Comprised Accounts

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Brake, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Brake

Brake Experienced Member

Hello, as you may of heard Asivator and Archie38 have been hacked in the space of a week. Please ensure you have security questions set up on your mojang account to ensure your account cannot be stolen, as well as making sure not to give out your email or password no matter who it is.
    A lot of stuff has been lost and there is likely no way of recovering it. If you give out your password don’t be surprised when log into Skyblock and your island has been looted.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Brake

Brake Experienced Member

Ah well apparently @Asivator’s “hacked” account turned out to be his fault.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Monster_Sparklez

Monster_Sparklez Yee yee Bubba Premium Premium

IGN:
    Monster_Sparkles
    They both were their own fault. I don’t know what happened with asi but Archie was using an already compromised account. Multiple people already had the login. The same can be said for my d400 someone gave it to me but I don’t keep my rares or let that account have access to my rares. I can’t change the password because the person who gave it to me still wants to be able to play on other servers.

If your using a shared account simple be smart with it. Change the password if you can and don’t keep your valuables on it.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. TheSugarCane

TheSugarCane Senior Member

IGN:
    TheSugarCane
    If you want to be even safer, you can make your answers to the questions complex. For example:
    Q) What is your mother's maiden name?
    A) tEyzbLsYxV4k

I would highly recommend storing these in a password manager along with the password to your Minecraft account and various other online accounts you may use. Using a password manager will also make it easy to detect which passwords need changing and will prompt you to do so.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. RedstoneTrails

RedstoneTrails Moderator Moderator

IGN:
    RedstoneTrails
    Adding to this, make sure you store these complex security answers stored in a couple places, with at least one in a physical location. When I first started doing this with security questions, I made the mistake of only keeping the answers in a text file on my HDD. When that HDD died, I lost all of my answers, and had to go through a lengthy process of resetting my security questions on various websites.

Software like LastPass is also a great way to keep things safe without having to worry about losing the information.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Brake

Brake Experienced Member

I use the “Notes” section on my phone, but physical paper is always a good alternative.

7. RedstoneTrails

RedstoneTrails Moderator Moderator

IGN:
    RedstoneTrails
    I like to use the notes app + a physically sheet of paper in my computer desk drawer. Always afraid my notes app is one day gonna randomly die, even though it's backed up locally and on the cloud lol. Losing your info once makes you very paranoid.

• Agree Agree x 1