curious as to why these were selected as items for the crates over others. Getting something like wood planks would be so much more useful.

Also, winning multiple of the same mob disguise is a massive L for rare crates and above. Kind of a punch in the gut to win two guardian/skeletal horse disguises from a legendary key considering it's only applied once. I don't really open legendary keys, but I've gotten dozens of chicken disguises. It's basically just wasting grass/money on the server store when you get duplicates.

• Agree Agree x 6
  2. AdamCakezor

AdamCakezor Well-Known Member

IGN:
    AFVpyr
    I Thought of this also, I Would love to see a overhaul now on the crate system,

3. Xstevey

Xstevey Active Member

IGN:
    Stevecracking90s
    Yeah, wish there was a way to sell or get another go with the key. Or even better if the whole disguise would possibly be removed from the crate if a player wins it once (only for that player I mean). The crates really need a big update :/

4. KhalDrogo

KhalDrogo Experienced Member

IGN:
    Drogo
    This has been requested numerous times.
    We're flogging a dead horse here.

• Cookie Cookie x 1
  5. Prometheus

Prometheus Active Member Premium

IGN:
    PrometheusTheMad
    If you have already got the disguise, potentially when the server tries to apply the disguise to the players profile potentially:
    If it sees the player already has that disguise
    Reward with a set amount of grass instead

May be easier than trying to find a way to remove it from that players crate, or potentially there is a way to make say for example a horse disguise token, that can be used somehow and destroyed, or sold?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

I think the crate prizes also need an overhaul.
    I would add a new key type called "Cosmetic Key" which people can win pets, disguises and trails (some of which are rare and cannot be bought with donor ranks). This makes duplicates feel less devastating.
    I would also get rid of the rare, epic and leg pots. People might pay real money for these crates and it feels like a rip off to get one.
    If i'm wrong about the leg, epic and rare pots and people treasure them then im sorry, ignore the part about getting rid of them and they can be added back in the overhaul.

I'll quickly draft some possible prizes for each crate that seems fair given the effort to get each key. Please feel free to give feedback and tweak to how you think it should be.

NOTE: Chance to win these prizes obviously will be balanced.

Voter
    8 & 16 glass (glass is pretty useful but is a decent non donor prize)
    1 grass
    5 grass
    5 iron
    10 iron
    diamond pick
    diamond axe
    1 diamond
    3 diamonds
    2 vote keys
    5 vote keys
    1 common key
    3 common keys
    1 rare key
    Donor50 kit
    1 spawner (Best Prize)

Common
    20 glass
    2 grass
    10 grass
    10 iron
    20 iron
    diamond pick
    diamond axe
    diamond sword
    2 diamonds
    5 diamonds
    5 vote keys
    3 common keys
    2 rare keys
    1 cosmetic key
    Donor100 kit
    1 spawner
    3 spawners (Best prize)

Rare
    5 grass
    20 grass
    diamond axe
    diamond sword
    full diamond armour set
    20 iron
    30 iron
    10 diamonds
    20 diamonds
    3 spawners
    5 spawners
    Skytitan kit
    Enchant table
    10 vote keys
    5 common keys
    3 rare keys
    2 cosmetic keys
    1 epic key
    1 wither skull (Best prize)

Epic
    15 grass
    30 grass
    25 iron
    35 iron
    20 diamonds
    30 diamonds
    Full Diamond Armour set
    Enchant table
    10 spawners
    10 vote keys
    5 common keys
    3 rare keys
    3 cosmetic ketys
    2 epic keys
    Beacon
    1 wither skull
    1 zombie skull (Best Prize)

Legendary
    35 grass
    40 grass
    35 iron
    64 iron
    Sponge
    Wet Sponge
    50 diamonds
    2 legendary keys
    5 cosmetic keys
    10 cosmetic keys
    Guardian spawn egg
    Blaze spawn egg
    Elytra
    Beacon
    Totem of Undying
    Elytra
    Dragon egg
    Creeper Head
    Zombie Head
    Wither head
    Dragon head

Cosmetic
    Disguises:
    Pig
    Chicken
    Parrot
    Polar Bear
    Guardian
    Elder Guardian
    Skeleton Horse

Pets:
    Llama
    Polarbear
    Ghast
    Elder Guardian
    Rabbit

Trails:
    (Not sure what trails we have that aren't unlocked)

• Agree x 5
    • Amazing x 3
    • Disagree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  7. Calidre

Calidre Experienced Member

IGN:
    Calidre
    Skyblock Official Site | Skyblock

I'd also like to mention my current suggestion for all crates currently rare and above for prize reworks and crate reworks :D gives slight in-depth suggestion on a lot of the prizes as well as how the crate could work

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. skaM

skaM Well-Known Member

o_O We're making wither skeleton skulls obtainable again? I'm all for it considering half the wither skull economy is chilling on perm ban accounts or inactive peoples islands/ inventories.

9. KhalDrogo

KhalDrogo Experienced Member

IGN:
    Drogo
    A number of witherskulls have sold for quite high prices. Drogo guesses, those who bought them would not be happy to see their value drop.
    And of course Drogo has a few as well.

10. XDark50X

XDark50X Active Member

IGN:
    CrepX
    I honestly can agree! But i dont think all crates should be reworked, in my opinion the voter crate and the common crate are almost the same and the rates for better drops should be higher. I cant argue with the Legendary crate and the epic one because its high risk high value.

11. Magik

Magik Well-Known Member

IGN:
    MagikIsAMush
    Been trying to buy one on survival but no one wants to sell even if I over pay it seems... I think it would be a good idea.

12. Emerald

Emerald Senior Member

IGN:
    TheEpicEmerald
    I definitely agree with this suggestion.

The crates on classic were like this for years, and I feel like the prizes should match the current economy, because it is very different than it was when the new Skyblock was released. Most of the time, it's not worth buying an epic/legendary key because of the really weird chances/rewards for such a high price. Currently, in the voter crate, the chance for 1 diamond is lower than a rare key which does not make any sense for the current community.

A whole rework would have to be done in general for every crate to match the current economy, but it can be done.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. AdamCakezor

AdamCakezor Well-Known Member

IGN:
    AFVpyr
    I Agree with this, This definitely will need a rework due to the new stuff in 1.19 will be impossible to get without new ways to implement them or a shop to buy them from.

14. UpsideDowns

UpsideDowns Active Member

Totally agree, especially when you consider that people pay real money for keys from the shop, and can end up with literally nothing when they open a disguise they already have. I've opened chicken disguises several times from leg keys and it's always a huge disappointment when you can spend 20 bucks for a few keys.

15. 52Phenomenon

52Phenomenon Super Moderator Super Moderator Events Manager

IGN:
    52Phenomenon
    I like the idea of replacing some of the 'junk' items in the vote crate with more useful items like wood planks. Given that crates are a good source of items for brand new players giving them items which are so key and used all the time in the game is definitely a good way to go.

Winning repeats of disguises is definitely annoying and feels like a waste of a key. I'm not sure on the technical side how you could stop this happening but I think it is definitely something worth looking into to make the crate more worthwhile and interesting for those opening it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Slikassassin

Slikassassin Active Member

IGN:
    Slikassassin123
    I would love to see w the new 1.19 update all the crates get changed round a bit i really do like what chrissy said im probably one of the few who actively open leg keys and getting the disguises countless times and the trails is a total punch in the gut so i'd love to see a change in the prizes to make them more worth it

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Shep

Shep Well-Known Member Premium

IGN:
    lameshep
    agreeged