Connection Lost - Disconnected

Discussion in 'Help Archive' started by Between2Spaces, Feb 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Between2Spaces

Between2Spaces New Member

Hi,

I'm trying to play this game with my daughter. A couple of days ago we both added your server to our multiplayer lists and connected just fine. She must have previously played because she started straight away on an island, while I started at the Hub I think you call it.

Initially I selected Skyblock - Survival mode and got taken to a new island there. Then I asked in chat how I could play with my daughter? Someone (can't remember who) replied something to the effect "daughter?" and I replied "yes daughter".

Realising chat wasn't going to help, I tried to figure it out myself. Thinking my daughter was playing Normal Skyblocks and I was in Survival, I've figured out how to go back to the Hub to select the right game mode. After selecting Normal mode the game started loading in but before I get to see anything I get a "Connection Lost - Disconnected" message.

Now when I try to join your server from the multiplayer list, I'm not able to reconnect. It just starts loading then replies with the same Disconnected error. I've tried to connect many times over the last day or so at different times of the day and everytime I get the same Disconnected error.

Has some one banned me for saying "daughter" in chat?

What's going on?

2. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    You tried connecting to /skyblock and got kicked if im correct? Whats your ign, I may be able to help : )

3. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    Have you tried putting skywars . com in the server list then whenever you join you do /servers and then click on skyblock?

4. fran

fran pensive Premium

IGN:
    franfiction
    First of all, I want to apologize to you in name of the skyblock community. It's just awful how instead of helping you they decided to question other things. We have 3 skyblock servers at the moment.

Classic Skyblock - This is the first skyblock server, opened in 2013. It was discontinued and should be played in Minecraft 1.8 (or 1.12). It has the lowest number of players since it was discontinued and is no longer updated.

Survival Skyblock - Works in the same way as Classic, where currency are grass blocks. You can buy almost anything with them. It is worked on all the time by developers and we get daily/weekly updates. Recommended to play in 1.12.2.

Economy Skyblock - 1.12.2, currency is in-game money. Called skybucks. It is worked on all the time, like Survival.

You can change between them with /servers, or just /classic, /skyblock, /economy.

To play with your daughter you need to be in a coop. Do /coop invite username to invite them. Their inventory will get cleared.

Now, about your trouble connecting:
    Try connecting to the following IP:
    skywars.com

And then move to /skyblock, /classic or /economy from there.

Hope I helped.
    Happy skyblocking!

5. Between2Spaces

Between2Spaces New Member

Thank you so much for your help!

That did it. I was able to connect to skywars.com and then issue the command /skyblock to move over to Survival.

It sounds like Survival is where we need to be. I'll tell my daughter the good news and use the /coop command when we're both in-game.

Thanks again. You've been very helpful.

6. fran

fran pensive Premium

IGN:
    franfiction
  7. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    Thank you for your thread on a recent issue. The issue has been resolved.
    This thread has been moved to the Help Archives.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.